Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a conservative Tesla driver, I totally get this.

The Tesla does look pretty odd parked w/ all the pickup trucks at the range! “Hey guys, hang on while I grab my AR out of the trunk” said very few Tesla Drivers ever.

Also +1 on the dog, what’s not to like here?

Tim
As a registered independent I’ll never understand how things like EVs, climate change, pandemics, vaccines etc become political agendas or ideologies. I guess it’s because big corporations who actually run the parties (both of the parties) like to make people believe these are political issues by skewing facts and data in the name of sheer, unadulterated greed. Then they contact their “media” outlets to spoon feed the nonsense to the masses and it becomes part of someone’s political identity.

I just don’t know why anyone actually believes this nonsense. EVs and renewable energy are clearly the future. The pandemic is real. Vaccines work and are arguably the biggest single advancement in the history of mankind. We wouldn’t be the species we are without them. Science is only replaced by better science. Don’t make it political. Science doesn’t care what you believe.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Well ladies and gents, my watch ended yesterday after picking up Watson. Only issue I could see was a few paint defects. (Drips at the bottom of the rockers, Pass. door paint defect). It seems like otherwise the panel gap and all of the other usual suspects were good on my car.

Best of luck to those of you still waiting on VINs and collecting your car. The dates may shift but the wait is oh so worth it!

Hi all. Just joined. I ordered my Model 3 Performance in April and just received it last week. Delivery took approximately 9 weeks. Blue with white interior. Thrilled to finally be a part of the Tesla family. Here are pics of the precious...

Attachments

• IMG_4651.JPG
    IMG_4651.JPG
    969.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4649.JPG
    IMG_4649.JPG
    956.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4650.JPG
    IMG_4650.JPG
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 78
Are they fixing this? Or did it come off.
Yea, I made my appointment to have it addressed before I left the delivery center. I won't know what the resolution is until my appointment in early July.

I didn't attempt to remove the defect myself as it looks like the depth is well below the rest of the paint level. It looks like something may have rubbed against the door while it was still drying from the paint booth.

Yea, I made my appointment to have it addressed before I left the delivery center. I won't know what the resolution is until my appointment in early July.

I didn't attempt to remove the defect myself as it looks like the depth is well below the rest of the paint level. It looks like something may have rubbed against the door while it was still drying from the paint booth.
Sorry to hear :(

hope it works out!

Reactions: TheF3Z
Well ladies and gents, my watch ended yesterday after picking up Watson. Only issue I could see was a few paint defects. (Drips at the bottom of the rockers, Pass. door paint defect). It seems like otherwise the panel gap and all of the other usual suspects were good on my car.

Best of luck to those of you still waiting on VINs and collecting your car. The dates may shift but the wait is oh so worth it!
Is that Raintree? If so, that's where I am picking mine up Saturday.

I just checked. It's not my car, unfortunately. They were delivering a ton of cars, though, and the offsite staging lot was full to the brim of Teslas, including a handful of Plaid Model Ss.

[edit: I had this response in my drafts, I thought you had posted a pic]

Wow, that's a nice big delivery area, the covered spaces would've been nice on Sunday. Our service center was a touch cramped, they had deliveries packed in side-by-side o_O

I was shocked at how many people were picking up on a Sunday, there were two next to mine (nobody there yet), a guy on the other side that drove away while we waited and they rolled like 4 or 5 more out of the service center!

Hi F3Z,
Where exactly is that paint issue? Do you have a picture showing the whole area? It seems most of the paint issues and panel problems are on white M3P’s lately…..of course that’s what I ordered 😩

I think I figured out Tesla’s mindset approach to shipping out cars with an utter lack of QC. They’re figuring that if we’ve waited 1-3 months for the car that we’ll accept it no matter what the flaws are. I won’t use that certain finger emoji here in response to that because I’m sure I’ll get kicked out.
@tbrownTX….. I know, right?!

Reactions: TBrownTX
Picked up my red M3P today, so pumped. Delivery experience was super easy and painless. Most importantly, no visible flaws or issues all around. Really really impressed with the ride, handling, performance, and the audio system. More impressions to come, even have the wall charger set up already!

Attachments

• 4AD6063B-F760-427E-8070-32D4BAAEF8C2.jpeg
    4AD6063B-F760-427E-8070-32D4BAAEF8C2.jpeg
    883.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 43AB0789-09AB-4449-AAE8-1740877B2DBC.jpeg
    43AB0789-09AB-4449-AAE8-1740877B2DBC.jpeg
    706.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 6C86EBBA-7FFA-4110-BBC8-3B24579D4E6C.jpeg
    6C86EBBA-7FFA-4110-BBC8-3B24579D4E6C.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 75874511-F442-427C-BBF3-086AE2F407B8.jpeg
    75874511-F442-427C-BBF3-086AE2F407B8.jpeg