Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be pretty pissed as well. I am hoping nothing like that happens. They already reevaluated my trade after the first month and it dropped by $400. So I am hoping that is where it stays since my SA said they are keeping the values until EOY.
same convo over here... the trades are solid until the end of the year. and the miles allowance is now 2k I think

Reactions: yellow05gt
Can the fortunate guys that have their VIN already show me what it says here (since I don't have a VIN yet):

Next Steps
We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Thats what mine says and I have a VIN.

@Tholland my ETA pushed up a day to 12/25-31. I’m hopeful that maybe we can get ours before Christmas. That would be wonderful.

Reactions: c4Lvin
Anyone on the East Coast order prior to Dec 8 and still not have a VIN? Chances of seeing a vehicle in 2020 have to be significantly reduced at this point given the transportation logistics.

I still dont have a vin ordered 11/30. As I had mentioned before I reached out to my SA and he was pretty honest and was able to see where I was in the queue. Build scheduled for 12/25 and delivery scheduled for 1/6. He was able to see that in the computer system. May be worth reaching out to your SA.

I have given up hope for delivery before Christmas

Being in Las Vegas, they are likely to hold back till close to the end of the year - they are clearly prioritizing the more distal deliveries to maximize their 2020 delivery numbers

Ordered 11/7, M3P Blue on Black

Delivery Estimate: 6-8 weeks from order date

I still dont have a vin ordered 11/30. As I had mentioned before I reached out to my SA and he was pretty honest and was able to see where I was in the queue. Build scheduled for 12/25 and delivery scheduled for 1/6. He was able to see that in the computer system. May be worth reaching out to your SA.

Thanks. I’ll reach out and see what info he may be able to share. Based on this long thread I’m a bit skeptical in what any of the SA’s tell us, but maybe it’ll be better than no info at all!

Thats what mine says and I have a VIN.

@Tholland my ETA pushed up a day to 12/25-31. I’m hopeful that maybe we can get ours before Christmas. That would be wonderful.
mine moved up 2 days. im now 24-30th. yours mine and my friends at (tesla employee) are probably on the same truck coming. or at least leaving the same day. ours cars haven't been assigned a truck yet. probably by today or tomorrow and it will be on its way. also found out that my car was actually made in morning on 12/16. so its safe to say @SpringfieldM3P yours was built at the same time as well.

Reactions: SpringfieldM3P
Received my VIN on 12/13. Delivery dates currently show 12/27-12/31. I tried calling my SA last few days with no luck and he has been responsive up to this point. Called the Service Center and my SA is out for 2 weeks due to an injury. The SA I spoke to checked my order and it is set to arrive in Cleveland on the 30th with a delivery on the 31st. The SA said they are receiving all of their end of year cars on the 30th. That’s a lot of rushing to clean and prep these cars.

I was trying to avoid the end of the year rush and now I’m stuck on the last day of the quarter and last day of the year where they are rushing to make their numbers. I hope the quality control is there when I go to pick it up. I’m not super picky but do have certain expectations. I am all right refusing delivery as I have waited this long what’s a few more months.

Ordered 10/12 MSM black interior

• Helpful
Reactions: geekflyer
What was your original delivery time frame?

its been all over the map in the last 18 days.
12/14-12/31
12/13-12/26
12/14-12/26
12/14-12/31
2-5 weeks from order
12/14-12/31
2-6 weeks from order
12/14-12/31
2-5 weeks from order

I ordered White with White and FSD. There was a demo in New York and DC that fit that build. No idea why they would send a demo within a few hundred miles of me and not vin match me the car. It is what it is. My winter wheels haven't been shipped yet (tsportline) and haven't heard of a projected ship date on them. I am in no rush now. We got 18 inches of snow here today. Also the charger has yet to be installed in the garage since I need to upgrade my panel. That is scheduled for after the holiday.

mine moved up 2 days. im now 24-30th. yours mine and my friends at (tesla employee) are probably on the same truck coming. or at least leaving the same day. ours cars haven't been assigned a truck yet. probably by today or tomorrow and it will be on its way. also found out that my car was actually made in morning on 12/16. so its safe to say @SpringfieldM3P yours was built at the same time as well.

I think I recall you saying they rode a train to Chicago and then a truck from there to mid Atlantic. I think?

So you’re saying that our cars are in Chi, waiting for a truck to us? Or they’re still in Cali?

its been all over the map in the last 18 days.
12/14-12/31
12/13-12/26
12/14-12/26
12/14-12/31
2-5 weeks from order
12/14-12/31
2-6 weeks from order
12/14-12/31
2-5 weeks from order

I ordered White with White and FSD. There was a demo in New York and DC that fit that build. No idea why they would send a demo within a few hundred miles of me and not vin match me the car. It is what it is. My winter wheels haven't been shipped yet (tsportline) and haven't heard of a projected ship date on them. I am in no rush now. We got 18 inches of snow here today. Also the charger has yet to be installed in the garage since I need to upgrade my panel. That is scheduled for after the holiday.
Stay warm!

Reactions: Runduck
I have given up hope for delivery before Christmas

Being in Las Vegas, they are likely to hold back till close to the end of the year - they are clearly prioritizing the more distal deliveries to maximize their 2020 delivery numbers

Ordered 11/7, M3P Blue on Black

Delivery Estimate: 6-8 weeks from order date

I have done the same. Living 20 minutes from Fremont, I’m certain it will be last week of December delivery. Already made plans to go out of town next week.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro