Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of a weird day today. Delivery date was scheduled for tomorrow between 4-6pm, I was assuming I was picking it up at the factory. Instead I get an automated call today saying they’re delivering to my house tomorrow. Confused by it, I requested a call back to where I was informed they could deliver to my house today and the reason they were doing deliveries and not allowing pick ups was because of covid (I don’t really believe that). Well I get home from work and they call me to let me know that the car isn’t ready and will be delivered to me tomorrow. Classic Tesla! Been waiting since November, what’s one more day? 😂

So my car was delivered today as expected. Did the hand off pretty quick, as they told me I had 3 days and 100 miles to report any issues.

Spent about an hour going over it with a fine tooth comb. It’s nearly a flawless car, paint is perfect, interior perfect, excellent panel gaps all the way around.

Only one small issue where the passenger front fender meets the door and side mirror. It sticks out a bit like I have seen on some early 2021 deliveries from December.

I’m going to report it, just to log the issue, but probably won’t mess with it at least not for a while. Going to call it “character” for the time being and enjoy the car.

Overall it’s gorgeous and I am super happy with the way it turned out. Also can confirm my 914 VIN has a heated steering wheel. Pics as promised.

Tim

AFCE49CF-CCDE-4694-9858-9903BB423776.jpeg
DF6604A1-851B-42B5-A7A9-3D8B5C232B4F.jpeg
EF1A0D01-8D82-45FC-9BB5-06869A99442B.jpeg

97FEA865-FF76-429C-8819-EE0BAB89261C.jpeg

So my car was delivered today as expected. Did the hand off pretty quick, as they told me I had 3 days and 100 miles to report any issues.

Spent about an hour going over it with a fine tooth comb. It’s nearly a flawless car, paint is perfect, interior perfect, excellent panel gaps all the way around.

Only one small issue where the passenger front fender meets the door and side mirror. It sticks out a bit like I have seen on some early 2021 deliveries from December.

I’m going to report it, just to log the issue, but probably won’t mess with it at least not for a while. Going to call it “character” for the time being and enjoy the car.

Overall it’s gorgeous and I am super happy with the way it turned out. Also can confirm my 914 VIN has a heated steering wheel. Pics as promised.

Tim

View attachment 645144View attachment 645145View attachment 645146
View attachment 645147
Looks amazing! Congrats!

Tim

View attachment 645147
Its beautiful - congratulations! you finally got ahold of it.

Tim

View attachment 645147
Looks amazing!

Kind of a weird day today. Delivery date was scheduled for tomorrow between 4-6pm, I was assuming I was picking it up at the factory. Instead I get an automated call today saying they’re delivering to my house tomorrow. Confused by it, I requested a call back to where I was informed they could deliver to my house today and the reason they were doing deliveries and not allowing pick ups was because of covid (I don’t really believe that). Well I get home from work and they call me to let me know that the car isn’t ready and will be delivered to me tomorrow. Classic Tesla! Been waiting since November, what’s one more day? 😂
Check your account again. I had similar and it just got pushed out even further a few minutes ago.

Tim

View attachment 645147
Looks great. The blue on black looks clean. Can't wait for my white on black to get here

Reactions: TBrownTX

Tim

View attachment 645147
She looks great!

Reactions: TBrownTX

Tim

View attachment 645147
Congrats Tim. She's a beauty