Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone going to wait for the new headlights? I’m thinking at this point, I might as well wait.

I don’t think anyone knows when those will be here. They’re starting in Europe. The article I read said ‘by 1Q 21’ but I don’t think that’s right, because that means they should be cranking them out now as the deadline would only be 2 weeks away. I’m thinking they meant by the end of 1Q which means it could be up to 3.5 months from now.

Texted my SA for an update.

He confirmed my car was still in CA, but is 'scheduled' to arrive 12/28 in MN. I suspect I'll be signing my paperwork as the ball drops 12/31 - 11:59pm.

Lets take a poll.

If I take delivery before 2021 I'm rewarded with Free Supercharging for 12 months
OR
If I wait until 2021, what are the odds a new EV credit is made available during the 2021 calendar year?!?!?

It's like lets make a deal with Musky Hall

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Texted my SA for an update.

He confirmed my car was still in CA, but is 'scheduled' to arrive 12/28 in MN. I suspect I'll be signing my paperwork as the ball drops 12/31 - 11:59pm.

Lets take a poll.

If I take delivery before 2021 I'm rewarded with Free Supercharging for 12 months
OR
If I wait until 2021, what are the odds a new EV credit is made available during the 2021 calendar year?!?!?

It's like lets make a deal with Musky Hall

So I spoke with my service advisor about that yesterday, as well. Apparently he's got a great deal of seniority and someone else at Tesla refer to him as a "tenured" guy.

When I asked him if I wasn't able to get it by the end of the year simply because they weren't able to produce the car through no fault of my own, "what are the chances that I would get the year self-charging?"

"Full transparency," he said, "none."

Take that for whatever it's worth to you.

Also you’ll constantly be waiting for new stuff to appear. If it’s headlights next quarter, it’ll be updated window switches the next. (I don’t know of window switches. Just using that as an example)
Can't agree with you more. I think this refreshed model had a good amount of improvements without any extra costs. Headlights I don't really care if I had the latest. They are just lights to me (IMO). And most of the time I drive in the daytime. Now if there was an entire front or rear end aesthetically that would be something to consider.

Time to leave the waiting room! After two months and two days, I took delivery this morning of a MSM w/black interior at the Charlotte SC. Process was fantastic and very easy. In and out in about 60 mins total. Car was in great shape and only one small defect noted (picture below). The weather stripping around the rear passenger door was crinkled a bit. They weren't able to adjust today, but I made an appointment for them to fix. All panel gaps were all even and door alignment was great. Also, in my 60 mins there, three full car carrier trucks came and dropped off cars. There was hardly any place to park. Expecting 50-60 deliveries a day. Just insane. First Tesla and I couldn't be more happy. Good luck to everyone still waiting! It'll be worth it!
IMG_0351.jpg
IMG_0355.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg

Time to leave the waiting room! After two months and two days, I took delivery this morning of a MSM w/black interior at the Charlotte SC. Process was fantastic and very easy. In and out in about 60 mins total. Car was in great shape and only one small defect noted (picture below). The weather stripping around the rear passenger door was crinkled a bit. They weren't able to adjust today, but I made an appointment for them to fix. All panel gaps were all even and door alignment was great. Also, in my 60 mins there, three full car carrier trucks came and dropped off cars. There was hardly any place to park. Expecting 50-60 deliveries a day. Just insane. First Tesla and I couldn't be more happy. Good luck to everyone still waiting! It'll be worth it!View attachment 618860 View attachment 618863 View attachment 618862

My exact build, was supposed to pick up mine today in Raleigh, NC but something happened and they were forced to delay till next week. Looks great enjoy!

10/22-Order placed Whi/Whi FSD Houston delivery

12/06-Vin received

12/12-Recvd text with link to schedule delivery. Scheduled for 12/23@10am.

12/13-Account page randomly changed delivery to Sunday 12/20@5am.

12/15-Contact made with SA who says “12/20@5am is error, but vehicle is expected to arrive on that date. Someone will contact me to schedule, most likely for Monday the 21st.”

12/17-Account page randomly changes delivery to 12/20@4pm.

As of this post, no contact from a live person or otherwise. I assume I will be getting my new toy soon, but who knows for sure. We shall see.
Good luck to everyone!

Time to leave the waiting room! After two months and two days, I took delivery this morning of a MSM w/black interior at the Charlotte SC. Process was fantastic and very easy. In and out in about 60 mins total. Car was in great shape and only one small defect noted (picture below). The weather stripping around the rear passenger door was crinkled a bit. They weren't able to adjust today, but I made an appointment for them to fix. All panel gaps were all even and door alignment was great. Also, in my 60 mins there, three full car carrier trucks came and dropped off cars. There was hardly any place to park. Expecting 50-60 deliveries a day. Just insane. First Tesla and I couldn't be more happy. Good luck to everyone still waiting! It'll be worth it!View attachment 618860 View attachment 618863 View attachment 618862

Congrats. Looks fire!

Exact same spec here, looks great. Can’t wait to collect mine now.
Still trying to decide wether to do stealth or Xpel ultimate. The MSM does look great glossy. It’s a tough call.

So although I'm scheduled to take delivery tomorrow morning, the car has not moved from its spot in LA (it's a demo). When I asked the rep if it'll be at the delivery center, inspected, and cleaned before tomorrow morning, he confidently said yes.

We'll see. I don't want to place payment before all the pieces are in place.
Lol, just got a call from Tesla, indicating that the car has just been assigned a truck to come down today (I got assigned a VIN on Tuesday), Saturday was supposed to be tentative with high likelihood of an earlier delivery, and now the car might not even be ready tomorrow morning because they have to inspect and clean it, and if it doesn't arrive before tonight, then obviously that ain't happening.

It's a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, but nothing surprises me anymore :rolleyes:

Reactions: c4Lvin
10/22-Order placed Whi/Whi FSD Houston delivery

12/06-Vin received

12/12-Recvd text with link to schedule delivery. Scheduled for 12/23@10am.

12/13-Account page randomly changed delivery to Sunday 12/20@5am.

12/15-Contact made with SA who says “12/20@5am is error, but vehicle is expected to arrive on that date. Someone will contact me to schedule, most likely for Monday the 21st.”

12/17-Account page randomly changes delivery to 12/20@4pm.

As of this post, no contact from a live person or otherwise. I assume I will be getting my new toy soon, but who knows for sure. We shall see.
Good luck to everyone!
New**
12/18-Just received a text advising my scheduled delivery has “unfortunately” been moved back because my car has not “landed” in Houston yet. I checked my account page and my new scheduled delivery is set for Tue 12/22@4pm.
Better than 12/23, but we shall see. TBC I’m sure....

just schedule our delivery for the 29th at 11am at Rockville, MD. @SpringfieldM3P car is leaving Cail now. not sure if you you got a delivery text yet.

Was that the earliest date available for you? Did you get a text or did you have to call in to prompt them to send you one?

I haven’t gotten a text yet but my next steps changed, I think...
“Next Steps
  • We will contact you to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery.
  • Prepare to drive and charge your Tesla by completing the Meet Your Tesla overview