Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Cal Performance orders will typically arrive between the last 2 weeks of the quarter. If you're lucky, it may arrive

For anyone in WA, I’ve contacted Tesla Renton and passed on a delivered Blue/White M3P, standard AP. We decided to go with a MS Plaid.
Nice, we are in Renton and Blue was one other color I was after. Let me give them a call.

Reactions: ForDesign
Now my account page is showing a 500, still no vin email though, definitely feels that they are not prioritizing local at all since many people in other parts of CA have ordered later and gotten their vins

edit: its back up, no change to EDD 8/26 - 9/03
Same boat. Ordered Performance Model 3 at the end of July. Originally had delivery dates 8/12 to 8/26 this morning updated to 9/1 to 9/21. Norther California. Bummed.

Hopefully you’re one of the lucky ones that get their order earlier. 7 days from delivery window and my account hasn’t updated in 12 days. No VIN or communication from Tesla.

nothing is certain until you get your vin, but once you get your vin everything should be quick barring anything out of the ordinary happening. i ordered my first m3 LR at the end of june and took delivery on aug 1 so ive been lucky so far

Oh, I wonder if I got yours. This is exactly what I ordered and I’m in Seattle.
Maybe? I actually just saw my car at Tesla in Sodo. It’s a great color spec, but seeing the Plaid convinced me to change my order on the spot. As a former 19 M3P owner, it’s a great car. But the new changes to the S made it hard to pass up.
A5356BD5-3298-4F0C-839B-3EBC724FB7AA.jpeg

Maybe? I actually just saw my car at Tesla in Sodo. It’s a great color spec, but seeing the Plaid convinced me to change my order on the spot. As a former 19 M3P owner, it’s a great car. But the new changes to the S made it hard to pass up.
View attachment 702261

thats a big jump and congrats! if i had the money for the plaid right now id def get that one too!

Reactions: snikt and ForDesign
How does delivery delay work? I think it should be done before VIN is assigned.
If I delay the delivery, will it remove the already assigned VIN?

As far as I understand the model year is encoded in VIN at the 10th position, e.g. M equals 2021.
So 2022 should have N in VIN.

Looking at the "Tesla Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker" spreadsheet I see the average delay between order and VIN is 10-15 days.

Looking at the "Tesla Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker" spreadsheet I see the average delay between order and VIN is 10-15 days.
What exactly are you referring to re: delay between order and VIN? The avg time between order date and VIN is closer to ~90 days for most MYLR orders. However, the avg time from VIN to delivery is probably closer to 10-15 days. *Note: this is for MYLR

I am also interested in delaying my delivery date but do not want to put my order on Hold. I am currently scheduled for late September but I'm expecting 2022 models to come out early October as they did last year. I'd rather delay a few weeks to get a 2022 model for resale value (not expecting any new features or changes whatsoever) but do not want to get pushed all the way to the back of the line.

As it is now, my EDD lines up for when I will be out of town late September. I know Tesla has a 3 day window to schedule pickup so I may find out what happens if you miss your delivery date. I really hope they just rematch me to a VIN after a few weeks like I've seen reported by a few people.

Last edited: