Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up to a text from Tesla and I got really excited!! Until I actually read it…

“Tesla Update - Have you considered trading in a vehicle with your upcoming Tesla purchase? Trade-In values are at all-time highs and we can provide a great quote with an effortless trade-in process. We can accept both Tesla and non-Tesla trades and many states will provide a discount on your sales tax for trading in. To see what you could receive for your potential trade, submit for a trade estimate at tesla.com/tradein and click "Accept". If you would like to move forward, respond "TRADE" to this text and an advisor will be in touch to help you move forward with the process.”

Such a tease…. Oh and I got pushed another day 24th - 30th now
Lol. Same thing happened to me yesterday. I was so excited to get a text thinking it was my VIN. What a let down.

I had a few offers slightly better than Tesla, but the incentive on taxes when trading is just too good here. I am just amazed the M4 holds so well on resale. Now the question is whether an M3P is a suitable replacement.
I was out of warranty and had zero issues with mine but I know around my mileage you start hitting the sensor, vacuum issues, etc. and it's $1000 a visit no matter (and I have a great local mechanic here) ... I consider myself an enthusiast and had a Dinan X pipe and exhaust on mine and will miss the beautiful racket of that engine and being able to break the rear loose whenever I wanted but I drove the M3P for the 30 minutes and got out of that car amazed and with a huge smile .... I rode it hard and it actually was at a level of my M4 for handling if not better (as I couldn't quite get the tesla to let the rear go) ... I'll miss the chaos of my M4 but the stability and performance of the M3P got me hooked ...

I was out of warranty and had zero issues with mine but I know around my mileage you start hitting the sensor, vacuum issues, etc. and it's $1000 a visit no matter (and I have a great local mechanic here) ... I consider myself an enthusiast and had a Dinan X pipe and exhaust on mine and will miss the beautiful racket of that engine and being able to break the rear loose whenever I wanted but I drove the M3P for the 30 minutes and got out of that car amazed and with a huge smile .... I rode it hard and it actually was at a level of my M4 for handling if not better (as I couldn't quite get the tesla to let the rear go) ... I'll miss the chaos of my M4 but the stability and performance of the M3P got me hooked ...
It sounds like a nice M4. I will definitely miss mine, but worst case I just sell the M3P and buy a BMW M3. I will miss being able to drive a manual transmission before they are extinct. Now all I need is for Tesla to figure out how to deliver a car without destroying it. Lol. I am going to be waiting more than five months.

Reactions: Carbon916
June 3 re-order here (went from LR to P). Initial date was 6/19-6/30, now 7/19-8/8. An exact spec match demo came available today locally with under 1,000 mi but only $300ish off MSRP. That said it may have radar and lumbar (I’ve asked online and they directed to an SA but haven’t heard back yet). Would you all switch to a 1k mi demo for effectively the same price?

June 3 re-order here (went from LR to P). Initial date was 6/19-6/30, now 7/19-8/8. An exact spec match demo came available today locally with under 1,000 mi but only $300ish off MSRP. That said it may have radar and lumbar (I’ve asked online and they directed to an SA but haven’t heard back yet). Would you all switch to a 1k mi demo for effectively the same price?
Yes, if the demo is in good shape.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Yes, if the demo is in good shape.
Imagine what would happen if you decline the demo, wait months for a "new" one and then the "new" one has defects and you have to refuse it. No thanks! Not worth it.

I’m annoyed that my “new” delivery tomorrow states the car has 19 miles on the odometer🤷‍♂️
so that would be a no for me… 😂

It sounds like a nice M4. I will definitely miss mine, but worst case I just sell the M3P and buy a BMW M3. I will miss being able to drive a manual transmission before they are extinct. Now all I need is for Tesla to figure out how to deliver a car without destroying it. Lol. I am going to be waiting more than five months.
I was thinking of trading my F80 M3 6spd on an Model 3 but ended up doing so on a GT350, and leveraging the M3P as an upgrade to my fiancé’s old car. Win-win - 8250RPM flat plane crank V8 6speed mated with an electric rocket for commute and road trips.

Unless you get lucky, a 6/3 order might get delivered in mid September. Can you wait 3 months?

Do the 18" fit with the Performance brakes? Keep hearing the clearing is really tight.

Says they fit the performance

Reactions: Red Leader NH
Duuude... not cool. I was over here thinking how big is the Freemont site if this thing has 19 miles on the ticker? Now I'm imagining my baby in a fast n furious movie.... I feel like it's xmas eve and the day before a bad dentist appointment at the same time. Ugh I just want my car.
How many laps around that test track do you think 19 miles gets you? :)

• Funny
Reactions: Red Leader NH
I just got a text saying that it's my turn to schedule delivery! I was SO excited, and then I went to the scheduling website to see that there are no appointments available, and to check back tomorrow.

I'm fine waiting until tomorrow to check... but now I'm going to be so excited that I won't be able to sleep until I have the car!
I had the same issue. Call the support line and they will schedule the next available time. Good luck.