Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I almost forgot to post back here. I finally picked up my 2021 Model 3 Performance in blue with white interior this past Saturday. Coming from a 2018 Model 3 Long Range RWD, it's a nice upgrade. It's a beast from a stop. At speed, I couldn't initially tell that it was that much faster than my LR RWD until I started glancing down at the speedometer - it certainly is quicker, it's just such a nice and quiet ride that I just didn't notice it was picking up speed that quickly.

IMG_2590 copy.jpg

The interior is also a nice upgrade compared to the 2018. The refreshed center console is higher quality than the glossy 2018 version, and the Made in China front doors are a nice touch. Also, the interior is amazing in white (my 2018 was a first production run build, white was not an option then).

My friend, Jessica Kirsh, live-streamed the delivery and first drive experience on YouTube:

There were a couple of paint defects in the trunk and in the driver side door. The trunk ones I didn't mind as much, but the driver side door ones make it look like the door is dented from certain angles (it is not), but I didn't catch that on delivery day. Oh well, the car is getting paint correction, PPF, tint, and ceramic coating at the moment. We'll see if paint correction takes care of it.

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_2592 copy.jpg

I almost forgot to post back here. I finally picked up my 2021 Model 3 Performance in blue with white interior this past Saturday. Coming from a 2018 Model 3 Long Range RWD, it's a nice upgrade. It's a beast from a stop. At speed, I couldn't initially tell that it was that much faster than my LR RWD until I started glancing down at the speedometer - it certainly is quicker, it's just such a nice and quiet ride that I just didn't notice it was picking up speed that quickly.

View attachment 679898
The interior is also a nice upgrade compared to the 2018. The refreshed center console is higher quality than the glossy 2018 version, and the Made in China front doors are a nice touch. Also, the interior is amazing in white (my 2018 was a first production run build, white was not an option then).

My friend, Jessica Kirsh, live-streamed the delivery and first drive experience on YouTube:

There were a couple of paint defects in the trunk and in the driver side door. The trunk ones I didn't mind as much, but the driver side door ones make it look like the door is dented from certain angles (it is not), but I didn't catch that on delivery day. Oh well, the car is getting paint correction, PPF, tint, and ceramic coating at the moment. We'll see if paint correction takes care of it.

View attachment 679897

View attachment 679899
Congrats! 🎉🏎👍🏽😎

Mine was delivered to my home yesterday. I wasn't there when it was dropped off. I didn't sign anything or see anyone

It is covered in bird droppings and tree sap / pitch. There are some small defects that need to be addressed, but nothing major.

Honestly, had I been home, I would have refused delivery of the car in that condition. I'm sure it will clean up well -- at my expense.

But, at this point I am completely done dealing with this company. This is my 3rd try, and the 2nd in 4 months. This has just been a terrible experience and I don't want the car anymore. I asked Tesla about returning the car given the fact that I was not home to refuse it. They basically told me to pound sand.

If anyone has any advice as to where the best place is to sell a brand new 2021 P3D MSM/Black I am all ears.

Glad to hear there are many others with better outcomes! Congrats to all on your new cars.

So the car is fine and they conveniently delivered it to your house... give the car a chance bud. Obviously you really wanted it at some point. MSM is a slick color too, let's see some pics.

Reactions: TBrownTX
So the car is fine and they conveniently delivered it to your house... give the car a chance bud. Obviously you really wanted it at some point. MSM is a slick color too, let's see some pics.
Yes, I agree with your sentiment. However, I did pay an additional $750 to have it delivered. Maybe I'm expecting too much. Anyway, I am just fed up with how this company operates. I promise to not post any more negative comments on this thread. ;-)

I have an appointment at my closest service center (~2hrs) to have all of the issues corrected prior to putting it up for sale. That is in 2+ weeks. I hope to cool down / change my mind about it by then.

Yes, I agree with your sentiment. However, I did pay an additional $750 to have it delivered. Maybe I'm expecting too much. Anyway, I am just fed up with how this company operates. I promise to not post any more negative comments on this thread. ;-)

I have an appointment at my closest service center (~2hrs) to have all of the issues corrected prior to putting it up for sale. That is in 2+ weeks. I hope to cool down / change my mind about it by then.

Yep it sure is a “unique” experience - ownership that is. Definitely a lot of trade offs to consider, and service is a big one. Hope you end up happy, whichever path you choose!

Tim

Mine was delivered to my home yesterday. I wasn't there when it was dropped off. I didn't sign anything or see anyone

It is covered in bird droppings and tree sap / pitch. There are some small defects that need to be addressed, but nothing major.

Honestly, had I been home, I would have refused delivery of the car in that condition. I'm sure it will clean up well -- at my expense.

But, at this point I am completely done dealing with this company. This is my 3rd try, and the 2nd in 4 months. This has just been a terrible experience and I don't want the car anymore. I asked Tesla about returning the car given the fact that I was not home to refuse it. They basically told me to pound sand.

If anyone has any advice as to where the best place is to sell a brand new 2021 P3D MSM/Black I am all ears.

Glad to hear there are many others with better outcomes! Congrats to all on your new cars.
Just make sure you do not drive the car. Leave it exactly where they left it. You didn't take delivery if you did not sign paperwork and have not driven it. Shouldn't even unlock it if you haven't already. Call them every day and let them know that THEIR car is parked outside your house. They will come get it.

Reactions: hcdavis3
might be a dumb question how do you guys find your SA? are you assigned one in your account?
For me at least, I had to call Tesla where they then instructed my SA to reach out to me--that was one of the very few times where he actually reached out to me or responded to any inquiry. He's been horrible/ass and seldom responds; so I called my delivery center where I've had a much better experience with an individual from there and has definitely aided in at least not making me completely dread dealing with Tesla. The person from my delivery center has essentially become my SA as my "assigned one" has been a complete waste of time for me.

TLDR: Call your delivery center/ask, otherwise they will reach out to you when you get a VIN assigned to schedule delivery (or they should at that point anyway).

It is my opinion that the SAs lone job is to play defense for Tesla by doing the following:

1) Telling you to check your login for a vin
2) Hiding from you
3) Telling you it’s coming sometime in the dates as outlined when you bought

Good things?

1) You don’t actually need the SA beyond getting the keycard for the test drive
2) The vast majority of cars are delivered in the “x-y weeks” range you saw when you ordered.

Tesla makes some deliveries throughout a quarter and then a massive push at quarters end. Expect most cars within the final 3w of the quarter in which delivery was targeted by your “x-y weeks” range.

It is my opinion that the SAs lone job is to play defense for Tesla by doing the following:

1) Telling you to check your login for a vin
2) Hiding from you
3) Telling you it’s coming sometime in the dates as outlined when you bought

Good things?

1) You don’t actually need the SA beyond getting the keycard for the test drive
2) The vast majority of cars are delivered in the “x-y weeks” range you saw when you ordered.

Tesla makes some deliveries throughout a quarter and then a massive push at quarters end. Expect most cars within the final 3w of the quarter in which delivery was targeted by your “x-y weeks” range.
My SA has been great. The only days he doesn’t get back to me are his days off.

Just to give a little more perspective--if I was forced to exclusively rely on my on my "assigned" SA, I would've 100% canceled this car and probably never looked in the direction of this company again. That's how horrible my experience has been with him.

I'm still hanging on though, albeit begrudgingly.