Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this is true, then I’m going to be livid:
upload_2020-11-25_15-35-20.png

Reactions: wesgeo
I got a text saying:
Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 2 - 5 weeks from today, but earlier delivery may be available pending completion of all outstanding pre-delivery tasks in your Tesla Account.

Deliveries are prioritized for customers who have submitted these tasks on a first come, first served basis. To receive your Model 3 this year, please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount to submit all outstanding tasks as soon as possible to prevent delays to your delivery timing.

This is an automated message. Please visit tesla.com/deliveryday for more information or reply to this text with any questions.

I ordered a M3P on 11/20 in Nova.

The only outstanding “pre delivery task” is their valuation of my trade in. I’m waiting on them. I hope this doesn’t delay the delivery of my car. I can’t imagine it could. Financing is secured, all the personal info is locked in.

I should be good right? Tell me I’m good.

• Funny
Reactions: To3OrNotTo3
I think the only frustrating part to me is that we ordered almost 4 weeks ago and it said 5-9 weeks, and get the text today of 2-5 weeks. Which is fine, but then you can go order the car right now and it’s the same delivery time as those of us who order a while ago. What’s the point in ordering so far in advance if we can wait a month later and get it in the same amount of time?

I think the only frustrating part to me is that we ordered almost 4 weeks ago and it said 5-9 weeks, and get the text today of 2-5 weeks. Which is fine, but then you can go order the car right now and it’s the same delivery time as those of us who order a while ago. What’s the point in ordering so far in advance if we can wait a month later and get it in the same amount of time?

You’ve answered your own question. There isn’t a point to ordering early.

Tesla isn’t building your car in the order they’re reserved , they’re building batches of like cars at one time. Logistics has always moved the same from east to west end of quarter.

Ordered my MSM Performance w/black interior Oct 28th with a Dec 9th-30th delivery. Text a couple of weeks back said 3-7 weeks out. Text today said 2-5 weeks. Ordered in Costa Mesa. I'm cool with waiting. Wall connector arrived today. Getting things done. And don't call me Shirley. ;)