Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn dude! I guess that 10/17 was a for real black hole/curse day. I’m speechless. That sucks so bad. No words....

That's strange. I got my vin after the both of you i think (but ordered on 10/16). I was able to schedule a delivery appt yesterday afternoon for 12/29. On the calendar, only 2 dates were available for me - 12/28 or 12/29. My loan has been funded and I paid the remaining balance on it on 12/16. Still waiting on new insurance ID card though. When it was time to schedule delivery, I received both a text & email. Hope this helps somewhat, good luck.

Hi guys, 1st post!

San Diego here.

I am in the same boat as everyone else as far as no VIN
White/Black M3P
Ordered 10/9
Original estimate of Nov13-Dec11
1st change: Dec16-Dec30
2nd change: Dec14-Dec24
3rd change: Dec17-Dec25
4th change: Dec18-Dec31

Salesman said he put me on a "priority list" but I don't know if that does anything...
Just wanted to post that if anyone else in the San Diego area has the same situation, you are not alone.
Good luck everyone! We ALL need it!

Hey guys! I ordered my m3p 11/20. I live in Los Angeles. My portal initially said 4-6 weeks when ordered and now displays 12/20-12/31 as expected delivery. Still no VIN or contact regarding a firm delivery date.

do any of you know when LA will be receiving there next batch of cars?

I haven’t had a service advisor reach out to me since my order but have all steps completed in my portal.

thanks!

I ordered a day before you and same delivery window with no vin still.

Would anyone be able to help with a slightly off topic question but relating to my new car.

2021 M3p collecting on Monday. Having full stealth Xpel installed. They’ve made me aware that there will be a visible seam in the corners of the bumper which I knew because I had full front on my last model 3, but they also said it would be on the trunk lid at the edge of the spoiler?

does anyone have a snap or has encountered this? Seems like a reputable place that do a lot of Tesla’s.

excited to collect the car Monday.

Received the text today to schedule delivery. Only had the 31st as an option and had the entire day open to select a time. Hopefully all goes well with delivery.

10/12 ordered Ohio. MSM black interior
12/15 VIN received
12/31 delivery day

It’s going to be an anxious 13 days to wait. Hopefully the weather holds out.

That's strange. I got my vin after the both of you i think (but ordered on 10/16). I was able to schedule a delivery appt yesterday afternoon for 12/29. On the calendar, only 2 dates were available for me - 12/28 or 12/29. My loan has been funded and I paid the remaining balance on it on 12/16. Still waiting on new insurance ID card though. When it was time to schedule delivery, I received both a text & email. Hope this helps somewhat, good luck.

10/17 victim checking in. I still have nothing, but promises. The curse is real.

Would anyone be able to help with a slightly off topic question but relating to my new car.

2021 M3p collecting on Monday. Having full stealth Xpel installed. They’ve made me aware that there will be a visible seam in the corners of the bumper which I knew because I had full front on my last model 3, but they also said it would be on the trunk lid at the edge of the spoiler?

does anyone have a snap or has encountered this? Seems like a reputable place that do a lot of Tesla’s.

excited to collect the car Monday.
Sounds like they are going to wrap around things vs taking the parts off. My car will wrapped with stealth immediately after delivery. And all parts that can be removed are removed. Such as: spoiler, badging, license plate etc. I’ve seen some lift the trim a little and then tuck it in. I’m not sure if that helps. I know my model Y has one visible seam. Only if you’re looking for it. And that where the paint on the front bumper meets with plastic lower airflow grill. But that’s it for seams on my cars.

Last edited:
Still no VIN and no dates but as of today I am being told to expect the car before the end of the year.

Somewhat off-topic: I am self-financing through my credit union and they want a copy of the Certificate of Origin before funding the loan. Tesla states that they are unable to provide anything until there is a VIN, which makes sense. Has anyone else had experience getting a copy of the Certificate of Origin prior to taking delivery?

Anyone know where these are going from 210E towards Rancho Cucamonga/Fontana?
Not a single M3 or Performance Model.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 60
@Tholland

Got my delivery text a few minutes ago. Scheduled for Wednesday 30th in Tysons. What are the chances they move up the delivery date? I’d love to get it the weekend before if possible.
It will all depend on how fast the truck/train gets it there and also their availability of appointments. For me I had a scheduled DD of 23rd and when I got notification the car was at my DC I could change my date to an earlier appt

I received some terrible news. I'm sorry for possibly ruining your day/weekend.

I ordered a Black/Black Model 3 Performance end of October (around 25th).

Like many others, my delivery times changed close to 10 times since then. I check the portal at least twice a day. My earliest window was end of November and I scrambled to get a charger installed at that time.

My delivery window changed 3 times this week. Yesterday was "5-9 weeks from order" and this morning it was Dec 18-23. I was very happy.

I've been trying to get some information from my SA about why the delivery window keeps moving around. Today (after waiting a week for a reply), I was informed from my SA there will be no more Model 3 Performance built until March at the earliest! The portal STILL says Dec 18-23 right now.

Needless to say I'm very upset. I can't wait until April-May-June? to get my car. I had to wait three hours to cool off enough to write something. I'm seeing what I can do get my money back and reimbursed for the electrical work, wall connector, etc... Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Sorry again. But, I had to share the pain.

I ordered 10/20. Model 3 Perf (White/Black)

Spoke to Seattle SA today, my car is in firm production with a deliver est date of 12/28. So while my dates are showing as 12/18 to 12/23 again at least it implies they are indeed still making Model 3 Performances on one of the many production lines in Fremont. However even if it was not made and delivered by 12/31 the adverse publicity in pushing deliveries out as far you you proposed seems highly unlikely.

@Tholland

Got my delivery text a few minutes ago. Scheduled for Wednesday 30th in Tysons. What are the chances they move up the delivery date? I’d love to get it the weekend before if possible.
Pretty much depends on when it arrives! If it comes early, they will try to move it up. You will know when it arrives. My is the day before. But I was told most likely it will be moved up.