Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have VIN and still 20-26. A week away!

How does scheduling and request for final payment come through?

Email?
Account change [F5, F5, F5]
Call / txt?

Im currently in the middle of nowhere in PA with WiFi but no cell service.
I got a e-mail to setup delivery and also a text from my SA saying I had my vin and the e-mail was coming. They told me I would get a e-mail to log into my account for the final payment a day or two before delivery.

Picked her up. I’ve got to admit - red on these 3’s looks good… couple minor issues but nothing terrible.

Attachments

• E941DE0E-5F38-40C5-99C2-FFB959BDD62B.jpeg
    E941DE0E-5F38-40C5-99C2-FFB959BDD62B.jpeg
    609.4 KB · Views: 97
View attachment 696180
Pic and it happened. Will write more later while not in the midst of delivery.
Some further details:

On Tuesday, I made an appointment via text link 2:00 for today. When I called SA on Wednesday to sort out some registration matters, he asked if I wanted earlier. They opened at 10:00, but I took an 11:00 slot since I was traveling from a few hours away. Got there at 9:30. Hung out until 10:00. As soon as the sales end of the operation was open, they promptly got me started. Car was still in detail. Hung out and crushed out some work for an hour. 11:00 got to go over the car. No issues on the exterior. ZERO. One minor issue on the interior was a gap in the passenger front foot well between the floor carpet and the plastic moulding for the center console. They quickly addressed it. But not really. They gap was still there when they brought the car back. I decided that as an avid DIY'er, I'd rather just hit the road and take care of it at home.

I got a ride in a coworkers 2018 M3SR+ about 6 months ago. I was convinced. Never drove a M3 before today. It is a phenomenal specimen of engineering.

Got a 3 day permit. Then it goes garage queen for 6-8 weeks while I wait out registration from my state of residence.

I'm off to the other threads to learn more about the many settings that lie ahead for me to sort out. Y'all hang in there. There were many days I thought everyone else was getting theirs first and my order was languishing. In the end, it was pretty darn quick from order to driving and worth every minute.

Hi All,
First time long time etc.....

This has been going pretty quickly for me. Ordered an M3 Performance on 8/1, got the VIN on 8/5 and I am picking it up on 8/20. Just in time for TS Grace here in sunny Fla. The NEMA 14-50 outlet was just installed in my garage last week. I already have wheels and tires with bluetooth TPMS sitting in the garage. I'm trusting Tire Rack and the picture of the TPMS unit had a Tesla logo on it....I'll let you know.

Let's get this party started!!

BTW If anybody wants a set of minty fresh Uberturbines with stock tires and TPMS installed they will be on the for sale forum as soon as I swap them, take pictures and bag them.

Reactions: Bums
Hi All,

This has been going pretty quickly for me. Ordered an M3 Performance on 8/1, got the VIN on 8/5 and I am picking it up on 8/20. Just in time for TS Grace here in sunny Fla. The NEMA 14-50 outlet was just installed in my garage last week. I already have wheels and tires with bluetooth TPMS sitting in the garage. I'm trusting Tire Rack and the picture of the TPMS unit had a Tesla logo on it....I'll let you know.

BTW If anybody wants a set of minty fresh Uberturbines with stock tires and TPMS installed they will be on the for sale forum as soon as I swap them, take pictures and bag them.
Man I thought I was lucky ordering last day of July but my date has been moved to 8/27-9/6 with no Vin :(. Also have my set of new wheels and tires ready

My delivery story: Showed up at the Burbank DC about an hour early for my 11:30 appt (wife was flying out of BUR). They got my car ready quickly and it was ready to go about 10:50. Signed the papers, adjusted everything and was on the road by 11:00. I haven't gone over it with a magnifying glass yet, but the only issues noted are a tiny paint bubble above the right passenger door handle, the famous sunken rear door handles, and a couple of minor rubs in the paint on the front airdam. No other fitment issues or odd gaps so far. And what a blast to drive! Will post pics soon.
A few pics...
IMG_2237.JPG
IMG_2256.JPG
IMG_2241.JPG

Hi All,

You're going to LOVE that 14-50 my man! We're getting 33/mph at home and quite honestly, you could drain it to 0% and have a full battery before you wake up. It's awesome. Just...you know...don't do that.