Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been lurking for awhile. Order 2/7 a few days after we picked up my wife's Y. Delivery date 3/14 - 3/31. White/Blk interior. I'm a little concerned about the battery and power loss being discussed in the thread. Coming from my 2019 Charger 392 I don't lose power as my gas gets lower. I do expect some loss in an EV as the battery drains, but the amounts being shown are a little problematic especially for drag strip folks. Has anyone tested the 0-60 in Track Mode at these percentages?

Been lurking for awhile. Order 2/7 a few days after we picked up my wife's Y. Delivery date 3/14 - 3/31. White/Blk interior. I'm a little concerned about the battery and power loss being discussed in the thread. Coming from my 2019 Charger 392 I don't lose power as my gas gets lower. I do expect some loss in an EV as the battery drains, but the amounts being shown are a little problematic especially for drag strip folks. Has anyone tested the 0-60 in Track Mode at these percentages?
Definitely do your research. There’s a lot of information out there. I didn’t and I learned after the fact about the fairly steep drop off after 70 SOC. Tesla doesn’t exactly advertise this. For me, my commute is about 30 miles so charging to 90 regularly will keep me in the power zone for the majority of my driving. I do love the car and it’s a blast to drive but if I had known about these issues before buying I may have gone in a different direction. I bought immediately after test driving and before learning about a lot of this stuff.

You guys talking about the battery constantly need a hobby. Bjorn is clearly bored and makes these super technical youtube videos to over analyze everything as if Tesla is unaware or won't provide fixes sooner than later. You can't control what you can't control. Most of you don't even have your car yet, just relax!

Uh, I think I speak for all of us here when I say that the ONLY reason I bought this car is to drag race across a frozen tundra with a dead battery.

Dumb question, has anyone gotten their 2021 Model 3 Performance that ordered this year? My delivery still shows Feb 18th to Mar 18th, my SA said it will probably come in the first or second week of March. Also still no VIN. Fingers crossed it's the first week of March.

I don't think so. I haven't seen a single person post about a M3P VIN on the common outlets. I'm with Eddie1218 as he and I have orders from last quarter waiting to be filled... I don't have a VIN and neither does he if his "footer" is still accurate. Like you said "fingers crossed," we're all right there with you! I'd love to see my delivery date change to something more refined or something.

I don't think so. I haven't seen a single person post about a M3P VIN on the common outlets. I'm with Eddie1218 as he and I have orders from last quarter waiting to be filled... I don't have a VIN and neither does he if his "footer" is still accurate. Like you said "fingers crossed," we're all right there with you! I'd love to see my delivery date change to something more refined or something.

I haven't had an estimated date since DEC. Ever since I pushed my order to this quarter I haven't seen an estimate at all. I contact my SA every so often to make sure Tesla didn't forget about me. I should be one of the first in Cali to get mine. So... 3rd or 4th week of Mar which is normal for Cali deliveries .

Reactions: SummerlinChiro

Thanks! This makes me feel better, glad to know I’m not the only one. I’m just antsy because I just offloaded my 2020 M340 on swapalease so now I’m car-less until my Model 3 comes in.