Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious, anyone in the pacific NW(ie-Seattle and Portland are) get their VIN yet?...I ordered on 10/22/20 and i have nothing.

Will say, these things are annoying just like dealing with the service and parts dept, but if you've been a longterm shareholder in TSLA, you can deal with just about anything without complaining too much...:).

Reactions: katbc
Curious, anyone in the pacific NW(ie-Seattle and Portland are) get their VIN yet?...I ordered on 10/22/20 and i have nothing.

Will say, these things are annoying just like dealing with the service and parts dept, but if you've been a longterm shareholder in TSLA, you can deal with just about anything without complaining too much...:).
I feel your pain. I'm in the Seattle area, nothing yet from Tesla or the SA in Renton, WA. Ordered on 10/23 and have nothing as well.

I am picking up from Portland and no VIN for my order placed on 10/14. My SA says that he is seeing LR orders being fulfilled, but hardly any P's in the PNW so far. He maintains that I will receive my car before the end of the year.

Reactions: CA4Fun
I am picking up from Portland and no VIN for my order placed on 10/14. My SA says that he is seeing LR orders being fulfilled, but hardly any P's in the PNW so far. He maintains that I will receive my car before the end of the year.

"He maintains that I will receive my car before the end of the year."

You have to wonder if when they deliver that message, they themselves believe it or not...LOL..

Picturing a sweaty SA, yeah, yeah... no, for sure you'll get your car. Hanging up... "there's no way"

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
So, so nice... The experience was so simple, almost zero involvement with anyone (likely because I am in Michigan). But, car is very nice.

You have to wonder if when they deliver that message, they themselves believe it or not...LOL..

Picturing a sweaty SA, yeah, yeah... no, for sure you'll get your car. Hanging up... "there's no way"
100000000000000000000000000000% how that went..... I dont have a doubt in my mind.... at all. I totally agree with this. our SA has been responsive . we got the email that he finally found out that the P models will be the very last batch to come out of the factory. so most likely a lot of us will not get our car before the end of the year.

Reactions: CA4Fun

True story - I went to this restaurant that does mongolian hotpot on a Friday night (before COVID). There was a pretty long line, so I asked the hostess: "How long is the wait?" "Twenty five minutes.", she replied.

So, I'm sitting there waiting as more people show up and join the line. 4 groups and about an hour later, I'm still waiting in line and another couple walks in and up to the hostess. "How long is the wait?" "Twenty five minutes.", she replied.

I'll just leave this at that :p

Pickup went very quick. I think start to finish it was 10 minutes, even with a minor hiccup in the downpayment value.

A lot of Y's and 3's in the Lawrence delivery center in Toronto, and probably 80% were white.

Spent about half an hour going over it. No major issues, but just noticed the passenger side rear door doesn't close perfectly and requires a slight push. I'm sure mobile service can adjust it.

It is extremely fast. Like, I wasn't sitting right and pulled something in my back when I floored it.

Now it will stay parked until Tesla can get the winters on it.

car.jpg

Couple things about the car in general:

- First the right pillar camera, then the left pilar camera went out after I picked it up. Turns out might just be condensation in the housing? But they seem ok now after calibration has completed and I've gone out a couple times.
- The white seats really show any lint or dirt, and my jeans already rubbed off on them. But a Lysol wipe cleaned up everything nicely.
- Sub-trunk is awesome for hiding all the car accessories.
- After watching the FSD videos, really wish I had that already. Even if it's not perfect, it doesn't seem to hug the line as much as this version.
- Love the 20" rims, but they do come close to looking ridiculously huge on this car. Still good though.
- Wish the headlights were mobile
- UI does seem just a bit sluggish at times. Need to step up that SoC or whatever they have in there.

Last edited: