Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone for posting all your dates and comments and pictures and updates... I made it to pickup my new 3, and got her home to start charging! Car was in excellent shape... some rubber trip bubbled top of drivers door, hope it settles down soon. Panels all looked great, paint is gorgeous, interior is spot on. I use hard engine braking usually, but this regen is way more! almost made my self car sick with the stop/go so much! Tesla shop was very busy, so it took me about an hour (said due to trade in paperwork and such). Looks like I am now graduated out of the waiting room... Good luck to everyone!!!

64978045026__8A35B824-9240-4C3E-BE76-BB8148DB1336.jpg
IMG_3415.jpg

Ordered June 18
Got the vision change notification on July 27
Got notification to schedule delivery on July 31 with dates if Aug 9,10,11
Chose 11 since I had some meetings i couldn't miss on 9th and 10th
Service center guy emailed me saying he can't hold the car that long even though tesla itself gave me Aug 9,10,11 as options. This was weird:)
I had only August 5th availability and service center guy said we will deliver it home and take the trade in car .

Much obliged. Delivery tomorrow at 4PM wooo!!

Originally had 1-11 weeks when I ordered so end to end was 6 weeks give or take a few days. Right in the middle I guess.

Midnight silver metallic, white interior no FSD

One last thing to add. My trade in value during this wait went up close to 2K (trade in offer expired and I updated the odometer and got the updated quote)
So definitely happy with the wait - though it sucked like everyone else to wait so long :) will post pictures tomorrow guys.

Happy evening to all

Reactions: TesslAshanti
Thanks everyone for posting all your dates and comments and pictures and updates... I made it to pickup my new 3, and got her home to start charging! Car was in excellent shape... some rubber trip bubbled top of drivers door, hope it settles down soon. Panels all looked great, paint is gorgeous, interior is spot on. I use hard engine braking usually, but this regen is way more! almost made my self car sick with the stop/go so much! Tesla shop was very busy, so it took me about an hour (said due to trade in paperwork and such). Looks like I am now graduated out of the waiting room... Good luck to everyone!!!

View attachment 692170View attachment 692171
Looks great! My same configuration and you ordered two days before I did. That gives me hope it will be soon... 🤞

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself, I order my M3P white on white w/o FSD on 7/11. Patiently waiting for a VIN and a solid EDD, as of the last week it just keeps going back and forth
You are not alone. On order since 6/30 with no VIN#. I've had the EDD get within a 5 day window/two weeks out at one point. Then simply pushed out to August with a 3 week window. Landed today with EDD at 8/17-9/5. Seems to be doing the normal push out of 1 day/per day now (like I've seen in the past). I think we just need to consider the EDD as complete trash.

FYI... White/White. It seems some others have white/white and appear we are mostly seeing the same EDD jumping around and never receiving the Vin#. Hopefully they will release them all at once next week.

Still showing the same here EDD of August 10th to August 16th. Got my VIN earlier this week. Still waiting on Tesla to contact me to schudle delivery and finish up paperwork/ down payment.
Do you receive VIN in your email or it will show in the Tesla account?
I ordered on 7/18 white on white w/o FSD. Current EDD 8.10-8.30. Incredibly long 20 days period

Do you receive VIN in your email or it will show in the Tesla account?
I ordered on 7/18 white on white w/o FSD. Current EDD 8.10-8.30. Incredibly long 20 days period
You'll get an email that says "2021 Model 3 Performance Agreements Are Ready" and then you'll go in and accept the terms, pay the balance and another email will trigger saying "Your Model 3 Performance Is Ready For Pickup" and then your window for pickup will be stated (3 days)

The VIN shows up in your account. it isn't sent via email.

I went to pick up my Telsa on August 2nd and denied the delivery. I knew to thoroughly expect every inch of that car before accepting. There was an odd finger length dent on the bottom of the car near the tire. Definitely factory made, because it was painted over. It was very noticeable, since the car is so shiny. Also, the charging port door was not flesh to the car. It looked like it was open when it was closed.

Yeah, that was totally unacceptable.

Questions: does anyone know how long it will take to correct these issues? Telsa told me a couple days (which I know is false) They have to replace that whole area that has the dent.

My other concern; I don't want to start paying for a car that's not even in my possession. I know Telsa gives over a month before any payment has to be made, but still. What if it takes another month to get the car.

So annoying, but I definitely was not about to accept a less than perfect expensive Tesla.