Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like Dick Clark counting down to the New Year.

I feel you're pain. I found my exact configuration in inventory, hit tesla chat to have it assigned to me. Chat said only your SA can do that I'll contact them to get the ball rolling.

Two hours later my SA finally contacts me to say they just sold it.

how can my order(late oct) go unfulfilled and some joe blow pulls up to the delivery center and buys the config I'm waiting for that day.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
I feel you're pain. I found my exact configuration in inventory, hit tesla chat to have it assigned to me. Chat said only your SA can do that I'll contact them to get the ball rolling.

Two hours later my SA finally contacts me to say they just sold it.

how can my order(late oct) go unfulfilled and some joe blow pulls up to the delivery center and buys the config I'm waiting for that day.
Well, it just arrived! Literally under the wire.

94BA6CEF-E2D3-40C2-9912-C680D8A39142.jpeg

Yes it is dark and I am tired but it actually looks pretty damn good. What a relief. A couple of small alignment issues I see but nothing glaring so far. Tomorrow for the serious going over. Wow. What an experience. FWIW, the delivery team was super respectful and patient with me. They have been delivering all night long now for days apparently. Last night their last delivery ended at 6am (yes this morning). Truly whacko process. I hope nothing major turns up and I can just have some fun

View attachment 623080

Yes it is dark and I am tired but it actually looks pretty damn good. What a relief. A couple of small alignment issues I see but nothing glaring so far. Tomorrow for the serious going over. Wow. What an experience. FWIW, the delivery team was super respectful and patient with me. They have been delivering all night long now for days apparently. Last night their last delivery ended at 6am (yes this morning). Truly whacko process. I hope nothing major turns up and I can just have some fun

Congrats! Happy New Years!!!

Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
RC10M3P,

Congrats!!

Any chance your vin ends in 74? That looks like mine. I went to the delivery center to check it out but decided not to take delivery very last minute. Had to go to say goodbye. This is the closest I got to the Tesla experience. Surely an interesting one.

As a matter of fact it is!! Haha

Luckily my SA had an eye on six in this trim that were waiting for delivery confirmation and was ready in case one fell through and jumped on it for me.

What made you decide not to get it? Overall the car checked out pretty well! And I'm pretty OCD about things.

View attachment 623080

Wow! That is nuts! But amazing that it tentatively all looks good!! Happy New Year!

View attachment 623080

HELL YEAH!! Congrats!

As a matter of fact it is!! Haha

Luckily my SA had an eye on six in this trim that were waiting for delivery confirmation and was ready in case one fell through and jumped on it for me.

What made you decide not to get it? Overall the car checked out pretty well! And I'm pretty OCD about things.

So happy for you, and of course a bit sad on my end, until my alternative deal is done. We will see! Sat could be the day.

Long story short, I had my doubt when we got to about a week ago since I had no vin, no communication & can't even reach the SA who handled my account. It was a very frustrating experience but looking here I'm not alone. It's still pretty amazing how everything unfolds at the very last minute. I had some last minute holiday planning which no one at Tesla could understand nor care. I was only told that "they" want to make sure they hit the number so I'd need to be ready when the call comes... I was pretty fed up so I decide to look for other options.

I do have to say the 1 year supercharging & the 3 months FSD are very tempted at the end but I've decided to go with something else I like more.

Anyway, congrats again! glad it worked out for you at the end. :)

Yep, estimated delivery date has returned for me as well, showing Feb 22- March 22. Since the Chinese version is coming with a heated steering wheel and the zero gravity wheels, if what they try to deliver me in March don’t have that, I’m turning it down and riding out the rest of the year. Happy New Years everyone!

Same here: “
Estimated Delivery: February 20 - March 20”

On a side note. I was also informed by my SA that my “our” application that was approved will expire in 30days, so how many of you are in the same time frame in which you will have to APPlY again?? Crazy. I sold two cars and ran credit for this non existent Model 3.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro