Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spoke to someone at the Nevada office and she said my Build date changed from Feb 23rd to March 4th :(. She said I should get a VIN around March 8th and delivery March 14th - 20th. She said it's very likely that I'll get it this quarter, but worst case scenario it would be end of Q2.

Lines up pretty well with the dates in this story... Tesla shuts down Model 3 production line for 2 weeks amid chip shortage - Electrek

"Workers on a Model 3 production line in Fremont were told their line would be down from Feb. 22 until March 7"

That being said, this AM my dates moved up one day, now showing March 02 - March 16. No VIN assigned.

Tim

If line is shut down until March 7, wouldn’t it follow that the first cars off the line would be after the 7th, thereby seeing first deliveries plus 1 or 2 weeks after then. It looks like the only pending deliveries are en route and pre-February 22. Conclusion: those who would normally be expecting delivery in the latter part of March (California) would definitely be put to June, as Tesla only delivers end of each quarter. Anyone?

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Don't get me wrong, I am waiting until the end of the quarter. If Tesla pulls what they did last quarter and kicks my order until the end of next than I will be looking for a mildly used '20 M3LR w/AB and FSD to pick up.

I envy your patience. If Tesla bounces my delivery again I guarantee they won't see a penny from me again new or used. Just horrendous allocation/communication from them.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
In the waiting room too now.
2021 Model 3 Performance
Midnight Grey Metallic
Black Interior
Ordered 2/22; quoted 3-6w
Hoping that comes to fruition!

First order of business is ordering a new dash and getting some tint (which will be light due to NY restrictions, but I may get the UV block to keep it cool in the summer)

Reactions: Sandee3
I spoke with an SA this afternoon regarding the Model 3 production shutdown to see if they had an updated delivery date. She said she had not heard of the shutdown. She checked and the manufacture and delivery date of my order has not changed (3/12 & 3/27 respectively).

If this thread has taught me anything though, it's that not all SAs are as well informed as others. So I take the above with a grain of salt.