Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is white interior for the M3P delayed like the refreshed S? I originally put in an order for the refreshed S back in April, and now it's delayed until February.

So, I put in an order 8/11 for a Red/White M3P and might forego the S. My M3P EDD says 5-7 weeks.

the EDD isn't accurate by any means, I've been seeing some people here getting their white interiors so hopefully it will be ok. My order is also white interior

Reactions: drpheta
Hi All,
First time long time etc.....

This has been going pretty quickly for me. Ordered an M3 Performance on 8/1, got the VIN on 8/5 and I am picking it up on 8/20. Just in time for TS Grace here in sunny Fla. The NEMA 14-50 outlet was just installed in my garage last week. I already have wheels and tires with bluetooth TPMS sitting in the garage. I'm trusting Tire Rack and the picture of the TPMS unit had a Tesla logo on it....I'll let you know.

Let's get this party started!!

BTW If anybody wants a set of minty fresh Uberturbines with stock tires and TPMS installed they will be on the for sale forum as soon as I swap them, take pictures and bag them.
I’m jealous still waiting on VIN and late September EDD. Enjoy and congrats.

Would that 20-25 apply to a region or in general? I would most definitely take an earlier delivery.
Your first EDD is a complete guess, then it starts adjusting to a shorter timeframe. You'll see after about a week, week and a half that you're 20 days out or so.

For instance, I would be picking my 7/30 build up on 8/23 - 8/26 but instead of waiting I snapped up a MSM/White that hit inventory. I'll be picking that up today.

The reality is that buyers are dropping on Tesla's all of the time I now own 2 Tesla's that buyers fell through on. Works for me, but back to your question: The M3P isn't taking very long to build right now. Neither is the MYP. 5 weeks is not something I would put much stock in, and again, if you monitor sites like Tesla Info you can check nationwide inventory, possibly find a match, contact your SA and it can be matched to you same day.

You're going to LOVE that 14-50 my man! We're getting 33/mph at home and quite honestly, you could drain it to 0% and have a full battery before you wake up. It's awesome. Just...you know...don't do that.
Good to know. I would start getting itchy when my ICE cars dipped below 1/8th tank so I won't be testing less than 10% charge....on purpose.

😍

Attachments

• 48E9A3C4-B9BD-4E8A-B219-8B10941CD4B3.jpeg
    48E9A3C4-B9BD-4E8A-B219-8B10941CD4B3.jpeg
    389.2 KB · Views: 100
Man the home delivery option sucks… they give you a time window but you’re stuck waiting around all day since if they miss the window nobody is available to respond about status.

Picking up at a DC makes more sense so you don’t waste a Saturday.

Squirrel 🐿 power plz don’t fail me now…

Picked up my M3P White/Black this morning in Burbank. Car is near perfect. Only the rear driver door handle needs adjustment. It is inset a bit too much and isn’t flush. Interior panels are perfect, paint is great, roof and trunk straight. Everything works as expected. I brought a good friend with me and we spent an hour looking over the car before I accepted it. He is super picky and went over the exterior with an led flashlight. Based on other users, I was expecting more issues. Frankly this car is awesome.

coming from my 2016 Golf R, the M3P has almost violent acceleration. The lack of acceleration lag is amazing. Single pedal driving is a trip. The audio system is great, but the fender audio in the golf had more bass.

Order date was 7/7. EDD was as short as 7/31 and as long as 9/21. VIN came 8/10 car picked up 8/14

Man the home delivery option sucks… they give you a time window but you’re stuck waiting around all day since if they miss the window nobody is available to respond about status.

Picking up at a DC makes more sense so you don’t waste a Saturday.

Squirrel 🐿 power plz don’t fail me now…

Whhooooo got the car delivered to the driveway tonight! Surprisingly it's tough to get the car "unlocked" haha. I guess I'm a weird one with having Powerwalls first before I got a Tesla vehicle. It took a few extra clicks re-logins on Tesla.com and re-installing the app to get into the vehicle.

I posted about my inspection of the vehicle gaps/flushness inside/outside here:

Overall the car's gaps and flushness were really good. The only negative has been the amount of black smudges, handprints, and fingerprints inside the car (headliner, dash, white seats, windows, etc). Really weird that Tesla won't let their folks get clean gloves when they muck about the interior. Also, there were some marks on the paint that didn't come out with a claybar. I'll ask Tesla what they recommend before I try anything more harsh than a claybar.

It was too dark for pics, but Red + White Interior Team = Best Team!

🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿

Whhooooo got the car delivered to the driveway tonight! Surprisingly it's tough to get the car "unlocked" haha. I guess I'm a weird one with having Powerwalls first before I got a Tesla vehicle. It took a few extra clicks re-logins on Tesla.com and re-installing the app to get into the vehicle.

I posted about my inspection of the vehicle gaps/flushness inside/outside here:

Overall the car's gaps and flushness were really good. The only negative has been the amount of black smudges, handprints, and fingerprints inside the car (headliner, dash, white seats, windows, etc). Really weird that Tesla won't let their folks get clean gloves when they muck about the interior. Also, there were some marks on the paint that didn't come out with a claybar. I'll ask Tesla what they recommend before I try anything more harsh than a claybar.

It was too dark for pics, but Red + White Interior Team = Best Team!

🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿
Ohhhhh. Congrats!

That's my config, too. How long from order day to delivery did it take for you to get yours?

So frustrated. Ordered my standard M3 white/ white on 6/22, delivery date has been getting pushed back and forth the whole time. this week it said 8/14, then 8/18, now 8/21. I have no reason to believe it wont continue to get pushed back. I have been ubering to work racking up so much just waiting for this car ugh. Im in LA btw.