Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. Zero communication from Tesla. I could try to call the delivery center.. have you made any calls?

edit: just to be clear, no VIN or delivery timeframe on my account.

Haven’t made any calls to a DC. One of my closest friends is my “SA” and he doesn’t know why it’s not showing anything and that it’s occurring systemwide. He looked at all cars across California and sees nothing now. He’s not sure why the factory is holding all performance cars from being produced and said not to worry because he’ll try to figure it out today.

Also, some potential good news for people who might have to wait until March: there’s a rumor going around from the factory that they’ll begin putting in the heated steering wheel for builds beginning the third/fourth week of January. So that kind of confirms it isn’t in place already (to me), but again, just a rumor.

• Love
Reactions: Avn1284
May sound counterproductive, but the best service I got was when I called the show room and spoke to some random person who WASN'T my assigned SA.

me too! I called the delivery center and spoke to someone very competent. She gave me the lowdown: I was VIN matched but for some reason unknown to her I was unmatched. She said it could have been a service issue. The LA area is basically out of Model 3 performance cars. There are none to be had. I did ask if they had more trucks coming today and she said yes. If there is a car that matches my config, then I should be instantly matched. I also asked that if other colors combos (non red/black) were to become available to give me a call. She said she’d keep on the lookout.

Haven’t made any calls to a DC. One of my closest friends is my “SA” and he doesn’t know why it’s not showing anything and that it’s occurring systemwide. He looked at all cars across California and sees nothing now. He’s not sure why the factory is holding all performance cars from being produced and said not to worry because he’ll try to figure it out today.

Also, some potential good news for people who might have to wait until March: there’s a rumor going around from the factory that they’ll begin putting in the heated steering wheel for builds beginning the third/fourth week of January. So that kind of confirms it isn’t in place already (to me), but again, just a rumor.

Good info. Thanks for posting.

On the lot. Going to pickup my blue/black M3P in two hours and noticed it has the same issue as a few others have reported. The passenger side fender sticks out at the top. Has anyone gotten this fixed yet?

It’s not as bad as one I saw delivered near Boulder. Definitely getting this in writing to be fixed. Everything else looks good so far.

Attachments

• B23FB0B1-8DED-4326-A770-704C2A294B87.jpeg
    B23FB0B1-8DED-4326-A770-704C2A294B87.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 8C87C0ED-1DBF-4149-A552-DBB4507236D8.jpeg
    8C87C0ED-1DBF-4149-A552-DBB4507236D8.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 95
On the lot. Going to pickup my blue/black M3P in two hours and noticed it has the same issue as a few others have reported. The passenger side fender sticks out at the top. Has anyone gotten this fixed yet?

It’s not as bad as one I saw delivered near Boulder. Definitely getting this in writing to be fixed. Everything else looks good so far.
All of the

It’s not as bad as one I saw delivered near Boulder. Definitely getting this in writing to be fixed. Everything else looks good so far.[/Q
Awesome and congrats!!! Way to sneak in under the wire. :)
i know. Tell me about it was close

Pics cause it happened. Got the new headlights I think. No real flaws that I could bring up. Maybe a slight spot on the front bumper that won’t be noticeable as I drive it more. The trunk may have a slight gap. Nothing worth worrying about.

Attachments

• 423D2131-E239-4021-BA81-649FB4060DF8.jpeg
    423D2131-E239-4021-BA81-649FB4060DF8.jpeg
    404.1 KB · Views: 92
  • F7D5397B-2210-445E-A8B5-B2A15CD2D60E.jpeg
    F7D5397B-2210-445E-A8B5-B2A15CD2D60E.jpeg
    544.4 KB · Views: 98
Nope. Zero communication from Tesla. I could try to call the delivery center.. have you made any calls?

edit: just to be clear, no VIN or delivery timeframe on my account.
As I posted yesterday, delivery instructions said my date on my account might go away on delivery day, it did. VIN has stayed. Waiting now to find out (a) exactly where it is and when it will get here -my SA is asking and asking, and (b) how the hell do I inspect and potentially reject if it is a disaster build when the home drop off they are forcing on me says the car will not unlock until I accept delivery in the app. Not cool.

My VIN and Delivery date are now gone lol. Was supposed to pick up at 6pm.

Me too

10/22 ordered M3P Red/Black FSD
12/29 got a VIN 879XXX
12/29 paid in full the $70K balance due (am I nuts buying something like this sight unseen?)
12/29 got Delivery appointment at DC 5pm today 10/31
9pm 12/30 text form Tesla: Due to high demand and limited supply we now expect your Model 3 to ve delivered in the first few months of 2021. Account page still showed my VIN
12/31: emailed advisor, and left two messages at delivery center, no response
noon 12/31: VIN went away from my Account page

Look guys, I am out. If Tesla cannot deliver my car in the next few days I will cancel - they still have all my savings you know - perhaps never to return. Its simply put a bad taste in my mouth. Perhaps I'll wait till 4680 or maybe an S class refresh. Or perhaps not

As I posted yesterday, delivery instructions said my date on my account might go away on delivery day, it did. VIN has stayed. Waiting now to find out (a) exactly where it is and when it will get here -my SA is asking and asking, and (b) how the hell do I inspect and potentially reject if it is a disaster build when the home drop off they are forcing on me says the car will not unlock until I accept delivery in the app. Not cool.

Uh oh. Isn't today your home drop off day?

Instead of your SA, you might want to give the delivery folks a call. You should have received a text at some point to confirm your delivery. Call that number back and you can speak with a human. Mine was pretty helpful with getting some delivery details sorted.

My gift from Tesla is an appt on 1/15 to fix the dent in my trunk... darn contact-free home delivery. Otherwise, having a blast with the car, so far. My other issues are minor and they can take care of those when they're fixing the dent.

Well, from the pits of despair and frustration yesterday to being vin matched due to my SA being on top of a M3P cancellation and vin matching me late afternoon yesterday, to taking delivery today! It has been quite an emotional rollercoaster!

Thankfully the few issues on the car where pretty minimal panel and fitment issues but nothing major!

And as required, here is my picture. It was the only M3P I saw in the lot.

Attachments

• IMG_20201231_113335020_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201231_113335020_HDR.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 98