Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks for the update. I lost my dates early this morning...no vin no date currently (was 26-31 prior)

I’d check again mid day or so. Last time mine disappeared it was gone for the whole day but was back again in the morning. It was more optimistic than my prior estimates. But then slipped over the next few days. In the end, no significant deviation from the original estimate.

I’d check again mid day or so. Last time mine disappeared it was gone for the whole day but was back again in the morning. It was more optimistic than my prior estimates. But then slipped over the next few days. In the end, no significant deviation from the original estimate.

lost dates again this morning too. Was 12/29-12/31. Ordered 10/19, Bay Area red black fsd, no vin obviously

Last edited:
We are no VIN/same date change twins.

Interesting... maybe if we take the distance between us, divide by 2, and plot in on a map... we’ll calculate an arc, within which they’re doing pickups today!

Pulling up Google maps... looks like... Fresno!

/so bored, now inventing conspiracy theories... worked on the Da Vinci Code...
/dons tin foil hat... not just stylish, also blocks mind control rays

• Funny
Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
Got the email this morning....VIN 876xxx...ordered on 10/22...white/blk with FSD...est is still 12/26-12/31...two questions for you guys.
1. after getting VIN, how long does it usually take before car arrives...does this mean car has been made and waiting for delivery to my locale?
2. why are they asking for payment now before I even see the car??...when i bought my last 2018 LR model 3 I didnt pay until i picked up the car and even then I refused to pay until i inspected the car first.
Congrats! We have identical builds, i ordered 10/20 up here in Seattle. Hopefully I get a VIN soon, I am in the missing date range crowd again as if this morning.

True, what I actually meant was why would someone purchase a Tesla if they are considered low-income. Even with all the combined rebates and grants they qualify for due to their low-income status, how is this a wise financial decision?

I’m not hating, just genuinely curious!

Just wanted to chime since I’ve seen a lot of people say the same: the income that is required is based off of your box 1 reported gross income. I was approved and am waiting on delivery still. So, because someone can qualify doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t afford it, a few examples could be:

a) Someone who has a lot of pretax contributions that reduces their reported gross (i.e. 457b contributions, pretaxed health premiums, pretax pension obligations, FSA, etc.). They could already own their house, have a decent amount in savings, and probably have the disposable income they’re comfortable with putting aside for a new car.

b) a retiree that doesn’t necessarily withdrawal a large sum of their retirement funds to pass the low income threshold but more than likely already own their home and have the extra money to play with. They could also already have a large savings as well or enough saved to make it doable without much other obligations.

c) the most wild story I’ve heard: someone that sold their company in 2018, didn’t work for all of 2019 (so reported income was nothing) got a job at Tesla later and then bought a Tesla. So they qualified for the grant and the higher rebate amounts for every program. Person ended up with $19,800(+) in incentives plus free full self driving, lol.

Finally got my VIN and delivery scheduled for 12/28 from the Burbank, CA location. Went to sleep around 2am, no update, woke up about 30 minutes ago to the text message asking me to schedule my appointment. Was also able to finally purchase the Tesla auto insurance, got a quote for $185 which seems reasonable.

The $1,500 CA Clean Fuel Reward was finally applied to my account and deducted from my amount due.

The question now is, how am I supposed to sleep between now and Monday?

Finally got my VIN and delivery scheduled for 12/28 from the Burbank, CA location. Went to sleep around 2am, no update, woke up about 30 minutes ago to the text message asking me to schedule my appointment. Was also able to finally purchase the Tesla auto insurance, got a quote for $185 which seems reasonable.

The $1,500 CA Clean Fuel Reward was finally applied to my account and deducted from my amount due.

The question now is, how am I supposed to sleep between now and Monday?
Keep forgetting when did you order? Hopefully get mine too! Probably same day/same location as you!