Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call me a pessimist, but I just don’t believe it. Specifically, the last part.
So... As I understand this, they're scrambling to fill orders before the end of the year within a 3 week timeframe and confident that can be accomplished, including orders new today?!?! So, they have the capacity to build vehicles at a pretty strong clip?

For all of us that ordered months ago, what the hell have they been doing up until this point?!?!!?

Thinking this through a little more; is this the equivalent of a college kid having 3 months to research, build and rehearse a final presentation and then waiting until the night before to start - 'hold my beer, I've got this'

Last edited:
So... As I understand this, they're scrambling to fill orders before the end of the year within a 3 week timeframe and confident that can be accomplished, including orders new today?!?! So, they have the capacity to build vehicles at a pretty strong clip?

For all of us that ordered months ago, what the hell have they been doing up until this point?!?!!?
I guess it must be a sprint; they can't sustain this level of production indefinitely, but can do it for a couple of weeks if it means hitting a quarterly record.

12/14 update - Still waiting for a call from my SA to schedule delivery. Was told to expect a call today and delivery 12/17
Also, has anybody weighed the new M3P wheels yet?
I saw 54.8# w tires and wheels.

Attachments

• C2368279-5AA2-4B4F-9CCB-F15825D7B35B.jpeg
    C2368279-5AA2-4B4F-9CCB-F15825D7B35B.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 65
Picking mine M3P tomorrow morning. My first car with car with explicitly summer performance tires and I live in Toronto.

Was thinking it would be ok to drive around on for a bit until my winter tires show up, but after reading some of these comments, I think I'm just going to park it until the winter tires are on it: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotor...ng_on_summer_tires_below_40f_for_a_few_weeks/

Don't want to run off the road in a brand new car because I couldn't wait a couple days.

Reactions: katbc
Picking mine M3P tomorrow morning. My first car with car with explicitly summer performance tires and I live in Toronto.

Was thinking it would be ok to drive around on for a bit until my winter tires show up, but after reading some of these comments, I think I'm just going to park it until the winter tires are on it: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotor...ng_on_summer_tires_below_40f_for_a_few_weeks/

Don't want to run off the road in a brand new car because I couldn't wait a couple days.
Very wise choice