Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has been alternating between June 1-21, and this, which seems to be unique to me. Granted, very few M3Ps get sent to Canada, so I can see how getting an accurate estimate is going to be difficult.

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 7.34.55 PM.png

Ordered my M3 Performance on May 3, 2021. Initially the site said 6 to 9 weeks, then updated to actual dates. Then changed dates like five times, and now just says 6 to 9 weeks again with no dates. What gives?

Also, I've called my local Tesla store five times and left messages and never received a call back. So.......?

Ordered M3P in Red on 4/5. Just found this forum and see the best guess is they have a hockey stick end of quarter deliveries. I'm in NH but have to pickup in NJ so I'm still hopeful it won't be end of June. Order site has 5/30- 6/20. I've ordered all the things and watched all the YouTubes... This wait is brutal... I'm driving right to a detail shop for PPF and Ceramic so add another week after a 3 hour teaser drive.

My only glimmer of hope is Elon keeps annoying crypto twitter and there's a bunch of cancellations.

Ordered M3P in Red on 4/5. Just found this forum and see the best guess is they have a hockey stick end of quarter deliveries. I'm in NH but have to pickup in NJ so I'm still hopeful it won't be end of June. Order site has 5/30- 6/20. I've ordered all the things and watched all the YouTubes... This wait is brutal... I'm driving right to a detail shop for PPF and Ceramic so add another week after a 3 hour teaser drive.

My only glimmer of hope is Elon keeps annoying crypto twitter and there's a bunch of cancellations.
He’s def had me on the verge of cancelling all week

I have just ordered my third Tesla. First an S, then a Y, now a 3, and if there is one thing that I have learned from the waiting room forums and spreadsheets each time is this: don't expect delivery until the last few weeks of the quarter. They will give you all sorts of wild estimates that will get your hopes up. The closer you are to the factory, the closer your delivery is to the end of the quarter. If you order early in the quarter, you are just going to be waiting longer and frustrated. By my estimate, the best time to order is about 6 weeks before EOQ. Hence why I ordered this week. I fully expect to take delivery the last week of June, which is perfect timing for myself. Until I get the text saying to come pick up my car, I tune out the rest of the noise.

I have just ordered my third Tesla. First an S, then a Y, now a 3, and if there is one thing that I have learned from the waiting room forums and spreadsheets each time is this: don't expect delivery until the last few weeks of the quarter. They will give you all sorts of wild estimates that will get your hopes up. The closer you are to the factory, the closer your delivery is to the end of the quarter. If you order early in the quarter, you are just going to be waiting longer and frustrated. By my estimate, the best time to order is about 6 weeks before EOQ. Hence why I ordered this week. I fully expect to take delivery the last week of June, which is perfect timing for myself. Until I get the text saying to come pick up my car, I tune out the rest of the noise.
Isn’t waiting to place your order part of the wait and losing the lower price opportunity? Feels like ordering as early in the quarter to be a better strategy no?

Reactions: Jason1652
Isn’t waiting to place your order part of the wait and losing the lower price opportunity? Feels like ordering as early in the quarter to be a better strategy no?

That all depends. I have seen the price go both ways. It's a bit of a gamble. There was a price drop right before we ordered our Model Y, which helped nudge me to pull the trigger. On the flip side, when I bought my S there was a price drop right after I took delivery. It can go either way, but at least by ordering closer to the end of the quarter the period of uncertainty is shorter.