Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never got around to sharing - some good info for whoever may want it.

74 days order to delivery - overall very good fit and finish.

VIN 869xxx with new headlights

Added Fast Wheels FC04 in gloss black 18x9 with 255/40/18 Conti DWS06

We all DONT live in sunny CA - poor car drew the short straw on it's home in life - LOL

View attachment 623585
How does it handle the white stuff? I have seen a whole lot of mixed feedback from
amazing with snow tires to horrible too much rear wheel bias needs snow mode to force 50/50 split all the time

My Tesla account updated today finally showing "Free Supercharging until January 1, 2022" :)

If those Tesla deliveries do end up being final, I can guarantee there were at least 50 people that were waiting on a M3P that couldn't get one.

One thing for sure is the demand is greater than supply. That’s a great thing considering how poorly the customer service & communication are for many. I’m still blown away how the whole process works. Even though I bailed at the end but I’ll be back for sure. In the meantime I’m not complaining being a TSLA shareholder.

Reactions: dalton108
I'm off the waiting list (canceled for now), will keep my '18 M3P for now, which is a great ride. New estimated time range was "19-21 weeks from order placed date".

The 3rd expired trade-in valuation from Tesla was offensive... so different from the first, which was significantly more than CarMax and Vroom, that I feel like they were trying to juice the sales initially. I think in the future I've learned to absolutely private party or non-Tesla sell the car before considering an order.

I'm off the waiting list (canceled for now), will keep my '18 M3P for now, which is a great ride. New estimated time range was "19-21 weeks from order placed date".

The 3rd expired trade-in valuation from Tesla was offensive... so different from the first, which was significantly more than CarMax and Vroom, that I feel like they were trying to juice the sales initially. I think in the future I've learned to absolutely private party or non-Tesla sell the car before considering an order.

19-21 weeks from order placed date? Wonder if that's the same for all new orders, or specific to your estimate.

Tim

@westernvine I'm curious what your trade-in offer was. I was just chatting with one TSLA perma bull who was trying to convince me that Tesla resale value is close to 100% (sometimes even higher).

49K at initial order, 2nd month 46K, 3rd month 41K. Interestingly nobody seems to care whether used M3P have FSD or not when pricing trade-ins. Original price was 71K+, but it’s worth noting that the car was re-priced so the MSRP is lower than that these days by probably 9K. FSD was added later so net spend has been more.

You could probably private party for a bit more than any trade-in of course, but 100% seems super hard to believe! No reason not to just order something new.

How does it handle the white stuff? I have seen a whole lot of mixed feedback from
amazing with snow tires to horrible too much rear wheel bias needs snow mode to force 50/50 split all the time

I've lived in MN most of my life and driven a lot of different vehicles in the snow. I opted to go with all seasons vs snow tires mainly because snow tires feel really squishy when it gets above 45-50F. With the DWS06 Continentals it is remarkably capable - we currently have 4-6 inches of slush snow on back roads around here and it handles it like a champ. It's not the same as an Ice race car with studded tires, but any capable driver on all season tires in an awd Tesla shouldn't have any issues is snow/ice 8-10" or less.

• Informative
Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
Same here. Ordered on November 8th. So end of March estimate is 20-21 weeks from the order date.

I wonder how many Model 3 Performance buyers from this thread got the same treatment from Tesla?
I'm oct 28th and I got the shaft. What irritates me is people getting the same configuration I have on order within a week's time. So not only did I miss out on getting the car but free supercharging for a year and 3 months of fsd. My SA is amazing

I think the way to go moving forward, especially for those on the west coast, is to simply wait for your model to pop up in inventory. It's just stupid the way they have designed their logistics. I'm sure it's financially efficient, but it really pisses off customers.

Speaking of pissing off customers... what's the over/under on them giving me a loaner when I take my brand new car in to fix the dent that they delivered it with?

• Funny
Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Let me know!
I'm oct 28th and I got the shaft. What irritates me is people getting the same configuration I have on order within a week's time. So not only did I miss out on getting the car but free supercharging for a year and 3 months of fsd. My SA is amazing

jackspat2 11/22 MP3 Red/black SoCal fake VINed 2/22-3/22

fake vinned is you got a vin then it was removed. First date is order date. Last date is what my account currently shows for delivery.

I am officially out of the waiting room as well as of Dec 31. Besides the passenger doors being somewhat misaligned - and thus are rather hard to close - I am happy with the car.

2020-12-31_16-38.png

Some pics from delivery day, and my first mod - rear debadge, and T E S L A emblem installed attached.

2020-12-31_16-39.png 2020-12-31_16-39_1.png 2020-12-31_16-40.png 2021-01-04_09-46.png 2021-01-04_09-45.png

Attachments

• 2020-12-31_16-38.png
    2020-12-31_16-38.png
    533.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 2020-12-31_16-38.png
    2020-12-31_16-38.png
    533.5 KB · Views: 77