Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you order online or at Tesla? I’m wondering if deliveries will be in bulk or individually based on order date. Considering you order a month before and we almost have the same time frame.
It really depends. If his/her order configuration is placed on a truck with others going to that way like the east coast or Texas they can either jumped ahead or delayed even longer. Like with our model Y performance, we order February 25 and took delivery the March 27. We also changed our configuration 3x. And someone ended up cxl their order and we jumped ahead of many people. It really all depends. Sometimes the rep at the store can see what’s coming and vin match you that way as well. It really all depends on location, order date, FSD, configuration, trade in, and sometimes color. Like I stated before it’s about the luck of the dice roll.

Curious as to why you are trading in your 2019 for a 2021? Sometimes I consider buying a used 2019 to save some money.
Good question, well out M3P has been quite the handful with repairs and issues. It’s been in and out of the shop ALOT. I’m not bad talking about Tesla. However even they realize it has been in the shop a lot. Which lead to higher conversation with others which lead to a 2021 being ordered. However, our LRDM+ was fantastic! Not one single issue. It went into the shop for things that it had to. FSD computer swap, the charge port was replaced due to a know issue. That’s it. I was sad when we decided to trade that for the better half’s model Y. Which our has been pretty good considering it’s very early vin. But from what I’ve seen, heard and experienced, these 3 are pretty much perfect. *knocks on wood* for mine.

Saw another M3P on reddit
D9A07384-BC75-4E80-8754-6F113CD0855A.jpeg

Wheel gap looks bigger on this one too. Is it some optical illusion with these wheels?
That wheel gap has to have shipping blocks or something going on... there's just no way that is the performance lowered suspension...

Edit, maybe it's just the fact they stretched a 235 tire onto a wider rim. So far they're the only car mfg selling cars with the phat boi stretched tire life. I'm extremely frustrated by this pic

Last edited:
I
That wheel gap has to have shipping blocks or something going on... there's just no way that is the performance lowered suspension...

Edit, maybe it's just the fact they stretched a 235 tire onto a wider rim. So far they're the only car mfg selling cars with the phat boi stretched tire life. I'm extremely frustrated by this pic
i think you’re right. It’s got to be shipping blocks. The pics on the previous page of the white one does not have the gap.

Yes, by stretching that tire to fit the wider wheel, it makes these wheels even more susceptible to curb rash due to less vertical sidewall protection.

I certainly hope that shipping blocks are causing those gaps. The Tesla site definitely does not have those gaps.

Does anyone know if we can put 245's on those wheels?
This is most likely due to an optical illusion. Also they are using a 235 tire on a 9in wheel. It fits but it is stretching. Which will reduce sidewall even further. At 245 would better suit the wheel. Hell a 255 would be sweet. It’s also new and *could settle* a little more with more miles. I agree it appears higher than previous model. But theirs new wheels, wider wheels, different tires being used. So it’s a lot that factored in.

This is most likely due to an optical illusion. Also they are using a 235 tire on a 9in wheel. It fits but it is stretching. Which will reduce sidewall even further. At 245 would better suit the wheel. Hell a 255 would be sweet. It’s also new and *could settle* a little more with more miles. I agree it appears higher than previous model. But theirs new wheels, wider wheels, different tires being used. So it’s a lot that factored in.

I hope so. Frankly that look in those pics looks like something I won't say here. May as well put bags on too. I ordered my M3P on October 28th and got the latest text 2-5 weeks out. No vin yet. If the wheel gap looks like that, I'm out.

For any Norwegians watching this thread.
Ship with most of the TM3P is expected to arrive Drammen on December 14th, with deliveries starting 2 days after arrival. They process cars in the order they're unloaded, so picking from existing inventory today you might get a car before somebody who ordered in October depending on where it's physically placed in the ship.
Initial inspection is done before they ship them to Norway, and when they arrive they are all prepped (probably stuff like changing to winter tires, going over details, et al.) which is why it takes ~2 days before delivery starts.
With your VIN they can see if the car has been unloaded or not, but they don't have a system to pick it out in a lot. Technically they could flash the lights and have somebody look for it, but they aren't gonna make a big interruption in the normal delivery process to cater for an individual's needs. They move a bunch of cars from the dock to the delivery center, as they can't have all of them there at once, so exact delivery time is handed out in batches.

I found this thread (and TMC) from Reddit.

I got my VIN yesterday for my M3P I ordered on 10/16.

Northern VA. Says delivery is between Dec 8 - Dec 14.

Also, been involved in a thread about that pic of the MSM Performance with the huge gaps. Stretching the tire over a rim that’s .5” wider only accounts for a quarter inch on each side of the midline. That would be imperceptible.

I lightened one of the images posted here and you can see shadows are at play - the real gap is quite small.

E1EFADA6-DC26-41E9-97C6-C27FD57C889A.jpeg