Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do people think is the best way to make the badges black
I have historically bought replacement new badges, then carefully prep/prime/sprayed/clear coated, etc. (yes it take effort but it comes out great and lasts - did it for my Focus RS and Audi RS3 and it was worth it. I usually do it in conjunction with the PPF process since they are going to de-badge for that anyway for a full wrap.

There’s a gallery of pics of a red one on Reddit. (Oregon delivery)

I noticed that the wide angle lens used (fisheye effect) definitely makes the wheel look bigger and stretched the gap on this front wheel shot vs the shot of the white car. Hopefully everyone can see what I’m talking about. Definitely need to see this in person!

View attachment 613672

The wheel gaps of these new rims/tires are terrible as someone feared when first 2021 Performance short videos were posted the other day. Not even close to official pictures from Tesla. What gives.... I am awaiting my delivert as well, if wheelgap looks like this I am very disapointed to say the least.

Reactions: c4Lvin
The wheel gaps of these new rims/tires are terrible as someone feared when first 2021 Performance short videos were posted the other day. Not even close to official pictures from Tesla. What gives.... I am awaiting my delivert as well, if wheelgap looks like this I am very disapointed to say the least.

Took the side profile image from the website and blew up brightness and contrast, and it looks similar IMO.
model3contrast.png

Reactions: CA4Fun
I signed up for this look; springs/shocks that look sporty on a performance model:

Tesla.png

If I end up with the wheel gap posted on the previous pages and the pictures below lifted from YouTube I will feel sad.

Should NOT have to buy aftermarket springs in order to get a sporty look on a Performance model.

I hope for more videos and pictures posted soon, but this makes me disappointed so far.

Front.png

Rear.png

There’s a gallery of pics of a red one on Reddit. (Oregon delivery)

I noticed that the wide angle lens used (fisheye effect) definitely makes the wheel look bigger and stretched the gap on this front wheel shot vs the shot of the white car. Hopefully everyone can see what I’m talking about. Definitely need to see this in person!

View attachment 613672

Oh that Red one got bigger gap than mine :eek:

I got a VIN today and text to schedule delivery; however, the sales Center in my city isn’t done construction yet. I could go to Calgary and get it as early as Friday but I don’t have winter tires yet so I’ll wait for the Saskatoon store to open up and I’ll take delivery there.

For real. These wheels gaps are a cause for concern. What is going on?!

Reactions: CA4Fun
Do you also keep a small handheld vacuum in your car? Shows EVERY single piece of dust, hair, specs, and dirt. Never ever again.

Nope. I wipe it once a week. Rarely see dust, hair or dirt on the seats. My car looks brand new inside and out.

And that wheel gap looks worse than my non performance 3 before I got it lowered!

I speculate that this is the case as well.

Well, maybe it's a blessing I ordered in October and don't have a VIN yet. I can wait until they have Perf Springs back in stock ;)

In all seriousness. If any NEW P owners could measure the distance from the center of the hub to the top of the inside fender we could internet investigate this scooby doo mystery.