Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the text to confirm my delivery for tomorrow at about 11:45, but it said model y not model 3, so I called to make sure they had the right car. The lady verified they just didn't change the wording on the text, then asked if I want my car today. She said they need 2 hours to detail it and I can pick it up at 2 on the dot. Looks like I'm making my secretary(my friend I hired lol) drive me there during work hours

I got the text to confirm my delivery for tomorrow at about 11:45, but it said model y not model 3, so I called to make sure they had the right car. The lady verified they just didn't change the wording on the text, then asked if I want my car today. She said they need 2 hours to detail it and I can pick it up at 2 on the dot. Looks like I'm making my secretary(my friend I hired lol) drive me there during work hours
Woo hoo.

Just picked it up. No issues found. Panel gaps all look good, paint good, interior good. Didn't really get to play too much with it because I had to drive back to work. Going to play with it more after I'm off and give a bit longer of a delivery experience post. I didn't even set up profiles before I left. Biggest thing I noticed.... the sound system. I boosted the bass and omg is it loud

Finally!!!! Congrats @Trekker_

Reactions: Trekker_
Just picked it up. No issues found. Panel gaps all look good, paint good, interior good. Didn't really get to play too much with it because I had to drive back to work. Going to play with it more after I'm off and give a bit longer of a delivery experience post. I didn't even set up profiles before I left. Biggest thing I noticed.... the sound system. I boosted the bass and omg is it loud
You are going to fall in love .... Congratulations!

Reactions: Waiting4Hyori
Either everyone here is very lucky and I'm not, or people don't inspect their cars during delivery because I just got back from the SC after rejecting my second Red M3P.

To be fair, it was in overall much better shape that the first one I rejected. Some minor issues were misaligned frunk, rubber seals sticking out on top at the roof, both headlights were misaligned. All these are minor issues that should never be there in the first place in a car like this, but provided those are fixable, I wouldn't mind.

Then come the two major issues. Both sections of the right rear light were not only misaligned with each other by at least a CM, but it was sticking out just as much from the cars body from the right hand side. That might have been an issue that was fixable as well, bit what really pushed me over the top was the left Y arm of the trunk was sitting above the body by a cm and looked exactly like some of the damaged trunks we've all seen on Model 3 by now. The gap there was huge. I tried to push down on this arm and it was sinking into the body of the car A LOT. I didn't even car if that was something that could be fixed. I was not going to accept the car that gets through QC with an issue like that. Anyone walking by would be able to spot it easily.

Really starting to miss my 2020 M3P :(

Pics or "it didn't really happen".

Reactions: austinmichaeld
You are going to fall in love .... Congratulations!
I already have. Surprised my girlfriend eith the car and date night so didn't get pics yet to post. Have less than 50 miles but I definitely got into a few street races in Mexico already. Hit up the supercharger for a bit. Man this thing sucks down power when you're doing full acceleration pulls.
Totally unrelated note: I've heard these cars feel super planted to the ground around 150

Does anyone know how the step from Q3 to Q4 is going to affect the orders? Did they just try to "push" production because the Q3 was coming to it's end, or are they trying to push through the last quarter earlier than just the december?

My EDD on "november" atm, but no dates just month. In EU.

Either everyone here is very lucky and I'm not, or people don't inspect their cars during delivery because I just got back from the SC after rejecting my second Red M3P.

To be fair, it was in overall much better shape that the first one I rejected. Some minor issues were misaligned frunk, rubber seals sticking out on top at the roof, both headlights were misaligned. All these are minor issues that should never be there in the first place in a car like this, but provided those are fixable, I wouldn't mind.

Then come the two major issues. Both sections of the right rear light were not only misaligned with each other by at least a CM, but it was sticking out just as much from the cars body from the right hand side. That might have been an issue that was fixable as well, bit what really pushed me over the top was the left Y arm of the trunk was sitting above the body by a cm and looked exactly like some of the damaged trunks we've all seen on Model 3 by now. The gap there was huge. I tried to push down on this arm and it was sinking into the body of the car A LOT. I didn't even car if that was something that could be fixed. I was not going to accept the car that gets through QC with an issue like that. Anyone walking by would be able to spot it easily.

Really starting to miss my 2020 M3P :(
I inspected my car quite carefully using a checklist and a lot of scrutiny. I found only a tiny misalignment that any car company would send through and was not worth mentioning. Otherwise, the car was completely up to par.

No, that is no me. That is someone else's post I saw on a Model 3 facebook group. Mine is still 9/30 to 10/20 and no VIN.
Same build same area ordered the day before on the 3rd, was told that I should expect my car the second week of October. Its bitter sweet as I am still waiting for my Tesla Shields to arrive which hopefully will be next week. I think I would still rather have my car first lol!

Wow, that's so bad... Did you take any pictures?
For the trunk, I made a video but its too large and won't let me post here.

Attachments

• signal-2021-09-29-183747.jpg
    signal-2021-09-29-183747.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 103
  • signal-2021-09-29-183625.jpg
    signal-2021-09-29-183625.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 90
  • signal-2021-09-29-184633.jpg
    signal-2021-09-29-184633.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 90
  • signal-2021-09-29-185440.jpg
    signal-2021-09-29-185440.jpg