Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got her home. Immediate debadge.
20210325_175504.jpg
20210325_175520.jpg

Good luck to @AAMC today. Hopefully you see mine blue/white, but maybe the SA is right that mine arrives Sunday! Sunday trip planned.
FB1C17C0-DD1E-4A8C-9938-7FFC62E37B44.jpeg
3E340EBA-45A5-4E92-A85C-8D35F3D5A056.jpeg

@Hilbe, all went well, except the rain! I picked it up, and dropped it off at the shop. Our cars are going to be there at the same time! Next stop, Gator Motorsport!!! Good luck with your delivery. Hope to meet sometime!

View attachment 647988View attachment 647989

@Hilbe, all went well, except the rain! I picked it up, and dropped it off at the shop. Our cars are going to be there at the same time! Next stop, Gator Motorsport!!! Good luck with your delivery. Hope to meet sometime!
They told me someone had the loaner Tesla reserved! LOL. Giving me a damn Camry they said. I'm driving mine straight there Monday morning. They will have it until "late Thursday or Friday morning" since I'm doing full frontal PPF, tint, and ceramic coating.

Reactions: AAMC
Well folks, my November order finally arrived and I've graduated from the thread! I'm the proud new driver of, whatever this thing is.
Pics or it didn't happen, amiright?

At least it has the chrome delete.

One of the issues with my car was a small black clump embedded in the paint. I'm guessing it was shrimp tails or something that stuck in the primer and made a bump in the final coat. Someone had furiously sanded it down and polished it smooth and I might not have even spotted it if it weren't for the silver dollar size region of scratching all around it. Never heard of a car company botching a paint job, botching the repair, and then just dumping it on the buyer to deal with before, but hey Tesla is a new type of experience right?

Anyway, the service centers don't deal with paint. nor do they provide loaner cars anymore. They took my car to some local body shop to be repainted and paid for an economy rental for the week. Interestingly, they disabled tracking as soon as I dropped it off so I can't see where they take it. But on the plus side, I had my first interaction with a Tesla employee!

IMG-8081.JPG

Well folks, my November order finally arrived and I've graduated from the thread! I'm the proud new driver of, whatever this thing is.

One of the issues with my car was a small black clump embedded in the paint. I'm guessing it was shrimp tails or something that stuck in the primer and made a bump in the final coat. Someone had furiously sanded it down and polished it smooth and I might not have even spotted it if it weren't for the silver dollar size region of scratching all around it. Never heard of a car company botching a paint job, botching the repair, and then just dumping it on the buyer to deal with before, but hey Tesla is a new type of experience right?

Anyway, the service centers don't deal with paint. nor do they provide loaner cars anymore. They took my car to some local body shop to be repainted and paid for an economy rental for the week. Interestingly, they disabled tracking as soon as I dropped it off so I can't see where they take it. But on the plus side, I had my first interaction with a Tesla employee!

View attachment 648062

I don't know whether to laugh or cry with you. You've been here the longest... and it still continues. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that first Tesla conversation.

Picked up the red M3P last Wednesday and electrician installed the Tesla charger yesterday on the garage wall (Florida thing - breaker panel normally on garage wall).

Some quick notes after two days of ownership:

1. Car is a f_cking rocket and a blast to drive. I'm an older driver (60s)who has owned many cars (mostly bmw, audi and honda) and this is the most exciting car of all of them.

2. Front hood does not fit exactly right (opens and closes oddly), needs adjustment.

3. All doors require a hard pull to close.

3. Slight rattle noise when driving from lower left of windshield. (future service visit)

4. Sometimes a significant squeaky sound when driving from near passenger side sun visor (where glass roof meets frame). (future service visit)

5. Fit of exterior panels is ok, but not up to bmw standards. (future discussion with tesla service)

6. Comfort and feel of the seats is good, but bottom of seat is not firm enough compared to my last bmw and my wife's audi.

7. Sound system is great - the best I have heard.

8. User interface of the control screen is good, but it's a huge change (from other cars) and will take time to be familiar. (note to self, relax and learn over time).

I'm going to enjoy the car for a week or so and then make an appointment with Tesla service to discuss the issues.

Cheers.

Snade

Attachments

• 20210325_190931.jpg
    20210325_190931.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210324_150215.jpg
    20210324_150215.jpg
    941.7 KB · Views: 60
They told me someone had the loaner Tesla reserved! LOL. Giving me a damn Camry they said. I'm driving mine straight there Monday morning. They will have it until "late Thursday or Friday morning" since I'm doing full frontal PPF, tint, and ceramic coating.
😂 I didn’t take the Tesla loaner! They had a couple of Landcruisers, and an X7, in there yesterday. I was going to send it there next week, but the delivery date got pulled up, so I asked them to squeeze me in. Luckily, they were able to accommodate! I’m having the same stuff done, if you are going to debadge, they can do it for you too!

View attachment 648062
Yeah that totally blows! Sorry to hear that. Hope they fix it just like new and fast!

Thanks all for this awesome forum and it’s news. I have enjoyed hearing of others experiences as I bide my time to get the car. I have scheduled my Model 3 Performance in Midnight Silver for delivery for Monday, 3/29 at 10am. I’ve taken off work a few days to inspect and enjoy. Like others, I really hope this build is a good one with little issues and if so can be resolved easily. I’m picking up in Dallas at the Cedar Springs Service Center. Does anyone have thoughts to share about their experience with the Center? My goal is to inspect for the big stuff while there and note, then take home, listen to some tunes and enjoy the Spring weather here we are having.

I kept my M3P order active just to see what’d happen. I still have no VIN and my delivery date vanished. Looks like I made the right call switching to MYP. Would’ve loved a 3 but they’re both incredible cars!

Granted I didn't have a Model Y P, just a regular dual motor. I hated the model Y. "hot new thing, so it must be better, bias", took over my brain. Sold it after 2 months, and I can't believe I ever bought it. Having owned two model 3's prior, the model 3 is by far the better vehicle to me and much more aligned to the personality of driving fun. If you truly like driving, get a model 3.

I'm still monitoring this thread as I try to avoid buying another tesla.. I actually gave up my delivery and VIN for this past monday to some lucky individual who likely moved way up in line. It's tough, because the purchase experience with every other manufacturer is so annoying and frustrating, that I've really thought of giving up and diving into the p3. Jack of all trades, do it all, great residual value, cheap fuel - very hard to deny.

Several people getting the "come get it early" call. I hope I get the same call. This afternoon I'll be doing round 2 of ninja moves... I mean, dry run to check traffic patterns. :cool:
Here in Dallas and did the same yesterday. My car arrived Thursday but delivery is scheduled on Sunday, so hope I get a call to come early... Don't know what it's like in Houston, but no ninja suit was necessary for my recon! The lot was so busy that they didn't even notice

Question for Everyone. My Delivery Date is tomorrow and just I received the Final Lending Agreement just a few hours ago. Can I wait until I see the car in person to sign these? Or is Tesla Expecting me to have that signed ASAP?

Thanks.