Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to get more info on exactly what happened tomorrow from Service, but just to let all you M3P people who had a March 2021 build date know, mine had 2 faulty rear calipers and it caused rubbing on the drivers rear rotor to the point of vibrations and me thinking the car was falling apart on the highway. It WASN'T noticeable until I had been driving on the highway for a few minutes over 110km/h.

Vin 9144XX Suggest for anyone with a close VIN to take a drive around, not using the brakes, pull over and see if any of the rotors are hot. If they are, you have a caliper problem too and service might need to replace them.

I'll update when I hear back from service, but wanted people to know this was an issue. Also, they gave me a loaner S that's pin locked in Chill Mode... Lame. Feels slower than my 2017 Santa Fe.....

Thanks for the heads-up, my VIN is 9146XX, so fairly close. Look forward to your update.

Snade

Ok well this sucks... I finally got the same 2021.4.13 like the rest of you but I'm not happy at all. I lost Navigate on Autopilot and stop sign traffic control. It now says "These items are unavailable in your region". No change after a reboot either. Damnit, Tesla! This is what I get for $10k!? I guess Telsa giveth and Tesla taketh away. Off to file a service request. I love the car but honestly starting to hate the "Tesla experience".

Update: Service has no clue what is going on and escalated the case to their advanced team. ETA for the advanced team to even look at it is 10-12 days. Be cautious before updating! I just learned not to be excited by Tesla updates anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catman20009
Ok well this sucks... I finally got the same 2021.4.13 like the rest of you but I'm not happy at all. I lost Navigate on Autopilot and stop sign traffic control. It now says "These items are unavailable in your region". No change after a reboot either. Damnit, Tesla! This is what I get for $10k!? I guess Telsa giveth and Tesla taketh away. Off to file a service request. I love the car but honestly starting to hate the "Tesla experience".

Update: Service has no clue what is going on and escalated the case to their advanced team. ETA for the advanced team to even look at it is 10-12 days. Be cautious before updating! I just learned not to be excited by Tesla updates anymore.
I updated last night and all functionality is still there. Was driving to work today on “navigate on autopilot” without problems.

Ordered my M3 SR+ White on White on 4/4/2021, estimated delivery latest was 6/30/2021, just checked and was updated to 5/29-6/18
86ED7555-787D-408F-AF50-02500D67BBF0.png

how many times a day are you checking the delivery date on your order?
Pro tip: Tesla only delivers cars to the US in the last week of each quarter.

If you ordered in March you'll get your car on June 24th.
If you order in June you'll get your car on June 29th.
If you order on June 29th you'll get your car on June 30th.

Meanwhile your delivery date estimate will oscillate wildly and violently, changing formats and often disappearing altogether. It'll be absolutely wild and insane! But it's completely fake and meaningless. You'll get your car on June 24th and you'll like it.

just an FYI mobile service wouldn't fix the headlight misalignment and now have to take it in to service. glad this happened if it weren't for my kids in the car this weekend they noticed the two rear USBC ports would not charge. having them fix that as well this Friday. havent had any issues with the brakes. however there was some weird crackling noise in the passenger front mid speaker in the A pillar that went on for a good 5 min. went away after that and still havent had any issues with it for a few days but will keep an eye on it. overall car is amazing wont be buying another ICE car ever again

Pro tip: Tesla only delivers cars to the US in the last week of each quarter.

If you ordered in March you'll get your car on June 24th.
If you order in June you'll get your car on June 29th.
If you order on June 29th you'll get your car on June 30th.

Meanwhile your delivery date estimate will oscillate wildly and violently, changing formats and often disappearing altogether. It'll be absolutely wild and insane! But it's completely fake and meaningless. You'll get your car on June 24th and you'll like it.
Except for me. Got my M3P delivered in early March.

Tim

I have not verified this, but I've read elsewhere on this forum that Tesla is now manufacturing all right-hand drive Model 3s in China. That would free up some capacity in Fremont, as well as not requiring a shift in production from LHD to RHD and back. That might explain why I'm getting a delivery estimate that is sooner than expected (May 22nd - June 11th).

I have not verified this, but I've read elsewhere on this forum that Tesla is now manufacturing all right-hand drive Model 3s in China. That would free up some capacity in Fremont, as well as not requiring a shift in production from LHD to RHD and back. That might explain why I'm getting a delivery estimate that is sooner than expected (May 22nd - June 11th).
At the same time, they expanded to new countries, I expect as a result of that “freed up” capacity. Israel is one they recently announced.

Tim

Reactions: TheRFMan
I was wondering about this also, but if this were the case M3 VIN assignments and deliveries would have continued on instead of mostly stopping at the 1st of the quarter.