Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One concern of mine with AB on the LR is that, yes, you get the improved 0-60, but from what I've read and seen on YouTube videos, the general consensus is you don't get that full useable torque at all speeds. Meaning it's boosted down low but not across the entire spectrum. It still feels worth it for a cheap upgrade compared to the work you'd have to do to an ICE for similar 50hp gains, though.

In my experience it's exactly the opposite. When you add AB to the LR it makes it equal the P other than under 60. Yes the boost makes it faster from a stop but it makes it much faster on the highway and higher up passing speeds. This is why you'll often see roll races on YouTube between the P and a boosted LR and it's nearly identical. I've modded many cars in my life and no mod was as huge as tapping that button on the Tesla app. Enjoy!

Reactions: DRTII
It is a staggering difference that transforms how the entire car feels at nearly every speed. If someone doesn't realize it then rigor mortis has surely set in. I've run several 3.4x 0-60s with the boost.
Have watched a few youtube video's on it because I was thinking of going that route but really wanted the performance. Everything I saw it looked totally worth the money though.

Reactions: phantasms
Has anyone else received NO communication from tesla after your order (other than a generic Thanks for your order email)? If so, did you just call the nearest sales office to connect with an SA? TIA.
Same. Met my SA on the phone Monday after I received a VIN and called in. He went ahead and scheduled my delivery date anticipating last off the train/truck, etc with the expectation that it will move up if things happen more quickly.

Reactions: DocHolliday
So to give some further insight: I ordered 6/16 and got my VIN 7/26 - that day, my EDD was 8/5-8/11. Then it went to 8/4 - 8/11 then 8/3 - 8/11 and then 8/2 - 8/11. At that point, I got an email to set my delivery date. Only option was to set it for 8/11.

Now it's 8/3 and just called my SA because I need to take a trip out of town and needed to pin this down a bit closer. My car is currently sitting at a rail yard in Chicago. Kansas City service center (where I will pick up) expects the car this Thursday 8/5 so they can "maybe" deliver to me 8/6.

Sharing this so everyone can clearly see that when the EDD was 8/2 - 8/11 (with a VIN) that there was no possible way it was getting delivered early in that range. So even AFTER getting a VIN assigned and fully paying for the car, the EDD is still completely unreliable. Don't even bother. Just wait for your email to come through at each stage of the process and ignore the dates or it will drive you nuts. :cool:

So here’s an update from my end. Casually kept telling myself I’ll be ok with waiting, since I already have a DD…… let’s just say I have a case of the “delivery waiting bug”

My timeline is as follows:
7/27 - Ordered LR White/Black no FSD (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
7/29 - Order change to Performance White/Black no FSD

EDD since the change has been from 8/14-9/01 to now 08/18-09/04

During the wait I have ordered:
- 18” TSportline TSS (Space Gray) w/ Pilot Sport AS4
- Abstract Ocean mud flaps
- TeslaShields Floor Mats
- Jeda Hub 2021
- Spigen anti-glare screen protector.

I guess you can say the excitement is real. Also the UberTurbines will be taken off upon delivery and sold.

So here’s an update from my end. Casually kept telling myself I’ll be ok with waiting, since I already have a DD…… let’s just say I have a case of the “delivery waiting bug”

My timeline is as follows:
7/27 - Ordered LR White/Black no FSD (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
7/29 - Order change to Performance White/Black no FSD

EDD since the change has been from 8/14-9/01 to now 08/18-09/04

During the wait I have ordered:
- 18” TSportline TSS (Space Gray) w/ Pilot Sport AS4
- Abstract Ocean mud flaps
- TeslaShields Floor Mats
- Jeda Hub 2021
- Spigen anti-glare screen protector.

I guess you can say the excitement is real. Also the UberTurbines will be taken off upon delivery and sold.
I'm planning on ordering a set of 18'' tsportline rims and tires as well. I will use my uberturbines in the summer and the tsportlines in the winter. Need to get some weathertech floor mats also...

I called but it always put me through the central team versus the actual store. They said they will contact the store and put in a request but based on my car arriving on the 6th it doesn’t seem like I will be able to pick up before the 9th so I should keep home delivery. Personally, I would still want to pick it up for the experience and be able to show them any issues in person right away so it’s documented
Looks like calling or emailing Tesla Support to be able to pick up the car versus home delivery has come to no avail. :(

1628013960711.png

Ordered this Sat and just checked my account and it's showing

August 17 - September 02​

Holy hell I need to sell my car. Was told 6-9 weeks!

For reference I live in MD so I was able to upload all my pre-work on day one.