Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up yesterday. Tinted today. 20% all around 50% on the windshield
20201216_121957.jpg

Congrats on all the VINs news! Alas, the curse of living 15 minutes from the Fremont factory continues. Ordered 11/4. Nothing happening. Today is 6 weeks on the dot in my 6-8 weeks window. We shall see... I am really worried about QC.

As you all take delivery can you please update on the QC front? Including not having issues, which is great if it happens that way. But a rush to quarter end is a rush to quarter end. So we will see.

Reactions: Marcavelli650
Congrats on all the VINs news! Alas, the curse of living 15 minutes from the Fremont factory continues. Ordered 11/4. Nothing happening. Today is 6 weeks on the dot in my 6-8 weeks window. We shall see... I am really worried about QC.

As you all take delivery can you please update on the QC front? Including not having issues, which is great if it happens that way. But a rush to quarter end is a rush to quarter end. So we will see.

I am in the same boat as you. Updated to 2021 10/26, no VIN no estimate online.

I am about 30 minutes from Fremont

received 2 text in November , one changing delivery location to Dublin.

2nd text 11/19 saying car will be read 4-6 weeks from this notification.

SA told me before Xmas , but I doubt it , I got a feeling going to be end of month. I think I am going to take deliver Jan 2nd just so it doesn’t count for Q4...lol

• Funny
Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
That's awesome! Congrats. Same car ordered 11/19 nothing yet....do you get a text when there is a vin or need to go into the account?

it showed up in my account this AM. It wasn’t there the previous 25 checks.... (that I did yesterday). I texted (and emailed) my SA today and was given an appointment for this Sunday (12/20) at 5pm.

Anyway, for people losing hope, my dates changed about a dozen times and began to seem randomly generated. I was worried about ten days of transit time to TN and was thinking I might get a Jan or March delivery. Then low and behold my VIN came in today (ordered 11/24) with just 4 days between VIN and Nashvile delivery.

Thus, it appears cars are already in transit before we get our VINs. Things could definitely be run better, but I am willing to cut them some slack due to being in the middle of a pandemic and all.

Last edited:
Reactions: royinla and CA4Fun
I am in the same boat as you. Updated to 2021 10/26, no VIN no estimate online.

I am about 30 minutes from Fremont

received 2 text in November , one changing delivery location to Dublin.

2nd text 11/19 saying car will be read 4-6 weeks from this notification.

SA told me before Xmas , but I doubt it , I got a feeling going to be end of month. I think I am going to take deliver Jan 2nd just so it doesn’t count for Q4...lol
Yeah but then you don't get free supercharging for a year.

is the "ORDER DATE" from the time you put in $100 or when you complete financing? I didn't complete the financing until 24-36 hours after I placed the order.
your order date is when you placed your order (paid the 100) however if you dont complete your account that holds up the process. granted your order date still stands.

Reactions: c4Lvin
Hmmm OK i just checked the MVOA and do state that it is on 12/08. No updates yet since I don't expect anything til next week. Agent still hasn't gotten back to me.
with you being in cali, I have no doubt you will get a car with the time left in the year. the bigger concern is for people that are 1000+ miles away and the east side of the country. thats a big difference. I believe your vin to delivery will be rapid. almost same day lol