Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN too folks. EDD has been pretty consistant for a bit though. Ordered back in June (the 21st). Originally said end of July then got pushed - now showing the 10th to the 15th which is about in line with how long it took to get my past X and 3. I imagine I'll be getting an email/text from the SC here in the next day or two to schedule. Oh for those curious - Red exterior, black interior - just like my X.
I ended up calling the SC directly to schedule if you don't feel like waiting for them.

Manage order page updated about lunch time. Vin assigned. Paying via ACH/Plaid was simple. Estimated delivery went from next 10 or so days this morning to 5-8 weeks post VIN. But like others have said, this likely will adjust back to the next 2 or so weeks. Order was 7/7 for those on mobile platform. Sig block has the rest of the details.
Did you get an email when this happened? Easier to check my email than account. lol

When making a change from paying cash to financing after receiving my Vin, would I have to call the delivery center to get that setup? Would everything then be handled through the phone, or do they make some changes through my account where I could setup financing online? TIA!

*I chose cash payment when ordering because it was suggested in many threads to do it that way to "complete your account setup"*

Little update. I decided to finance through my bank (1.69%) instead of cash, AND put the car in my companies name. Big changes right?
Called the service center. In 5 minutes they changed my purchase agreement from my personal name to the company and switched from cash to third party finance. Super simple process. To anyone doing third party financing, make sure the names on the agreement match exactly with the loan. My bank said any differences will cause big issues when pickup time comes. Robert vs. Bob, no Jr., address info, anything like that.

Little update. I decided to finance through my bank (1.69%) instead of cash, AND put the car in my companies name. Big changes right?
Called the service center. In 5 minutes they changed my purchase agreement from my personal name to the company and switched from cash to third party finance. Super simple process. To anyone doing third party financing, make sure the names on the agreement match exactly with the loan. My bank said any differences will cause big issues when pickup time comes. Robert vs. Bob, no Jr., address info, anything like that.
This is super helpful! What bank are you using? I'm getting 1.89 from USAA and it was the lowest I could find.

Just got a new VIN assigned. EDD changed 4-5 times throughout the day (from Sept-Oct to 5-8 weeks etc). Now sitting at Aug 28-Sept 10th.

It's odd as I'm supposed to be waiting for them to repair the paint defect on the attempted delivery last week. Expected to hear back from them once repair is complete (they said by today) but have not heard anything despite multiple emails/texts. I'm guessing it was not an easy repair and they decided to assign me a new VIN.

Reactions: c00sebookpro