Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that folks who ordered the Long Range have been getting their cars. I’ve been considering changing my order from the Performance to Long Range, throwing 20s on it, and lowering it. I’m not worried about the boost in performance between the two. Curious if the range impact of a LR + 20s will be the same quoted range of a Performance with 20s. Any opinions?

Do not do this as I strongly believe you will regret your choice. You've waited this long, stick it out.

LR and performance should have nearly identical range assuming both have the same wheels. i.e., if you throw 18's or 19's on the performance car, the range is going to go up. If you throw larger wheels with stickier tires on the LR, the range will go down.

Hows your Model S order tracking?
Nothing has changed. I ordered within minutes of it being available to order, hasn't changed from the March 1st - 31st delivery window. Same situation for everyone else as well.

Same deal with my M3P order, has been at March 15th - 31st the whole time and nothing has changed. Figured I'd mention that as well because I've noticed when people start complaining in this thread they get their VIN the next day :D

• Funny
Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Nothing has changed. I ordered within minutes of it being available to order, hasn't changed from the March 1st - 31st delivery window. Same situation for everyone else as well.

Same deal with my M3P order, has been at March 15th - 31st the whole time and nothing has changed. Figured I'd mention that as well because I've noticed when people start complaining in this thread they get their VIN the next day :D
My Schaumburg order is also still March 15-31st.

Lmao. Literally 2 minutes after I wrote that my phone rings and it's someone from Tesla.

She called to give me an update on my order. She checked for news directly from the factory and said I have a build date of Feb 23rd, which is typically completed at the end of that week. I'm supposed to be assigned a VIN next week and delivery will very likely be within the first couple weeks of March. She said I should be well ahead of my loan expiration date of March 20th.

Lmao. Literally 2 minutes after I wrote that my phone rings and it's someone from Tesla.

She called to give me an update on my order. She checked for news directly from the factory and said I have a build date of Feb 23rd, which is typically completed at the end of that week. I'm supposed to be assigned a VIN next week and delivery will very likely be within the first couple weeks of March. She said I should be well ahead of my loan expiration date of March 20th.
That's great news! One quick question, how many days is the loan approval valid for?

New here, so please forgive if discussed somewhere else in this thread. Does anyone have any updates for delivery to California? I placed my order on 12/20 and have delivery estimate as 2/18 - 3/14.

My (facile) understanding is that deliveries generally roll out east to west, and it's the folks on the east coast who are currently receiving VINs. There's a spreadsheet linked above in this thread that tracks order dates, trim, and when people received VINs. It's a great resource. Check it out and add your data.

Do not do this as I strongly believe you will regret your choice. You've waited this long, stick it out.

LR and performance should have nearly identical range assuming both have the same wheels. i.e., if you throw 18's or 19's on the performance car, the range is going to go up. If you throw larger wheels with stickier tires on the LR, the range will go down.

Thanks for slapping me around; needed someone to validate switching was a bad idea. And it sounds like folks are seeing progress on VIN assignments, fingers crossed I'm close!

Oh okay cool, will have to then double check on mine. Thanks!

I used Navy Federal Credit Union and their consumer loans are normally only good for 60 days but due to the pandemic they’ve extended them to 90 days. This puts my expiration at 20Mar....my EDD is currently 18Feb-16Mar. Hopefully I can give them money before then!

@MKRJ I’m in SoCal and ordered on 19Dec so I’m right there with you!

Heck why not lol, Same thing here my date has been 3/14 - 3/31 forever. SA didn't respond to calls or text yesterday. Everything in my order profile is complete.