Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post

In Rochester, NY.
Ordered White M3P, black interior w/ FSD on 10/27. Originally 5-9 weeks now showing 6-10 weeks.
Never received a text notifying me the VIN was assigned but it showed up in the my account yesterday @ 10AM and was insurable.
Still hoping for a December delivery.

You got a text saying 6-10 weeks or that is what is stated in your Manage page? Everyone else's gives a date range.

Got some info on my M3P this morning. Some of which may be helpful for my fellow Houstonians who have received a VIN, but not a delivery date.

My M3P was “born” on December the 5th. It is currently parked just north of the factory at the rail yard waiting to be loaded on to a train. Houston deliveries occur after the Dallas orders are off loaded. The Houston delivery center is currently expecting to receive my vehicle on Sunday December 20th. The service center is closed on Sundays, so the vehicles will not begin the inspection process until the following day, Monday the 21st. I was told I would most likely be able to take delivery as early as Monday the 21st, or a day or so after.

I was also told that the dates given can move back or forth a few days depending on how efficient or troublesome the shipping goes.

I ordered M3P Whi/Whi, FSD on 10/22. Received VIN on 12/6.

This thread is starting to make me nervous. If I don’t receive by Christmas, I may cancel and get another car.
Well I understand your fear. The time to get nervous isn’t here yet. I would say by next Wednesday - Sunday specially Saturday and Sunday I would be where you are now. I’m more so just a little upset as this is the first time * I have had a wait time this long for the performance trim of any Tesla.* also, theirs a lot of inventory LR Model 3 refreshes in all the color combos. And SR+ On the east coast and throughout the country. And that number seems to be growing a lot with each day. Even some of my T-friends are saying the same thing. Strange performance models are taking this long. But stay calm and wait another week then begin possibly considering canceling.

Got some info on my M3P this morning. Some of which may be helpful for my fellow Houstonians who have received a VIN, but not a delivery date.

My M3P was “born” on December the 5th. It is currently parked just north of the factory at the rail yard waiting to be loaded on to a train. Houston deliveries occur after the Dallas orders are off loaded. The Houston delivery center is currently expecting to receive my vehicle on Sunday December 20th. The service center is closed on Sundays, so the vehicles will not begin the inspection process until the following day, Monday the 21st. I was told I would most likely be able to take delivery as early as Monday the 21st, or a day or so after.

I was also told that the dates given can move back or forth a few days depending on how efficient or troublesome the shipping goes.

Nice we ordered the same day, same trim, and same configuration. And you got a vin. Congratulations! I would expect your car a little earlier than the 20th. Most. Centers will probably open for Sunday for deliveries. Well that’s what they have done in the pass. Not sure about Texas tho. Keep us posted. But this goes to show people why I said if you don’t get a vin by a certain day or your car just happened to be already moving to your DC, then the next 2 weeks, depending on where you are is critical.

Nice we ordered the same day, same trim, and same configuration. And you got a vin. Congratulations! I would expect your car a little earlier than the 20th. Most. Centers will probably open for Sunday for deliveries. Well that’s what they have done in the pass. Not sure about Texas tho. Keep us posted. But this goes to show people why I said if you don’t get a vin by a certain day or your car just happened to be already moving to your DC, then the next 2 weeks, depending on where you are is critical.
Yep… I’m hoping the time frame between me receiving the VIN and when the vehicle arrives in town helps others guestimate a little more accurately. –ish.

Reactions: Tholland

This is an awesome update. Congrats!!!

How did you obtain such a detailed status!?!?

Reactions: CA4Fun
I agree and that is what I hope happens. I just don’t want a repeated of people getting cars at 10pm to midnight like in the pass. That’s a huge YIKES for me.
This is what I don’t want either. I live 6 hours form my DC and will not be driving over there that late to take delivery of my car. I am honestly just chalking it up to delivery after the new year. I know we still have time, but from the updates I have heard from my SA, it doesn’t seem to promising. I even told them I am not set on my options and if they can find a car coming in with different color and interior I am fine as long as i can get the car before EOY......crickets haha

Reactions: Tholland
i must say... watching that 5-8 week estimate turn into an 8-11 week wait has been very frustrating while watching those with lower trims get theirs delivered. It might just be me but it just seems so backwards for a company to prioritize those spending the least... Am i thinking of this in the wrong way?

This is what I don’t want either. I live 6 hours form my DC and will not be driving over there that late to take delivery of my car. I am honestly just chalking it up to delivery after the new year. I know we still have time, but from the updates I have heard from my SA, it doesn’t seem to promising. I even told them I am not set on my options and if they can find a car coming in with different color and interior I am fine as long as i can get the car before EOY......crickets haha
I live in a very Tesla-heavy area, but our delivery center is pretty tiny. Last year, I sat in a small room with dozens of other people for over an hour while they sorted out some details with the car. The entire process ended up taking several hours. Not ideal, especially given the fact that there is an airborne pandemic lol.

i must say... watching that 5-8 week estimate turn into an 8-11 week wait has been very frustrating while watching those with lower trims get theirs delivered. It might just be me but it just seems so backwards for a company to prioritize those spending the least... Am i thinking of this in the wrong way?
I can see why they do it, but I don't like it.

What time did your vin arrive? Ever since your message today I kept checking through out the day. Still nothing. Ordered 10/17 also Serramonte delivery for me.

First indication of a VIN was a text at 11:42am saying its ready to be scheduled for delivery. Within 1-minute after that, before I had a chance to read it, a delivery appointment text went out. Later I went to the My Account page and the vin was there.

I been on the outside looking in since last quarter. I put my order in at the end or SEP and had some unforeseen events that have taken me overseas. This made me push my order to next quarter unfortunately. From what I have seen, this is how Tesla does business. The closer you are to the factory and the higher the trim... the later in the quarter you will get your car. So for everyone in Cali waiting for a M3P you will be last. Look back at last quarter's M3P thread and you will see. This biggest issue I saw in that thread was the last min rush to get the cars out by quarter end regardless of QA issues. I hope all works out for everyone here and look forward to seeing all the pics.

Reactions: CA4Fun and adregia

Inspections do take place on Sundays at the Houston service center. I was scheduled to pick up my LR this past Sunday (had three confirmations of this on Saturday). A few hours before I got a call that they found a non-functioning speaker during inspection. I've been in Tesla limbo since. Nobody has any information. They say they will get back to me and nobody does.

I been on the outside looking in since last quarter. I put my order in at the end or SEP and had some unforeseen events that have taken me overseas. This made me push my order to next quarter unfortunately. From what I have seen, this is how Tesla does business. The closer you are to the factory and the higher the trim... the later in the quarter you will get your car. So for everyone in Cali waiting for a M3P you will be last. Look back at last quarter's M3P thread and you will see. This biggest issue I saw in that thread was the last min rush to get the cars out by quarter end regardless of QA issues. I hope all works out for everyone here and look forward to seeing all the pics.
Yeah, it's kind of absurd. I also went digging through the old waiting room thread and found that many people who ordered in mid October did not receive their car until as late as the 28th of December.

Yeah, it's kind of absurd. I also went digging through the old waiting room thread and found that many people who ordered in mid October did not receive their car until as late as the 28th of December.
yes in cali its very last min. thats for sure. normally the highest trim with FSD and east to west is normally how it went. that way the cars would be delivered around the same time. just like the first month of the quarter is for overseas cars as they have a long lead time to get across earth lol.