Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received a call from my SA (shout out Maya). She "GPS'd" my car and said it's on a train on its way to Chicago right now. Estimated delivery to Chicago is 6/18. She said I should expect a text to schedule my delivery "if not today, likely tomorrow", and I would likely be able to schedule delivery for Saturday, June 19th. Current EDD on the Tesla site shows as 6/15-6/21 for reference.

The spooky thing is, my friend that purchased his M3P last year, also took delivery in Chicago on 6/19/2020... spooky. 😇

Because I'm taking delivery of my car in Illinois, but the car will be registered in Michigan, I wanted to make sure that the delivery center would not be installing any type of front license plate bracket. My SA said that she would put a note on my account to make sure when they receive the car they will not install any bracket for a front plate. Has anyone had any issues with the delivery center installing the front license bracket when it isn't required? Does the front plate bracket require any drilling in the front bumper?

Crossing my fingers for a 6/19 delivery as an early Father's Day present. :cool:

Congrats, the front bracket is held on by double-sided tape. I too last year asked them not to put it on here in Chicago and they just left it in the trunk bin for me. Should be no problem. Enjoy!

Reactions: Waltamobile
I ordered my Red/white M3 S+ on 5/12... no VIN yet and they keep teasing me with my ETA. First it was early june... then it went to 7/4-7/24, then over the weekend it changed to 6/15-6/23 ( I got really excited) and now it went back to 7/4-7/24.
I‘m in Los Angeles... anyone with a similar order date have a VIN yet?

I was able to schedule my delivery date today! 25th, 26th and 27th were the days to choose from… so obviously I kept trying to click the 15th but it wouldn’t let me for some reason… 😝 so the 25th it is… is asking for bank account info for final payment but I’d rather bring a certified check just in case there are any issues. Has anyone had the price change much from the exact amount specified on the website once they took delivery?

Reactions: Doge-1
DFDD9FA2-F2A3-44CD-A2A6-5B8CF00E172A.png

hey has anyone gotten their scheduled pick up day moved like mine 3 days and then they were able to pick up earlier?
I scheduled for the 14th then they said it wouldn't be there and moved me to the 17th. I cant wait to get the car, like everyone here, but would like to pick it up on the 16th but no one answers the phone when I call. leaving a message , well I tried that three weeks ago still waiting on that follow up call...

So I ordered my M3P on May 26th of last month. My delivery date was June 10th to the 30th. Each day it got pushed back one day. Until 2 days ago it changed till end of July to August.. My coworker literally ordered the same exact car today. Same car. And had a Vin issued a couple hours later and delivery for next week.

What is going on here??

So I ordered my M3P on May 26th of last month. My delivery date was June 10th to the 30th. Each day it got pushed back one day. Until 2 days ago it changed till end of July to August.. My coworker literally ordered the same exact car today. Same car. And had a Vin issued a couple hours later and delivery for next week.

What is going on here??
65479BAE-6AF8-4F18-A6A8-7E9DCFCD65CA.jpeg

Some food for thought - so apparently that "virtual team" from Tesla was accurate about my car being built and shipped. Although I didn't get my VIN until the car reached the dealership, they were spot on regarding arrival date. YMMV but if they call you, extract all the info you can out of them.

Reactions: Wood1030