Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went down to my local SC to test drive all the vehicles since I hadn't test drove any yet. I ended up really liking the MYP and they had the exact config I wanted on a train from Fremont available in their hidden inventory. The acceleration was more than enough for me, so I ended up going with the MYP and have a scheduled delivery date of March 11th. Placed the order on March 4th so a 1 week turn around is pretty good!

I won't be needing the Satin Grey 18" Tsportline Wheels anymore and can't return them. If someone wants to purchase them I'll cut you a deal. They're brand new, still sealed and will give you the same range as a LR M3 (without the aero covers). I opened one just to check the condition and they're perfect!

@mbadel @Penguins

Last edited:
Went down to my local SC to test drive all the vehicles since I hadn't test drove any yet. I ended up really liking the MYP and they had the exact config I wanted on a train from Fremont available in their hidden inventory. The acceleration was more than enough for me, so I ended up going with the MYP and have a scheduled delivery date of March 11th. Placed the order on March 4th so a 1 week turn around is pretty good!

I won't be needing the Satin Grey 18" Tsportline Wheels anymore and can't return them. If someone wants to purchase them I'll cut you a deal. They're brand new, still sealed and will give you the same range as a LR M3 (without the aero covers). I opened one just to check the condition and they're perfect!

@mbadel @Penguins
Dang! You pulled the plug finally huh? I've considered a few times myself....not the MYP but a MYLR. "Secret inventory?" I sure hope that's where my M3P is!

My window now says March 10-24, it’s changed a bunch of times since I ordered in November. On a positive note, since my financing expired, they had to run my credit again and my interest rate improved to 1.87% from 2.49%. Crossing my fingers that the value of my trade in doesn’t go down too much.

Ordered in November
Black on Black
Bay Area, Ca

hopefully they deliver this quarter.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
My window now says March 10-24, it’s changed a bunch of times since I ordered in November. On a positive note, since my financing expired, they had to run my credit again and my interest rate improved to 1.87% from 2.49%. Crossing my fingers that the value of my trade in doesn’t go down too much.

Ordered in November
Black on Black
Bay Area, Ca

hopefully they deliver this quarter.
You should give Carvana. I sold my car to them this weekend. I am a big fan of them now with how easy the process was and the great quote they gave me.

Picking up my car tomorrow at the Marina del Rey delivery center! So freaking excited!!!!!
I was so excited to see a call from Tesla come in (was expecting a time for tomorrow's delivery), only to be told there was a cosmetic issue that needed to be addressed and that it would be a few more days. I reckon that will make for about 800 additional refresh cycles for the Tesla order status site and TMC. Good luck tomorrow and come back with pics!

Tim

I got my VIN on Friday evening (914XXX) but still no ETA. Order placed on 2/18/21 so I'm still expecting things to change before actual delivery. Hopefully I'll get one with the new headlights, I could care less about what door panels I get!

Mine is also a 914,XXX car and it’s got the new headlights.

Tim

6127EB97-F056-473F-B7DE-A59D5406A1B3.jpeg

Reactions: nextelmatt
Good Morning All,

I picked up my M3P Saturday evening in Owings Mills, Maryland after an initial order date of December 14, 2020. Originally my delivery date was scheduled for March 3rd, then postponed to Monday the 8th, then surprised on Saturday the 6th when a delivery truck arrived early versus the anticipated Sunday night.

The pickup experience was not ideal. My appointment was set for 5pm and, on my way there, I received an email that my car was ready to go at 4:39pm. Upon arriving, I scanned the entire parking lot and did not see my car. Inside, every Tesla employee was royally confused and asked weird questions like, "Are you with a delivery?". Me: "No, I'm here to pick up my car". Tesla "Oh did you see it in the parking lot?" "No, the email said my car would be in the parking lot, lights flashing, and my name in the dash, I was supposed to show up, sign paperwork, inspect it, and go". Tesla: "Oh, what's your name?".

This went on several times with 3 different employees until a manager finally appeared and took control of the situation. I wound up waiting a good 30-45 minutes. Turns out, my car was still being prepped, washed and charged in their service bay -- nowhere to be found unless you knew where to look.

When the car finally came out, I had 3 noticeable blemishes/scratches on the new red paint and one on my steering wheel (which is heated by the way, 2/21 build). The scratches were minor, they fixed them, and ultimately didn't care because it's getting corrected/PPF'd on Thursday at a local shop. Overall, the car was flawless with no panel gaps or issues but, again, the delivery experience was not as advertised and I feel like I was sitting around at a Carmax or something. The Tesla employees generally did not care and everyone was in the same boat (Owings Mills Tesla). If I would've had a choice to go somewhere else or have it delivered at home, I would have.

But, love the car, it's awesome!

Attachments

• 20210307_010210798_iOS.jpg
    20210307_010210798_iOS.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210307_010229003_iOS.jpg
    20210307_010229003_iOS.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20210307_155249469_iOS.jpg
    20210307_155249469_iOS.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210307_155256016_iOS.jpg