Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
W
Would love to hear your thoughts on comparing the two cars? I've narrowed down my next car to either the M2CS or the M3P. I recently sold my 21 M240 back to the dealer (they offered me 15% more than what I bought it for nearly 10 months ago; highest appraisal I received.) I generally dont do HPDE events, but like to autocross here with my local SCCA region (hoping to autocross whatever I choose.) I went ahead and reserved a M3P, but figure I have two weeks or so to ultimately decide.

Reserve: 9/8
Model: White exterior, black interior Performance - no FSD
Estimated Delivery: September 22 - September 30
Will do! I Am doing an overnight test drive today and will be able to test both back-to-back!

Ordered my deep blue metallic/white interior/no FSD M3P on 8/28. SA stated I'd get match to a VIN around 9/21. EDD has been showing 9/9-9/30 until today, now it says 2-8 weeks. I'm in the Seattle area.

This will be my 3rd Tesla. Started with a 2 year lease on my current 2020 M3P white with black interior followed by a purchase of one of the early Model Y LRs (also white with black interior). The blue will go great with the white Model Y and my ruby red Mustang ;)

I'm also in the Seattle area. SA gave me the same time line even maybe sooner. I got the same 2-8 week change this morning on my White/Black interior FSD M3P

Well, folks, it was a pleasure being in this room with all of you and gathering input each day while we all wait for our Teslas to arrive. I finally got the text this morning from Tesla to schedule my delivery to my home on 9/15. I wish you all good luck and looking forward to seeing some awesome pics of your cars. Definitely exciting times for Tesla and Thank you Tesla Motors Club for allowing me to join this awesome community!

Ordered Placed: 7/28
Assigned VIN: 9/9
Scheduled Delivery 9/15
Model 3 Performance White on White without FSD.

Ordered my deep blue metallic/white interior/no FSD M3P on 8/28. SA stated I'd get match to a VIN around 9/21. EDD has been showing 9/9-9/30 until today, now it says 2-8 weeks. I'm in the Seattle area.

This will be my 3rd Tesla. Started with a 2 year lease on my current 2020 M3P white with black interior followed by a purchase of one of the early Model Y LRs (also white with black interior). The blue will go great with the white Model Y and my ruby red Mustang ;)
Wish my SA would give me any sort of information. When I asked, she simply stated there's no way of finding out VIN/delivery info, but she's also been pretty non-responsive to text/email messages in general. So, there's that.

I'm also in the Seattle area. SA gave me the same time line even maybe sooner. I got the same 2-8 week change this morning on my White/Black interior FSD M3P

and just in the last few minutes it was updated to 9/14-9/30

I am also in Seattle. Ordered on 8/15. EDD was 9/3 to 9/30, and then 9/9 to 9/30, and this morning it is 9/13 to 9/30. No VIN yet. We will hopefully get our cars around the same time.

Reactions: aclosedmind
Where are yall getting in contact with an SA? I have not been able to get ahold of ANYONE.
For me, the Advisor reached out to me via email with contact information after meeting her during a test drive at my nearby Tesla store. But, again, she really hasn't been responsive to text/email after that initial contact.

I also tried calling the local store, but the person answering the phone essentially read to me canned responses from a flowchart of 'how to respond to customers' responses and provided no real information.

In terms of trying to get updates, it's been a poor experience.

Reactions: Phlier
I’m at Gulf Coast Auto Shield at the Beltway and 59 South getting tint as we speak. Highly recommended here Arthur. I’ll share some pics afterward, 20% all around and 70% windshield.
Dude my wife’s Porsche Macan is there right now being wrapped! I will be there this evening to pick it up. Small world! Lol. I’ll check them out for tinting my M3P.

Adding another data point here.. Performance, Black exterior, white interior, no FSD, in FL.

Ordered - 8/18
VIN assigned - 8/25
Notified to schedule delivery - 8/29
Delivery appointment - 9/9

Yankee_d,

Did your delivery happen yesterday? I had nearly the exact order date and delivery date, but they called me Sunday to say the train was delayed. I'm rescheduled for tomorrow, but as of this morning, it is scheduled for arrival at the SC today. Fingers crossed that my second delivery date sticks.

Found our 2021 Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance in inventory earlier this week. The search for an existing vehicle was arduous, but it paid off. Maybe it was an orphan? Anyhow. we leased it for 24 months and will be picking it up tomorrow.
  • Pearl White Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • 20’’ Überturbine Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Autopilot

Yankee_d,

Did your delivery happen yesterday? I had nearly the exact order date and delivery date, but they called me Sunday to say the train was delayed. I'm rescheduled for tomorrow, but as of this morning, it is scheduled for arrival at the SC today. Fingers crossed that my second delivery date sticks.
Hey, I did not get it yesterday. On Wednesday (9/8) they texted me to tell me it was arriving at the delivery center on Thursday (9/9), so they were pushing my delivery back to tomorrow (9/11) morning so that they had time to process/inspect it. Maybe our cars were on the same train! With this in mind, my updated timeline is:

Ordered - 8/18
VIN assigned - 8/25
Notified to schedule delivery - 8/29
Delivery rescheduled - 9/8
Original Delivery appointment - 9/9
Second Delivery appointment - 9/11

On the plus side, this gave me time to resubmit my trade-in which went up in value by about $1600.

Reactions: Phlier
For me, the Advisor reached out to me via email with contact information after meeting her during a test drive at my nearby Tesla store. But, again, she really hasn't been responsive to text/email after that initial contact.

I also tried calling the local store, but the person answering the phone essentially read to me canned responses from a flowchart of 'how to respond to customers' responses and provided no real information.

In terms of trying to get updates, it's been a poor experience.
I totally sympathize with you.

My order/delivery experience was horrible. Beyond awful. Not only were people unresponsive, but they were incompetent... it's a long, ugly story.

But the joy the car has brought my family has more than made up for that horrible period of time two years ago.

Your nightmare will soon end, and you'll end up loving the car so much it makes up for the insanely bad purchasing experience.

Hang in there, man. You'll get there soon. :)

Edit: I'm just up the road from you in St. George, Utah. If you want to take the edge off the wait a bit, come on up and we'll go for a ride in my 2019 Performance.

Reactions: pAvem3nt