Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude my wife’s Porsche Macan is there right now being wrapped! I will be there this evening to pick it up. Small world! Lol. I’ll check them out for tinting my M3P.
White Macan?! I saw it dude! Haha

Here’s the result!

Attachments

• D1CAFB19-DD92-400F-BE7D-1222D1DD626F.jpeg
    D1CAFB19-DD92-400F-BE7D-1222D1DD626F.jpeg
    514.4 KB · Views: 89
Hey all. Long-time member, but I have not been around here as much lately. Just ordered by new Model 3 -- Performance, red, white interior, basic AP. Delivery estimate to November, though the gallery sales person I spoke to yesterday said it might be closer to 4 weeks. I'll be trading in my 2018 Model 3 (LR, RWD, VIN in the 7000s).

This will actually be my third Tesla. I had a CPO Model S for about a year and a half before my Model 3 -- mostly as a way to jump the original Model 3 reservation line. Before I got my 3, I never thought I'd ever buy the same car twice in a row, but here we are! Can't wait!

Reactions: Phlier and hcdavis3
I totally sympathize with you.

My order/delivery experience was horrible. Beyond awful. Not only were people unresponsive, but they were incompetent... it's a long, ugly story.

But the joy the car has brought my family has more than made up for that horrible period of time two years ago.

Your nightmare will soon end, and you'll end up loving the car so much it makes up for the insanely bad purchasing experience.

Hang in there, man. You'll get there soon. :)

Edit: I'm just up the road from you in St. George, Utah. If you want to take the edge off the wait a bit, come on up and we'll go for a ride in my 2019 Performance.
Thanks for the kind offer. Delivery should hopefully be soon. I should be good until then.

Reactions: Phlier
Nice! I’m still trying to decide on full frontal or full car for PPF, but will definitely head back to Gulf Coast Auto Shield when I decide to pull the trigger.
Go for PPF front wrap and lower rocker panels. Unless you’re doing a satin finish to change look of car (that would require a full car wrap), it’s unnecessary. Majority of chips are on front and lower side panels.

Reactions: aroncbrown
Go for PPF front wrap and lower rocker panels. Unless you’re doing a satin finish to change look of car (that would require a full car wrap), it’s unnecessary. Majority of chips are on front and lower side panels.
Xpel Stealh was being considered but now that I have the car, the shine on the solid black looks really good in person. I think your suggestion will probably be the way I go.

Reactions: miles267
Found our 2021 Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance in inventory earlier this week. The search for an existing vehicle was arduous, but it paid off. Maybe it was an orphan? Anyhow. we leased it for 24 months and will be picking it up tomorrow.
  • Pearl White Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • 20’’ Überturbine Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Autopilot
Picked up our vehicle today. Delivery was smooth, and they answered our questions quickly / politely. The car seems tight as a drum - no rattles or squeaks on the way home. Initial impression of fit & finish was good. It's even more fun to drive than the Chevy Bolt EV it replaced - which is good, since it's twice the money. :p

Reactions: Phlier
Got an update on my EDD today: was 9/16-9/30 now 9/22-9/30. Scheduled for pickup at Colorado Springs SC. OD 8/17, White ext, Black int, 18” aeros, no FSD. No VIN yet.

BTW, called the main number to try to switch delivery to newly opened New Mexico location. They tell me it’s currently in a soft opening mode for sales and service. Not a delivery location (yet).

Got an update on my EDD today: was 9/16-9/30 now 9/22-9/30. Scheduled for pickup at Colorado Springs SC. OD 8/17, White ext, Black int, 18” aeros, no FSD. No VIN yet.

BTW, called the main number to try to switch delivery to newly opened New Mexico location. They tell me it’s currently in a soft opening mode for sales and service. Not a delivery location (yet).
Oops. Meant to post in the LR forum. Sorry.

Hey, I did not get it yesterday. On Wednesday (9/8) they texted me to tell me it was arriving at the delivery center on Thursday (9/9), so they were pushing my delivery back to tomorrow (9/11) morning so that they had time to process/inspect it. Maybe our cars were on the same train! With this in mind, my updated timeline is:

Ordered - 8/18
VIN assigned - 8/25
Notified to schedule delivery - 8/29
Delivery rescheduled - 9/8
Original Delivery appointment - 9/9
Second Delivery appointment - 9/11

On the plus side, this gave me time to resubmit my trade-in which went up in value by about $1600.
And final (maybe) update:

I did pick up yesterday - 9/11!

It took a while longer to pick up (about 4 hours total) than most people because on Friday (9/10) I removed my trade and and resubmitted, which is how I got an increased value. The trade-ins team (which I guess is at some corporate location) had to approve and regenerate all of my agreements, which wasn’t really a big deal when put in the perspective of $400/hour. It seemed like their trade-in values increased every 5-7 days, so I would highly recommend checking that somewhat regularly for anyone planning to trade in to them.

Weirdly enough, this made my trade in (a 2020 Civic sedan) actually cost me $-300 to drive from 3 to 22,000 miles. It felt really weird to make a profit on paper (ignoring additional cost of the Model 3) for trading in a car 20 months after purchasing brand new.

There was one minor issue, the rear driver window has a couple of (barely) noticeable scratches. I accepted delivery because they set up an appointment to replace it for me. The only downside of that is I have to push my tint appointment back an extra week which I have already done once since the delivery got delayed. Otherwise, the car was dirty on the exterior which I actually don’t mind, and flawless inside (not even finger prints, smudges, hairs, nothing). No paint issues or weird fitment issues, no rattles or squeaks anywhere. Charge port (which I have read on here is a common issue) looks perfect, no protrusion or anything strange with it. Being end of quarter I wondered if we’d see more issues pop up, but as far as I can tell there seemed to be pretty good QC, with the exception of the scratched window (which my wife noticed, I don’t think I would have otherwise!).

If you're even a little bit flexible, it's entirely possible to get one from "inventory" instead of waiting for a custom order. We nearly picked up a red Model 3 LRP with white seats, but it got away from us because we weren't quite sure we were ready to buy. Once we made up our minds to lease for 24 months and pick one up ASAP, within a couple of days we found the one we picked up yesterday. White Model 3 LRP with white seats. Turns out that's exactly what we actually wanted, but we had already made up our minds to be flexible. Given we're leasing for 24 months vs. buying, we won't be doing any mods, but it's a great car as-is. Very happy with it so far. We asked how this particular unit came to be available and got the impression it may have been an orphan. Not anymore, haha!

And final (maybe) update:

I did pick up yesterday - 9/11!

It took a while longer to pick up (about 4 hours total) than most people because on Friday (9/10) I removed my trade and and resubmitted, which is how I got an increased value. The trade-ins team (which I guess is at some corporate location) had to approve and regenerate all of my agreements, which wasn’t really a big deal when put in the perspective of $400/hour. It seemed like their trade-in values increased every 5-7 days, so I would highly recommend checking that somewhat regularly for anyone planning to trade in to them.

Weirdly enough, this made my trade in (a 2020 Civic sedan) actually cost me $-300 to drive from 3 to 22,000 miles. It felt really weird to make a profit on paper (ignoring additional cost of the Model 3) for trading in a car 20 months after purchasing brand new.

There was one minor issue, the rear driver window has a couple of (barely) noticeable scratches. I accepted delivery because they set up an appointment to replace it for me. The only downside of that is I have to push my tint appointment back an extra week which I have already done once since the delivery got delayed. Otherwise, the car was dirty on the exterior which I actually don’t mind, and flawless inside (not even finger prints, smudges, hairs, nothing). No paint issues or weird fitment issues, no rattles or squeaks anywhere. Charge port (which I have read on here is a common issue) looks perfect, no protrusion or anything strange with it. Being end of quarter I wondered if we’d see more issues pop up, but as far as I can tell there seemed to be pretty good QC, with the exception of the scratched window (which my wife noticed, I don’t think I would have otherwise!).
I sold my 2017 ram 2500 cummins that I bought for 46k from a dealership back to them for 57500 2 years later with 20k more miles on it lol