Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an update from the Scottsdale center that my Model 3 arrived but needs more time. I was previously set up to pickup the car tomorrow but it sounds like it won't be ready until 6/28. 😟 Has me wondering what type of defects it had when they rolled it off the truck?

Yep, mine is tomorrow :cool:

It wasn't the best weather today, in fact, it was painfully craptacular - but a pretty amazing day anyway - thanks to my SA for standing the rain while we sat in the car :)

Holy hell, I'm a bit floored, this is way beyond the experience I expected.

I realize I'm just a 1/2 day into ownership, but it's just spectacular, even in the rain/wet, it's so assertively quick, it's like a slot car, press, and you're there. I instantly acclimated to the center display being the single car information mechanism (software dev/architect, so an information dense tablet type display made instance sense).

I don't think I realized how much information is communicated in real time in terms of other vehicles, signs, cones, etc., it's amazing.

FWIW, mine seems to be completely issue free in terms of F&F/build. The white interior is stunning, especially with the medium-dark gray (uhh, "silver") exterior, super happy about the color choice. The little hint of red with the calipers is perfect.

OK, whew, were on a one day break from a 21 day burn, you know Dad's Day, so first beer in 2 weeks - so I guess everything enjoy the rest of the weekend, I'll have pics, more comment, etc., through the course of the week.

It wasn't the best weather today, in fact, it was painfully craptacular - but a pretty amazing day anyway - thanks to my SA for standing the rain while we sat in the car :)

I realize I'm just a 1/2 day into ownership, but it's just spectacular, even in the rain/wet, it's so assertively quick, it's like a slot car, press, and you're there. I instantly acclimated to the center display being the single car information mechanism (software dev/architect, so an information dense tablet type display made instance sense).

I don't think I realized how much information is communicated in real time in terms of other vehicles, signs, cones, etc., it's amazing.

FWIW, mine seems to be completely issue free in terms of F&F/build. The white interior is stunning, especially with the medium-dark gray (uhh, "silver") exterior, super happy about the color choice. The little hint of red with the calipers is perfect.

OK, whew, were on a one day break from a 21 day burn, you know Dad's Day, so first beer in 2 weeks - so I guess everything enjoy the rest of the weekend, I'll have pics, more comment, etc., through the course of the week.
So happy to hear your build quality is great 👍

I'm new to the waiting room and TMC. After reading tons of posts, I settled on the M3P over the LR AWD. Just placed my order today (June 20, 2021) for my M3P with black paint, black interior, and FSD. Estimated delivery is 1-12 weeks, which is amusing but not all that helpful. Can't wait to get in the car!

Reactions: itsel3ctric
I'm new to the waiting room and TMC. After reading tons of posts, I settled on the M3P over the LR AWD. Just placed my order today (June 20, 2021) for my M3P with black paint, black interior, and FSD. Estimated delivery is 1-12 weeks, which is amusing but not all that helpful. Can't wait to get in the car!
I’d you want to keep you sanity just ignore the numbers and don’t check it until you get a text or email. If you’re craY like everyone else be prepared for the roller coaster and welcome aboard

• Funny
Reactions: play150
Guys just hit the 300mile mark today shes a blast to drive, be careful out there had my first hater. Dont know what set him off but he came after me on an interstate on ramp hahaha (truck pulling a trailer) just walked off and left him. I tried to get away without speeding to much he followed me across 5 lanes and back again till I let him get beside me so I could flip him off and he tried to run me off the road at that time, as I exited the interstate. BE CAREFUL .

A008284B-5924-45F7-8E20-CD68E9BC6335.jpeg
4BBD085E-49C4-4349-B189-C7ADC997A76F.jpeg
B669168B-58BA-481B-AC31-0E3ACEBA2E10.jpeg
87C2EE6E-4EA8-46C4-A1CD-CDE942445567.jpeg
Well everyone it's official my car has been delivered and I can say that the car is pretty clean, also saw a hella clean Audi R8 in Artesia, CA after picking up the M3P

Scheduled to take delivery of mine this Wednesday! really excited, still have to finalize the financing piece but should be good to go!

Following delivery -

Ceramic coating has been on my mind - with all the cars I've owned, I've surprisingly not done this before but really thinking about pulling the trigger for this car.

Not a huge fan of the turbine wheels - looking to replace with a 19" or 20" flow forged, really liking the HRE FF11, only downside is that apparently only comes in 20"

Love reading this! Since we're both (soon to be) 4XE and M3 owners, now the question is....which one do you like driving better!?! :)

Love reading this! Since we're both (soon to be) 4XE and M3 owners, now the question is....which one do you like driving better!?! :)

Good question, it's so early into our Tesla ownership, it's hard to say, but since they're such a different experience, and have such different capabilities, features, I suspect be largely driven by what we're doing.

Also, our plan is to keep the top off the 4xe 95% of the time, we removed it after a few weeks and it had been off for for several weeks until __last__ week, when we were down a car, and were expecting a ton of bad weather. So it went into Foul Weather Mode. We have a hoist installed in the garage, so removing/storing the hardtop is pretty easy, but it's not something you'd want to do constantly.

The Jeep is SUPER fun, top off, cruising down to the beach, using the "4x4 Only" back entrance, SUP board loaded up, that's a heck of a day. It has lots of ground clearance, can easily crawl over a curb, deal with 24+ inches of water.

Zipping around town on a few errands on a hot, humid day, I think the M3 is going to be terrific, and certainly for any major road trips (unless the destination is a "Jeep thing", plus the insane performance, if it's just about the driving, I think the M3 will be my "go to".

The wife and I were talking last night, and we both LOVE the mix of the two, they have some overlap with xEV, 4-door, 4/5 passenger, but then deviate wildly on other aspects.

I picked it up today, been a long day. The car looked great had a weird thing going on with the two brake lights. driver side/charge port side appeared to be out a little but lined up good with the deck lid and the passenger side was so tight in it had chipped the deck lid in transport. they fixed the paint while I waited and said they would call when a fix for the light was available. They shot me free connectivity for a year and told me they would give me $300 for hazards like road hazard etc. that would not expire. They were really good nice and helpful just seemed like everyone was back and forth to many hands in the pot not knowing exactly what the other was doing but overall a excellent experience! They let me take the red one out for lunch in Charlotte while they fixed the chip. it was also a M3P. Great day what a freaking ROCKET! Tesla win overall 5 stars.View attachment 674577
picking up my red/black M3P on Friday in CLT...cant wait!