Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Big congrats to you all getting your VIN. I ordered 8/3, White w/ black interior and as of today have a 8/26 - 9/15 EDD. Been going back and forth between 9/2 - 9/22, but it's all good. Should be getting close either way. My birthday is 9/18, so if I have it before then it would be an awesome gift to myself! No VIN as of yet, but patiently waiting....
Same order day, EDD estimates and car. Hopefully we some VINs soon.

Reactions: TesslAshanti
Damn congrats! I ordered 4 days before you and still don’t have one, same configuration. Did you get an email or just happen to check your account?

And you’re in Texas! I HAVE to be getting a VIN soon…
I didn't get an email, I check my account like a madwoman. Yours has got to be coming soon, I just have a feeling they are all on the same truck. Is your EDD window tightening up?

Reactions: aroncbrown
Not sure but my SA said to put it in cash then once I get vin to change it to financing. Order date to vin was less than 3 weeks so it worked for me. Now just waiting for SA to call back lol.
Was your SA suggesting that this had any impact on the order process or timeline? I'd also hate to get delayed because I switched financing in the process (though your experience does suggest otherwise).

Now 8/28-9/6 so no real movement. I find it interesting the difference in estimates that can be 3-4 weeks on order dates that are 1-2 days apart, or how some windows are 3-4 weeks and others are 10 days or less.
Just got my VIN last night. Delivery 8/30-9/2. Still have to finalize financing and get it paid, but hopefully will have for the long weekend.

Order date was 8/4.

Reactions: nyudoc04
Was your SA suggesting that this had any impact on the order process or timeline? I'd also hate to get delayed because I switched financing in the process (though your experience does suggest otherwise).

My SA said have a complete profile until your vin is assigned, and then you can complete financing, should easily be able to complete that before actual delivery

Out of curiosity - when do SA's come into the picture? I'm just a couple of days into my reservation at this point. Should I be expecting contact from one soon to establish anything? As discussed above, I'm up to the point of leaving the financing part unconfirmed.

My SA said have a complete profile until your vin is assigned, and then you can complete financing, should easily be able to complete that before actual delivery
Can you define "complete profile"? Does that mean everything submitted including either "Cash" or a financing/approval done (with all the credit checks)? Or everything short of the finance steps?

Can you define "complete profile"? Does that mean everything submitted including either "Cash" or a financing/approval done (with all the credit checks)? Or everything short of the finance steps?

A complete profile is with financing complete as well, basically everything up to "insurance and agreements". I would advise to just put cash for now, and switch to financing when you have vin, this way you don't have to hard credit pull potentially twice and you will still have a complete profile to get assigned a vin

Yes he suggested to select cash so I can get allocation much faster which in my case worked as expected.

Thanks @Bums and @finalleaf both - I've gone ahead and set it to Cash. Profile "complete", I guess - so let's see where this goes. :)

That does appear to have locked me out of changing the financing any further on my own now, though... so I suppose the SA has to open that door for me again once a VIN assignment happens?

Thanks @Bums and @finalleaf both - I've gone ahead and set it to Cash. Profile "complete", I guess - so let's see where this goes. :)

That does appear to have locked me out of changing the financing any further on my own now, though... so I suppose the SA has to open that door for me again once a VIN assignment happens?

Yup.

I heard that If you select Dogecoin, they'd have your car ready in 1 day. Squirrelcoin is a good option too...

🤷🏾‍♂️

Same. Ordered last week online and have not heard from anyone at Tesla.
@FrankTheTank @halfpress The experience with SAs seems to vary wildly. Some have very helpful, responsive SAs, others have non-responsive ones. Some, like me, never got a phone call, text or email from an SA, nor have I had any communication from Tesla other than my reservation confirmation. Placed my order 7/25.

Reactions: DocHolliday