Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla changed wheels size and tire brand. The ubers are 20x9 +34, but they are still using the same tire size as before with 235/35/20 Pirelli.

Before they had 20x8.5 +35 wheels with Michelins but same tire size.

Interesting...I was going with 18x8.5 but I may look to get 18x9 to keep it as close to OEM as possible.

I just got off the phone with the Manager of the Tampa location and he was saying that it's more than likely most people won't be seeing the P models until the end of December. He said mine is looking like Dec 26th for delivery in Jacksonville, FL.

Looks like Tesla changed wheels size and tire brand. The ubers are 20x9 +34, but they are still using the same tire size as before with 235/35/20 Pirelli.

Before they had 20x8.5 +35 wheels with Michelins but same tire size.

Interesting...I was going with 18x8.5 but I may look to get 18x9 to keep it as close to OEM as possible.

I hope this isn’t the case. I have a huge bias of Michelin over pretty much any other brand. Michelin just makes really, really, really good tires and nobody else even compares. It would be disappointing if Tesla decided to take a step back in favor of Pirelli.

I hope this isn’t the case. I have a huge bias of Michelin over pretty much any other brand. Michelin just makes really, really, really good tires and nobody else even compares. It would be disappointing if Tesla decided to take a step back in favor of Pirelli.
It definitely is the case. I’m bummed too. Strong preference for Michelin over Pirelli.

It definitely is the case. I’m bummed too. Strong preference for Michelin over Pirelli.

I’m with you guys. I prefer the Michelins, however I’m sad to announce that they did change to Pirelli this year. It’s on the website when you select the performance option. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

I will be changing my wheels to 18 with Michelin PS4S anyways but it’s a change I didn’t like at all.

Attachments

• 08097DE5-22BF-4ADD-96D1-153ADDB326DA.jpeg
    08097DE5-22BF-4ADD-96D1-153ADDB326DA.jpeg
    330.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Here are the pictures for you :
Quality was great , just taillight need slight
Adjustment but nothing off align or major
Paint defects ~
Ride was super quite with no rattles or wind
Noise :cool:

View attachment 612728
View attachment 612727
View attachment 612724
View attachment 612723
View attachment 612726
View attachment 612725

Thaaanks!!
Are you able to test performance?
0-60 times?
1/4 mile?

Did you pay for FSD? If not, did the car came with HW3.0 installed?

Thanks again!

• Love
Reactions: Willybeen