Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled for tomorrow at 11, thinking about stalking the showroom, TBrown you still have that ninja suit bud. I was told the cars are at a "undisclosed" parking lot but I'm thinking that bs from a SA. Anybody hear the same but was able to see their car before delivery
I’ve got it on loan. First stop today no success. Going again tomorrow afternoon.

1 day from deliver after being told “your car is not it’s way” on the 20th, I get delayed until the last day. Expectations just went down quite a bit, as I know they’ll be pushing out cars as fast as possible on the 31st.
View attachment 648439

When I picked mine up at Raleigh on the 25th it was insane there. The parking lot is COMPLETELY full, like it's hard to even drive around and leave the place. They said they were over 300 deliveries that week. Hopefully they get in you quick.

Just got a notification that opposed to picking my car up from the local delivery center tomorrow, Tesla changed it to home delivery. How has that gone for others who’ve done it? I was worried about providing feedback on any imperfections.

It was great! They called me as they left the Service center, to let me know when they would arrive.

There were two Tesla employees (the driver and one in a second Tesla). The guy in the second Tesla arrived first, and played boom box sounds for us while we waited. 😂 They had three other deliveries in the area that afternoon and were car pooling back to the SC.

Once the car arrived, they didn’t make me feel rushed at all. In fact, they were prepared to show me much more than I needed or wanted them to. Car was clean and aside from a few bugs on the front, was no worse for the wear.

After I finished giving it a good once over, they let me know I had three days and 100 miles to report anything I did find later.

Overall a very pleasant experience and actually saw TWO Tesla employees at the same time. 😉

Tim

Reactions: mmp151 and Primolak
After finally walking around the car in daylight opening all the doors, frunk, trunk I noticed some weather stripping missing on the trunk driver side. The passenger side wraps all the way around. Already have a mobile service to fix the headlights that are slightly misaligned. Added this to the mobile service. Also noticed the rear glass is slight misaligned from the front glass but will not report that as I figure will cause more issues down the road. Only noticed it cause I got the windows tinted yesterday and was inspecting that. After 3 days of ownership I'm 100% satisfied with the car with very minor issues.

20210326_180133.jpg

After finally walking around the car in daylight opening all the doors, frunk, trunk I noticed some weather stripping missing on the trunk driver side. The passenger side wraps all the way around. Already have a mobile service to fix the headlights that are slightly misaligned. Added this to the mobile service. Also noticed the rear glass is slight misaligned from the front glass but will not report that as I figure will cause more issues down the road. Only noticed it cause I got the windows tinted yesterday and was inspecting that. After 3 days of ownership I'm 100% satisfied with the car with very minor issues.

View attachment 648508
The weather strip you mentioned is by design for the 2021 to accommodate for the bigger strut used for the powered trunk. I have the same on mine.

Came back from stalking my car, panel gaps look good. The passenger door and all panels align really good. Tail lights and headlights and aligned perfect. I only see an issue with the spoiler and a few dirt marks on the driver seat.

Can't wait till tomorrow

Ps if you're wondering why I stalked my car, it's because the weather is supposed to be shitty. Wish I could pick it up today.

It was great! They called me as they left the Service center, to let me know when they would arrive.

There were two Tesla employees (the driver and one in a second Tesla). The guy in the second Tesla arrived first, and played boom box sounds for us while we waited. 😂 They had three other deliveries in the area that afternoon and were car pooling back to the SC.

Once the car arrived, they didn’t make me feel rushed at all. In fact, they were prepared to show me much more than I needed or wanted them to. Car was clean and aside from a few bugs on the front, was no worse for the wear.

After I finished giving it a good once over, they let me know I had three days and 100 miles to report anything I did find later.

Overall a very pleasant experience and actually saw TWO Tesla employees at the same time. 😉

Tim
Glad to hear this! I was worried about the same thing since I’m doing it tomorrow.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Just picked up. 2 minor issues, both immediately addressed by the service center.

1) Driver side rear window wasn’t sitting flush. This took a grand total of 2 minutes to fix and is now perfect.

2) Got 10 miles down the road and realized it’s pulling 2-3* right. Turned around and they are doing a full alignment right now. No questions. No BS. They just brought it right in and put it on the rack. (I’m actually sitting in the service center waiting on this now, so I’ll follow-up with the crew that it’s 100% fixed. I have faith; it’s a minor alignment issue)

All in all, car is basically flawless otherwise. No panel gap issues at all. Everything flush, tight, and right. Paint and wheels perfect.

A little miffed about the alignment, but in all fairness the car has 2miles on the odometer. Most cars on dealer lots have 50-100... I’m sure this happens during transit or off the assembly line from time to time and the dealer fixes it without you knowing because someone has actually driven the car. With 2mi on the OD, clearly nobody drove it so they wouldn’t have any idea. As long as I drive out with it fixed, it’s a great day. Car is otherwise amazing.

035AF049-AF4E-4DF4-90E5-D49611C0C23E.jpeg

Picked mine up in Raleigh. Two very small paint issues in inconspicuous areas that I can handle. The driver door alignment is not great but I have an appointment setup to fix that. Very pleased otherwise. As I was leaving a truckload of M3P’s showed up.

For anyone else picking up in Raleigh, be prepared - there was no where to park. The lot was FULL of cars and it was absolute pandemonium. (Was told they had 50 deliveries today).

Reactions: TBrownTX
Picked mine up in Raleigh. Two very small paint issues in inconspicuous areas that I can handle. The driver door alignment is not great but I have an appointment setup to fix that. Very pleased otherwise. As I was leaving a truckload of M3P’s showed up.

For anyone else picking up in Raleigh, be prepared - there was no where to park. The lot was FULL of cars and it was absolute pandemonium. (Was told they had 50 deliveries today).

Hah, yep, it was insane when I was there to. I had to fold the mirrors in for the wife in the truck and squeeze it through just so she could get out and leave. The employees there were awesome though. I already knew basically everything but she was more than willing to walk me through everything in the infotainment.

Got mine delivered today. I thought I was getting the Tesla, not the Spacex, because this is an absolute rocket. My new favorite thing is freeway underpass u-turns..

a couple alignment issues interior and exterior-should be easy fixes if I allow Mjöllnir out of my sight. Oddly enough the rear seat on the drivers side has some foam sticking out..

interesting issue, I couldn’t get the primary latch to fully close the frunk when I first opened it. Took apart the latch mechanism and everything looked ok and then hard reset the screen, not sure what fixed it but it’s fixed. Love this thing!!!!

Attachments

• EFA78CE9-A0F8-45C2-A65A-168DE9710A55.jpeg
    EFA78CE9-A0F8-45C2-A65A-168DE9710A55.jpeg
    508.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 5F4D4F71-F6F6-4162-9679-59DA47D5AEB0.jpeg
    5F4D4F71-F6F6-4162-9679-59DA47D5AEB0.jpeg
    497.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 89069706-3E0B-41D1-8C13-7B37BF46FD84.jpeg
    89069706-3E0B-41D1-8C13-7B37BF46FD84.jpeg
    373.6 KB · Views: 58
Got mine delivered today. I thought I was getting the Tesla, not the Spacex, because this is an absolute rocket.

I thought the same thing. I took my neighbors (early 70's) for a ride today and found a safe, isolated road and floored it.

They said it felt like being on a high-speed train in Europe - totally quiet, smooth and throws you back in your chair. They both laughed and said they felt the g-forces.