Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I finally got my Model 3 Performance (Black/White)! I have noticed a couple of spots with misaligned/missing weather seal (roof glass and rear part of the car) and a couple of seemingly large panel gaps (where the roof meets the rear quarter panel?). Should I be filing this as a service request? Does this looks ok to you all? Do these seem like quick fixes or will this require some major work? (especially concerned about the roof glass)

Attachments

• IMG_4156.jpg
    IMG_4156.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4163.jpg
    IMG_4163.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4165.jpg
    IMG_4165.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4178.jpg
    IMG_4178.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4179.jpg
    IMG_4179.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 61
Hello everyone,

I finally got my Model 3 Performance (Black/White)! I have noticed a couple of spots with misaligned/missing weather seal (roof glass and rear part of the car) and a couple of seemingly large panel gaps (where the roof meets the rear quarter panel?). Should I be filing this as a service request? Does this looks ok to you all? Do these seem like quick fixes or will this require some major work? (especially concerned about the roof glass)
4165 I have a request in for the same thing and they are ordering me a new headliner on the other side in mines sits flush and tight. Let me know what they say about 4163 I just noticed mines is the same, but sealed on the right side lol.

Wish Tesla had a “M” division. M3P is stupid fast but the suspension is not up to par. Also, other than the tire/wheels there is not much of a differention from the LR. If there was a M3P+ I would have been all over it. There is certainly a market for it.

Unfortunately, I don’t see this happening until all their factories or up and running and Fremont is upgraded. They have too much trouble getting customers their cars on time and is good shape.
Agreed. Before the Model S Plaid was announced, I had wishful thinking that "Plaid" would be used as the name of their "M Division" counterpart.

Imagine a racing-stylized plaid tartan badge that could be affixed next to the model name. Like the tilting color bands alongside "M" or the tilting red block of Audi's S-line, but plaid.

Maybe some day we'll still see something like this.

Man you got yours before me. Ordered 12/28 East Bay area. SA says I should get mine by end of the month 🙃
Ouch, sorry to hear it, sir. My SA stopped replying a couple weeks ago, but was saying the same thing ("early in the month for sure!" "middle of the month for sure!" "before the end of the month for sure!"

I'm convinced they aren't given any credible production info, and that the specific allocations are probably random.

Ouch, sorry to hear it, sir. My SA stopped replying a couple weeks ago, but was saying the same thing ("early in the month for sure!" "middle of the month for sure!" "before the end of the month for sure!"

I'm convinced they aren't given any credible production info, and that the specific allocations are probably random.
I'm wondering if the reason it's taking so long is because of the FSD. Unless others that have received theirs have it then can't see why it's coming so late in the month

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the reason it's taking so long is because of the FSD. Unless others that have received theirs have it then can't see why it's coming so late in the month
I don’t think FSD is what’s delaying it. It’s just a software “switch”. Theoretically they can even deliver to the SC without it and activate it on the spot. I’m not saying that’s the case but it’s just that easy.

The wait is almost over!! Picking up Sunday @ 1:30 PM CT. This community has carried me through. Super excited and will definitely be posting pictures.

Has anyone done the ceramic & PPF yet? I read on another thread that you should wait 30 days because the paint isn't fully cured when it arrives. It was from back in 2018 so I'm guessing that's not the case anymore?

Well @Hilbe, I just stalked the center. My car was to arrive today, and I take delivery on Thursday. No M3P blue anything!

The lady there emailed me that the truck comes in on Sunday for mine. Guess I'm making a Sunday run. Pickup is Monday morning and I drive it immediately 7 miles to Indy Clear Bra for full frontal xpel wrap, xpel tint, and ceramic coating. Supposedly I'm getting it back Thursday or Friday.

Reactions: AAMC and TBrownTX
4165 I have a request in for the same thing and they are ordering me a new headliner on the other side in mines sits flush and tight. Let me know what they say about 4163 I just noticed mines is the same, but sealed on the right side lol.
The weather stripping “missing” on the driver’s side is normal. Mine (Dec 2020 build) is the same and I investigated heavily at the time. The trim was modified to allow the hinge motor assembly to correctly fit without interference. I confirmed with Tesla as well as numerous other owners to ensure it was the same on all cars.

The wait is almost over!! Picking up Sunday @ 1:30 PM CT. This community has carried me through. Super excited and will definitely be posting pictures.

Has anyone done the ceramic & PPF yet? I read on another thread that you should wait 30 days because the paint isn't fully cured when it arrives. It was from back in 2018 so I'm guessing that's not the case anymore?
I'm taking mine straight in. I think I saw someone said in the thread that might have been old news?

Hello everyone,

Re. 4163 - I picked mine up yesterday and noticed this - there appears to be a whole piece of the sealing missing on the top left hand side compared to the right - queried it with the sales staff who went and checked straigt away with the guys in the workshop - they say it's due to the boot (trunk) strut on the left hand side and it's how it should be.

Reactions: JohnnyEV
So... I've had a scheduled appointment, March 29 at 1:30pm for the past couple days. Woke up this morning and my delivery appointment is now showing March 30 at 1:30pm... Anyone else have their appointment changed without notice?
Did they txt you to schedule the appt? Before I got a txt I had a temp date and time but it didn’t change before the txt. Once I got a few time windows and chose it updated the time and date in an hour or so.

Did they txt you to schedule the appt? Before I got a txt I had a temp date and time but it didn’t change before the txt. Once I got a few time windows and chose it updated the time and date in an hour or so.
Yes, I scheduled via the txt that said my M3P was on its way to Toronto. I'm going to call my SA today and see what's up.

Reactions: Socalcommuter