Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text message today that my car was ready to be delivered today. Picked it up and everything looked great.

Reserve: 9/8 - Model: White exterior, black interior Performance - no FSD
Estimated Delivery: September 22 - September 30
VIN Assigned: 9/13
Email to Schedule Delivery: 9/18
Delivery Date: 9/25

Really surprised to get a car nearly two weeks after my initial reserve.

Best of luck all!

Got a text message today that my car was ready to be delivered today. Picked it up and everything looked great.

Reserve: 9/8 - Model: White exterior, black interior Performance - no FSD
Estimated Delivery: September 22 - September 30
VIN Assigned: 9/13
Email to Schedule Delivery: 9/18
Delivery Date: 9/25

Really surprised to get a car nearly two weeks after my initial reserve.

Best of luck all!
Wow. Congrats brotha, I'm getting real annoyed with tesla seeing their delivery priorities lol. Hope you love the car!

How far out from delivery did you have to complete the signing of final documents? With my last Tesla I don't recall this step. I think they just had me sign documents when I arrived at the Store.

I'm scheduled to pickup my car on Tuesday!! Upgrading my SR+ to a M3P

I'm now hitting bottom of my EDD again. 9/26-9/30 EDD still. No VIN

EDIT: Just called and they had no info. Basically said "Yeah looks like EDD says you might have it Wednesday or Thursday" so they expect me to be a last of the month delivery. If I get my car late on Thursday I'm not accepting delivery until past midnight. Screw their 3rd quarter metrics lol

Last edited:
Reactions: BNMAZ

EDIT: Just called and they had no info. Basically said "Yeah looks like EDD says you might have it Wednesday or Thursday" so they expect me to be a last of the month delivery. If I get my car late on Thursday I'm not accepting delivery until past midnight. Screw their 3rd quarter metrics lol
I got the same call only to have my date slip to 9/30-10/20 the following day. I hope that doesn’t happen to you…. It sucks lol! No Vin is not a good sign

I heard everytime you call or refresh website more than 24 times a day you get added to the back of the line... Testing feature for their Autobidder software.

Finally took delivery today! I was originally suppose to take delivery on 9/23 after getting my VIN on 9/21, but they had to reschedule due to it not quite being done.

Overall body fitment seems good — however, both headlights are a little over flush, one tail light is over flush, and the driver’s side door handle is shiny on the thumb area due to them buffing over it 🤦🏼‍♀️

The interior is nearly flawless, with the exception of some scuffs near the driver’s side seat controls…

I’ve only had a chance to look at it in the evening, so I’ll give it a more detailed look tomorrow during the day.

But I’m overall super happy with it! Hope y’all get yours soon!

Attachments

• 7D26728F-4C66-43FA-89E8-62959B1B2F30.jpeg
    7D26728F-4C66-43FA-89E8-62959B1B2F30.jpeg
    655.1 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: deceased
OMG this is so fast. During my order flow the estimate was for December delivery, which was perfect because I didn't need the car until December, and in fact would have moved by then to my own place. Currently staying at pop's since I just back to the States.

But things went a little faster than expected 😆

SEP 20 - Ordered!. Estimated Delivery Date SEP 26-29th! Whaaaat?! They had me select a delivery option, and I chose to deliver at my address. Awesome! Subsequently, I scheduled a test drive, which they had available on the 23rd.

SEP 21 - They text me to congratulate me on my order. I get on and schedule a test drive. Later that afternoon they text me saying all cars in the LA area have been marked for sale so they have no cars for me to try out. Boo! I guess my Model 3 will be the very first one I sit in.

SEP 23 - I contacted them on Tesla's site via Chat. Asking for more details about the purchase and what will happen next...and mentioned that the California Clean Vehicle Project rebate was not shown on the Order Agreement. The CS guy didn't know why and said he'd look into it and let me know later. Then he mentioned that I would be going to the dealership to pick up my car after payment. Anyway I was confused. I thought they were going to deliver to my house but I guess not...

SEP 26 - This morning, they finally emailed.... a payment link. Bam, done! An hour later I get an email asking to schedule delivery appointment on SEP 29. It turns out they will be delivering the car to my house after all! Woohoo.. Until I saw on a YT video that they come and just leave the car there.. Apparently they don't even need you to deliver the car! The YTer recommended going to the dealership instead for a better delivery experience. I was concerned about this and got on Chat again...asking about what happens if I discover pre-existing defects. They said I could take a picture of it with proper date and time stamp and bring it to the service center, and that would be enough to verify the issue wasn't my fault. I asked if the guy could stick around for me to fully inspect the car, and he said of course they will. (I have the entire conversation captured). Anyway this was a relief for me. There is a lot to go over, so I'm hoping he'll be patient as I inspect every square inch of the car. Anyway I checked back at around 9pm and saw that I still had a balance due of approx $550... I wasn't sure what this was about (it wasn't itemized in the purchase details). I went ahead and paid it.

Anyway I'm super excited. But I have sooooo many more questions.. Is there a FAQ for new Model 3 owners?

Reactions: Futaba
Hello everyone!

Placed my order for M3P - White (Exterior) - White & Black (Interior) on 09/18.
Originally my EDD was Nov 02 - Dec 02.
A few days ago, it moved to Oct 05 - Oct 25.

No VIN or any contact from Tesla other than the original order placed email.

Fist bump for all of us patiently waiting on that precious VIN # to appear!

Hi all. I am excited to announce I placed an order for a 2021 Multi red M3P on 9/15. My status has changed from 2-10 weeks to 9/18-9/30 and now just yesterday, 9/21-/30. Let the waiting begin!
Just got my vin last night! Edd changed to 9/28-9/30. A few minutes later, I received an email indicating that my address qualifies me for home delivery. I prefer to delivery at the SC however there is no options to choose. Can you choose where you take delivery?? Thanks.

Interestingly my EDD has been moved from 9/24 to 9/26 to 9/28, each time initiated by the SA. Already received VIN long ago. This a.m., I've even received an automated phone call from Tesla requesting I press '1' to accept 9/28 delivery appt. Upon contacting the SC, the vehicle didn't arrive on 9/26 as expected. May end up pushing them back until Fri. 10/1. So much for Q3.