Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for everyone - when you report issues regarding panel alignment, etc. after taking delivery, I assume you just do that in the Service menu of the app, yes? And which category do you pick? Other?

I picked other, submitted pics and wrote a description. It automatically let me pick a day, which was today at noon and then says they'll figure out the price for service later. Once someone looked at the ticket I put in, they quoted 0$ and then had me move it to Tomorrow afternoon. You have to check the App to make sure you see the response. Your phone won't alert you that they have approved it or whatever. I just happen to open it and see a red dot under service.

Reactions: ubergeek
Okay for all of those who asked if you should get PPF right away. I decided to take mine straight into PPF/tint/coating (like I've only actually used my car for an hour haha). I scheduled a service appointment for a week from now from when I should get the car back to fix the trunk missing paint (that part wasn't going to be covered by PPF and I think they will see if anything else needs to be fixed.

Just a heads up, Tesla service says NOT to get it wrapped before your first service appointment. So I recommend, arrive on site, accept delivery, and immediately get your service appointment (or see if they can fix it right then) and then after the car is all good, take it into PPF.

I'm hoping they don't find any issue on parts covered in PPF or ceramic coating :( Also the PPF guys noticed some swirling of the paint too, which Tesla might have fixed for free, but I decided to just pay the PPF guys to fix.

I picked other, submitted pics and wrote a description. It automatically let me pick a day, which was today at noon and then says they'll figure out the price for service later. Once someone looked at the ticket I put in, they quoted 0$ and then had me move it to Tomorrow afternoon. You have to check the App to make sure you see the response. Your phone won't alert you that they have approved it or whatever. I just happen to open it and see a red dot under service.
Check your notification settings. I get notifications when they send messages to service request on my phone Galaxy Fold - Android.

Reactions: JDMerica
thank you JDM. I’ll have them fix.
20210329_203816.jpg

Ordered 1/31, VIN on 3/15, picked up on 3/26. All I can say is simply wow! She’s an absolute beauty and is so fun to drive. I’ve never owned a nice car by any stretch so this is a whole new world.

A few small issues I am getting serviced: small scratch on windshield down near the frunk, spoiler needs to be tightened on one side, and the weather stripping is missing around driver side of trunk.

This is so worth the wait though...

Attachments

• 0F4BFD0E-0B41-44AB-8D8D-2E8FC2F4660C.jpeg
    0F4BFD0E-0B41-44AB-8D8D-2E8FC2F4660C.jpeg
    917.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 55EE09E7-C4C2-4584-884A-BA181748239C.jpeg
    55EE09E7-C4C2-4584-884A-BA181748239C.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 389B3FE9-52ED-45DA-95A5-A5403BDEFA09.jpeg
    389B3FE9-52ED-45DA-95A5-A5403BDEFA09.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 6818AE67-90AA-4157-AF41-93FF99001E5D.jpeg
    6818AE67-90AA-4157-AF41-93FF99001E5D.jpeg
    587.2 KB · Views: 65
Ordered 1/31, VIN on 3/15, picked up on 3/26. All I can say is simply wow! She’s an absolute beauty and is so fun to drive. I’ve never owned a nice car by any stretch so this is a whole new world.

A few small issues I am getting serviced: small scratch on windshield down near the frunk, spoiler needs to be tightened on one side, and the weather stripping is missing around driver side of trunk.

This is so worth the wait though...

If it's the weather stripping by the actuator then it's probably normal. The spoiler ends not being perfect seem to be pretty common too. Seems like the carbon molds aren't perfect and they're just taped on so they're gonna pull up a bit at the ends.

IMG_3478.jpeg
Ordered 2/28 and delivered 3/27 in eastern PA. Finally home and a part of the family! It really is a rocketship, as soon as you think you're used to it, you get in the next day and it scares the s@#t out of you all over again. Looking forward to getting some more time with it on twisty roads and such next weekend, but feel too bad abusing it like that when it's this new. The first two rides I gave in it netted me 2000 supercharger miles 🥳. Very thankful to everyone in this thread for all the help and shared frustration, but also very happy to be "graduating" from it! See you guys around in some other threads.

Today is delivery day…again. I did get my paint protection stuff moved out s day. Also decided on getting my Ts and Dual Motor painted black.
Congratulations and good luck. I also have delivery today at 11:30am in Raleigh. Trading in my blue LR RWD for a Red/white M3P. I submitted the final payment yesterday evening. Have not heard a word from anything but an automated system. Hoping for the best!