Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They dropped off my new black M3P this morning!! Looks nice! No uneven panel gaps that I can see.
But I can't unlock it because I can't get the online payment to work :(

(this is in Rancho Palos Verdes in southern LA County, ordered 4/22)
Can you reach out to delivery center, either Buena Park or maybe even Marina del Rey? Maybe they can walk you through the process over the phone.
Or...try the "chat" option on the order page and someone will call you back.
Congrats and good luck :)

Reactions: nickcut
*BOOM*

1623689850148.png

Can you reach out to delivery center, either Buena Park or maybe even Marina del Rey? Maybe they can walk you through the process over the phone.
Or...try the "chat" option on the order page and someone will call you back.
Congrats and good luck :)
I think it’s because I want to split payment between two accounts but neither have enough on their own to cover the full amount. That’s my hunch at least. The error is nothing more than “something went wrong, try again later”.

Reactions: Wood1030
I think it’s because I want to split payment between two accounts but neither have enough on their own to cover the full amount. That’s my hunch at least. The error is nothing more than “something went wrong, try again later”.
I see. It seems like you may have to speak with a human person at Tesla (or your bank) to resolve this one. Good luck.
P.S. it's gotta be frustrating to have your brand new Baby right there in front of you and not being able to get in it and drive 😫

Reactions: nickcut
Just received a call from my SA (shout out Maya). She "GPS'd" my car and said it's on a train on its way to Chicago right now. Estimated delivery to Chicago is 6/18. She said I should expect a text to schedule my delivery "if not today, likely tomorrow", and I would likely be able to schedule delivery for Saturday, June 19th. Current EDD on the Tesla site shows as 6/15-6/21 for reference.

The spooky thing is, my friend that purchased his M3P last year, also took delivery in Chicago on 6/19/2020... spooky. 😇

Because I'm taking delivery of my car in Illinois, but the car will be registered in Michigan, I wanted to make sure that the delivery center would not be installing any type of front license plate bracket. My SA said that she would put a note on my account to make sure when they receive the car they will not install any bracket for a front plate. Has anyone had any issues with the delivery center installing the front license bracket when it isn't required? Does the front plate bracket require any drilling in the front bumper?

Crossing my fingers for a 6/19 delivery as an early Father's Day present. :cool:

Just received a call from my SA (shout out Maya). She "GPS'd" my car and said it's on a train on its way to Chicago right now. Estimated delivery to Chicago is 6/18. She said I should expect a text to schedule my delivery "if not today, likely tomorrow", and I would likely be able to schedule delivery for Saturday, June 19th. Current EDD on the Tesla site shows as 6/15-6/21 for reference.

The spooky thing is, my friend that purchased his M3P last year, also took delivery in Chicago on 6/19/2020... spooky. 😇

Because I'm taking delivery of my car in Illinois, but the car will be registered in Michigan, I wanted to make sure that the delivery center would not be installing any type of front license plate bracket. My SA said that she would put a note on my account to make sure when they receive the car they will not install any bracket for a front plate. Has anyone had any issues with the delivery center installing the front license bracket when it isn't required? Does the front plate bracket require any drilling in the front bumper?

Crossing my fingers for a 6/19 delivery as an early Father's Day present. :cool:
I don't think Tesla will default to installing a bracket on your bumper, unless maybe if you request it. There are plenty of License plate touchless brackets available, from cheap, ie:
...to expensive, like over $100.
Just check Amazon

Reactions: Waltamobile
I don't think Tesla will default to installing a bracket on your bumper, unless maybe if you request it. There are plenty of License plate touchless brackets available, from cheap, ie:
...to expensive, like over $100.
Just check Amazon
Thanks, that's good to hear.

Since a front plate is required in Illinois, but is not required in Michigan, I wanted to make sure they wouldn't install the unneeded front plate bracket on my car before delivery.

Fingers crossed for a smooth delivery this weekend. 🤞

Thanks, that's good to hear.

Since a front plate is required in Illinois, but is not required in Michigan, I wanted to make sure they wouldn't install the unneeded front plate bracket on my car before delivery.

Fingers crossed for a smooth delivery this weekend. 🤞
I hear you. I have the same concern in California too, where front plate is required but not always enforced... basically, luck of the draw by Law. Same with window tinting.

I see. It seems like you may have to speak with a human person at Tesla (or your bank) to resolve this one. Good luck.
P.S. it's gotta be frustrating to have your brand new Baby right there in front of you and not being able to get in it and drive 😫
Yep, someone from the showroom called me back, took my account info and payment is now in processing! Woo hoo!

Not too impressed with whatever wash job they did as there are now visible micro-scratches... that's the only problem with black cars, it's near impossible to not have it show swirl marks. Oh well, I have the tools & experience to paint correct so I'll be doing that soon.

This is how I found my car after transport. I wished I could have driven it away right then there there! Unfortunaltey you have to wait for prep. And beyond that they curbed a wheel while prepping, which caused my delivery to be delayed by 10 days. I did not die, but it was a long extra 10 days.

Tim

View attachment 673246View attachment 673247View attachment 673248View attachment 673249
I didn't realize Tesla was still producing Model 3s with the older interior door panels.