Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree that it definitely handles better, but I also test drove both and I didn't notice THAT much of a difference between them. They're both incredible cars and I'd be happy with either!

My SC just called to let me know that I can pickup my MYP today so I'll be leaving to pick her up shortly. I ordered 03/04/21 and it came straight from the factory. A 5 day turn around is pretty nuts.

I'll be back for a 3 when they have the new 4680s (or later today if I have to reject the MYP for QC 🤣 )

It's been a wild ride, glad to have "met" all you guys!
Down to 1 Venom in this thread. RIP.

Estimated Delivery: March 12 - March 28

History from newest to oldest:
  • March 11 - March 28
  • March 07 - March 27
  • 5-8 weeks from order date
  • March 17 - March 31
  • Mar 11 - Apr 1
Ordered Red/White M3P on 2/4 in Phoenix, AZ

I'm going to stop posting until I get my VIN or the window tightens a bit, because I think I'm at that point where each day we get closer, it'll push back a day and the 28th date will stay the maximum.

On Thursday, Mar 4th, my SA said 1.5 weeks and the week before he said 2.5 weeks when I asked. So if my SA is right, I'm guessing Mar 15th/16th delivery. Let's see how good of a guessing skill I have.

I have an appointment at the detailer to get the tint, PPF and ceramic coating done on the 17th at 8am, so let's hope I don't need to reschedule!

Down to 1 Venom in this thread. RIP.
Actually the other Venom has been venturing into the MYP thread as well. He might be joining the dark side as well.

Exhibit A (thumbnail is weird, you have to click it):

I've joined team blank tonight.

1615338820315.png

I agree that it definitely handles better, but I also test drove both and I didn't notice THAT much of a difference between them. They're both incredible cars and I'd be happy with either!

My SC just called to let me know that I can pickup my MYP today so I'll be leaving to pick her up shortly. I ordered 03/04/21 and it came straight from the factory. A 5 day turn around is pretty nuts.

I'll be back for a 3 when they have the new 4680s (or later today if I have to reject the MYP for QC 🤣 )

It's been a wild ride, glad to have "met" all you guys!
If my wife didn't have a Model Y LR I would have went MYP myself in Blue 🤷‍♂️ You can't beat that rear legroom (E-Class) and hatch trunk....

• Love
Reactions: Venom
I am honestly starting to get a bit worried about getting the car this quarter. 1/31, NY order. The date range is slipping by day every day. Im up to March 24th-31st now and based on the posts above after 25th the estimate just disappears. I started at 3/14. The VIN spreadsheet is disheartening too. At this time last quarter there were 15-20 VINs assigned per day. There were THREE assigned today. One of them for a M3P that was ordered on 12/31. Also my SA is mia and my trade expired 3 days ago. Submitted the updated odometer 8 minutes after I got the email and still no word on up an updated offer. Whats crazy is that on the order page had a 2-4 week estimate for a M3P up until YESTERDAY, when the hell are they making all these cars.

It really is a curious thing how this process has worked. Super simple ordering and then range/date purgatory. I definitely understand the delays because of the microprocessor shortage but now it would seem this would be more of a steady awareness of when specific vehicle design combinations would gate. It's almost a crapshoot and a large anxiety inducing process.

I know that once I am sitting comfortably in my Red/White M3P that it will feel worth the wait. I just don't want to wait. Lol

Ordered January 26
Latest date range: March 21 - March 31
Now blank

Picked up my MYP this evening and it’s perfect. The wait was definitely worth it. At times I felt like canceling my M3P order and very frustrated at blank dates/dashes/changing dates. I know how you all feel, but all that goes away once you take delivery. I just feel at peace and incredibly satisfied. I can live my life again lol.

Also, I saw a LOT of M3Ps at the SC so things are looking promising

• Love
Reactions: TBrownTX and M321