Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd highly recommend test driving both back to back. I went in thinking I would get a MYP for its utility aspect (having kids and such), however after driving both it was clear to me that the Y just isn't as enjoyable to drive. Way harsher / unrefined ride, doesn't handle as well, and feels moderately slower in acceleration compared to the MP3.
Thanks. I plan to be patient and wait for my M3P. It's a better fit for my needs - fun car to zip around Palm Beach County. The Y is about the coolest and fastest SUV, but it is an SUV and I don't have kids and don't really need the extra room. The smaller and lower profile is one of the things that attracted me to the M3P. I currently drive one of the smallest BMWs available - the M235i. I find small, quick cars are the most fun to drive - you feel the speed.

Cheers,

Snade

Same here NOV 5th
Yikes! Three since November? That doesn't make any sense! Did you order the unicorn color? lol

There were two people that got VINs and order last week. I am hopeful that next week or the week after will be when the gates open up for most of us. My SA has told me that 1-2 weeks is when production of the M3 will begin (which was a week ago) and that cars will be assigned shortly after that. 🤖

Yikes! Three since November? That doesn't make any sense! Did you order the unicorn color? lol

There were two people that got VINs and order last week. I am hopeful that next week or the week after will be when the gates open up for most of us. My SA has told me that 1-2 weeks is when production of the M3 will begin (which was a week ago) and that cars will be assigned shortly after that. 🤖
I've been waiting since the beginning of November as well. Black/black.

I'd highly recommend test driving both back to back. I went in thinking I would get a MYP for its utility aspect (having kids and such), however after driving both it was clear to me that the Y just isn't as enjoyable to drive. Way harsher / unrefined ride, doesn't handle as well, and feels moderately slower in acceleration compared to the MP3.
I had exactly the same experience.

I went black/black as well. Like someone mentioned above, I think the priority is on the furthest orders, and then at the end they try to sneak in the closer orders and if they don’t make it before the quarter ends they get pushed till the end of the next quarter. At least we get a heated steering wheel out of this 😂

This is the response I received from my SA requesting an update and stating that I heard others in Los Angeles are receiving their deliveries.
“No one in the southwest US has taken taken delivery of Brand New Model 3 or Y performance recently. We literally don't have any and haven't for a few months. The newest batch will be ready this month.”