Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all.
Checking in for one of the first times since getting my car 1/4 (ordered 10/22/20, VINned 12/29, paid cash in full $70K 12/29, delivery appointment set for 12/31, VIN removed 12/30 and 12/31 came and went. You can read the rest of my saga here . I got lucky in the end as there are others who ordered within a few days of me that still don't have their car)
Some advice
1. Take a deep breath, because if you are this excited just a few days after ordering, I hate to see the way you will be come late March when the big "euro spec switchover" is looming and some people are getting VINs and others aren't, etc etc.
2. WATCH for a car with your spec (or even one you would accept) within existing inventory on the website. If you find something try and get you SA to match you to that car. I wish I had done this. Do not wait for the car to come to you as we've seen many times here, if your delivery is near the end of quarter you may get screwed and have to wait an extra three months
3. In the end it is worth it. All the waiting, worrying checking, rechecking and nagging your SA is worth it that first time you put pedal to the medal on the M3P.

How are all you people able to contact a SA?
I ordered in November, got VIN 5YJ3E1EC3MF875054 at the end of December, paid in full the day before delivery, and then my delivery guesstimate changed to March.

I've called and called and emailed and everything, but have never been able to reach anyone or receive the car I paid for months ago.

I understand some people are able to get mobile technicians to appear by using the app, but Telsa hasn't enabled my app so I can't even do that. How do you guys manage to contact them?

Hello all.
Checking in for one of the first times since getting my car 1/4 (ordered 10/22/20, VINned 12/29, paid cash in full $70K 12/29, delivery appointment set for 12/31, VIN removed 12/30 and 12/31 came and went. You can read the rest of my saga here . I got lucky in the end as there are others who ordered within a few days of me that still don't have their car)
Some advice
1. Take a deep breath, because if you are this excited just a few days after ordering, I hate to see the way you will be come late March when the big "euro spec switchover" is looming and some people are getting VINs and others aren't, etc etc.
2. WATCH for a car with your spec (or even one you would accept) within existing inventory on the website. If you find something try and get you SA to match you to that car. I wish I had done this. Do not wait for the car to come to you as we've seen many times here, if your delivery is near the end of quarter you may get screwed and have to wait an extra three months
3. In the end it is worth it. All the waiting, worrying checking, rechecking and nagging your SA is worth it that first time you put pedal to the medal on the M3P.

From chatter I’ve read in another thread it appears the the RHD M3 will be coming out of China instead this time around. People in UK ordering M3P are reporting may delivery.

Maybe we will make out better this quarter with US deliveries

So would they fit? Probably stick out a little?
No, they will be inward very slightly going from a 20x9 +35mm Uberturbine to the Model Y Apollo wheel (note, the aero cover is called Gemini, the wheel itself is Apollo). You will lose about 3.65mm of caliper clearance. This shouldn't be an issue but obviously someone will need to try and make sure.
upload_2021-2-2_8-31-44.png

ordered 12/30, M3 Long Range Black/Black w 19in Sport - site says 2/15-3/1 delivery but no VIN yet - curious once you receive a VIN if delivery date is flexible. I'll be travelling through much of that delivery window and want to ask for a specific date - how has the delivery date selection process been?

ordered 12/30, M3 Long Range Black/Black w 19in Sport - site says 2/15-3/1 delivery but no VIN yet - curious once you receive a VIN if delivery date is flexible. I'll be travelling through much of that delivery window and want to ask for a specific date - how has the delivery date selection process been?

i dont have first hand experience (waiting for my M3 LR AWD, delivery window 2/14-2/28) but i imagine once you get matched with a VIN that they will be flexible as to when you pick it up. it might be different if your window was right at the end of the quarter. if you are concerned you can reach out to your sales associate

You'll get a text with a range of dates. Typically the range isn't very wide. On my Y, it was a one week window. Some people only get 3 days.

• Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX
I am waiting for a TM3 Performance, Midnight silver with black interior. First BEV for me, so quite anxious how it will work out. Delivery l March, I dont have the VIN yet, at least I think I dont, not sure where it will appear. Based in Poland, the local Tesla branch was opened in December 2020, not many of the model 3 around now.

Ordered 11/11, MSM with white interior (just changed from black). After getting a VIN at EOY and having it removed the day before delivery, my latest update is that it should gate around 3/4. Not a guaranteed date, but should give some of us an idea of when we might see them coming out for us CA folks that have been waiting since last quarter...

Who told you it'd be around 3/4? Do you mean March 4th or March/April?

Who told you it'd be around 3/4? Do you mean March 4th or March/April?

Close college friend who is also my SA. Started at Tesla 6 years ago and is now in a senior role. He checks the system for me and pulls up my order and where it’s at in the factory’s planning schedule. 3/4 as in March 4th. It does change quite often though. A couple weeks ago after everyone’s order was postponed, it was showing March 18th.

Gate means leave the factory, correct?

Yea, correct. Gate date is the date the vehicle leaves the factory. Usually +/- 2 days for final QA and loaded onto a truck/delivery.