Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD Updated to 10/3-10/17

Ordered 9/3
M3P MSM no FSD Seattle Area
Same for me. Changed from 9/30 - 10/20 to 10/3 - 10/20. This is the first time the end date of my EDD is sooner than then last EDD. update.

Just sold my 2012 Audi A3 to Carvana yesterday for $13,336. CarMax offered $11,700. Vroom $9,000, Tesla $8,500. Getting back $13K for a $40K car after 9 years and 61K miles, that is pretty crazy.

I picked mine up yesterday. The only issues I had was the trunk was slightly misaligned so it was off all the way around. It is not that bad but they helped me make a service appointment to get it fixed. Other than that it was great. I love the car and that instant torque is a beautiful thing.
IMG_4570.jpg

(moderator note)

TMC does not allow referrals to be posted here, nor used in the way they have been with DCU, which is why all the DCU threads are being locked when we see them. Consider this a public notice that its not allowed.

Please do not post any more conversation about DCU referrals in new threads or in these waiting room threads.

Thank you

I picked mine up yesterday. The only issues I had was the trunk was slightly misaligned so it was off all the way around. It is not that bad but they helped me make a service appointment to get it fixed. Other than that it was great. I love the car and that instant torque is a beautiful thing.View attachment 716304
Have them align that rear driver window trim as well. Picture definitely makes it look like its off.

Still haven't gotten photos but I'm a bit confused about something I noticed on my car. My car was produced 9/21, but my car still has proximity sensors and door stubby ambient lighting. I thought those were both removed. I asked one of the porters at the delivery location and he said randomly some "vision only" cars still have proximity sensors. The weird part about it is my car still acts like vision only (3 car minimum follow on autopilot, no option for 2 or 1)
Edit: I ahould also say, not a single other new car there had the sensors

Still haven't gotten photos but I'm a bit confused about something I noticed on my car. My car was produced 9/21, but my car still has proximity sensors and door stubby ambient lighting. I thought those were both removed. I asked one of the porters at the delivery location and he said randomly some "vision only" cars still have proximity sensors. The weird part about it is my car still acts like vision only (3 car minimum follow on autopilot, no option for 2 or 1)
Edit: I ahould also say, not a single other new car there had the sensors
Car still has ultrasonics around the front and rear. Only the front radar was removed.

Up until a few hours ago, I had a VIN, delivery window tomorrow for a Model 3 Performance. I paid the balance due yesterday, signed all of the paperwork, and yes, Tesla took their money out of my account already. Now less than 24 hours before scheduled delivery, I get an e-mail from the local Burbank delivery center indicating the vehicle is "pre production" but that they will have it to me most likely in 2 days. I am obviously very skeptical that they will be able to deliver a car that hasn't even been built yet in the next 48 hours (heck, its at least a 5-7 hour drive from Fremont to Southern California). Top it off, when I log into my Tesla account, it says I have a balance due and need to do the final paperwork.

Has anyone else experienced this? I was so excited to get my car tomorrow / this delay and how it is being handled is simply horrible business practice. Very disapointed in Tesla because of this.
Same here. EDD: 9/28 - 9/30. Got a VIN assigned, filled out the paperwork, paid final pymt, they took the money, I made the appt ... the following morning the VIN disappeared, the appt was cancelled by Tesla, then the EDD changed to 10/11- 10/31. And they still have the money. No contact except for automated messages.

Wife wrecked my 2018 stealth performance. ~95% chance I will be ordering a 2021 or 2022 3P. Seems like the builds are still kinda sloppy based on the pics and whining, but I gotta say my car was electro-mechanically rock solid for 3 years and 49000 miles. Gawd I miss it...
Whiny? You think it's whiny of people to expect quality in a car they are spending $60-70K on?

Wife wrecked my 2018 stealth performance. ~95% chance I will be ordering a 2021 or 2022 3P. Seems like the builds are still kinda sloppy based on the pics and whining, but I gotta say my car was electro-mechanically rock solid for 3 years and 49000 miles. Gawd I miss it...
I had a Dec2020 build that was pretty good, nothing to complain about just a small few gaps if I looked really close. My August 2021 build is perfect, I can't find anything wrong with it. I am also not looking super close; you won't find me out there measuring body gaps. As long as it looks good from 5 feet I'm good.

Reactions: Jmolloy3 and BnGrm
Whiny? You think it's whiny of people to expect quality in a car they are spending $60-70K on?
I would say the model 3 is actually a $40k car, and everything paid above that is for drivetrain improvements and performance. But even so, compared to other car companies the Tesla in 2021 is on point. I think the whole body gap measuring and quality control checking is a social media induced trend. The car is solid, small imperfections that are seen with all cars that are mass produced.

Reactions: Jmolloy3
I would say the model 3 is actually a $40k car, and everything paid above that is for drivetrain improvements and performance. But even so, compared to other car companies the Tesla in 2021 is on point. I think the whole body gap measuring and quality control checking is a social media induced trend. The car is solid, small imperfections that are seen with all cars that are mass produced.
Whatever is paid above is still going towards the cost of the car, no? Furthermore, this "social media induced trend" you speak of is there for a reason. Tesla makes GREAT cars. The fact that they steered an entire industry towards EVs is nothing short of amazing, but if you are trying to argue that their quality control does not leave more to be desired, I would really suggest doing a reality check. When a $20K Corolla is leaps and bounds better than a $40K Model 3, as you say, in build quality then surely you would agree there's justified reason for "whining?"

Reactions: Trex710 and Futaba
Yes, I do. It's like whining about the sky. When every reviewer on the planet has obsessed over the model 3/Y panel gaps and alignments, among other cosmetic issues for 4 years now, I think it's really just a decision whether you're OK with that reality or not. If you're not, go buy a Bolt, ID4, or Mach-E that probably has better "build quality". If you'd rather have all the vastly superior engineering, technology and performance of the Tesla, don't whine about the somewhat sketch body that everyone knows about ad-nauseum. Besides, it's under warrantee. Just use the app and make an appointment. You can also reject at delivery.

...and, FWIW, I had Tesla come out to my house and re-align the trunk while it was under warrantee. No big deal...

...but if you are trying to argue that their quality control does not leave more to be desired, I would really suggest doing a reality check. When a $20K Corolla is leaps and bounds better than a $40K Model 3, as you say, in build quality then surely you would agree there's justified reason for "whining?"
I think everyone agrees that there are issues, particularly on the 3. Part of the problem, as Munro pointed out years ago, is the rear subframe and inner body structure, which is a hodge-podge of way too many welded panels. He rightfully freaked out. Then he drove it and changed his mind (he no longer cared). That's kinda where I'm at.

Yes, I do. It's like whining about the sky. When every reviewer on the planet has obsessed over the model 3/Y panel gaps and alignments, among other cosmetic issues for 4 years now, I think it's really just a decision whether you're OK with that reality or not. If you're not, go buy a Bolt, ID4, or Mach-E that probably has better "build quality". If you'd rather have all the vastly superior engineering, technology and performance of the Tesla, don't whine about the somewhat sketch body that everyone knows about ad-nauseum. Besides, it's under warrantee. Just use the app and make an appointment. You can also reject at delivery.

...and, FWIW, I had Tesla come out to my house and re-align the trunk while it was under warrantee. No big deal...
Agree to disagree I suppose. Perhaps if there was more competition Tesla wouldn't be getting away with subpar quality control. Since that doesn't seem to matter to you as much as it matters to me, to each his own I suppose. If there was an equally competitive car out there right now, I would be considering it. I'm not at all a fan of the "oh I'll get this fixed later under warranty" mindset especially since we've seen so many stories of hearing back "it's within spec" from Tesla. I'm of the mindset that cars with such issues shouldn't be leaving the factory in the first place.

Reactions: Jmolloy3 and Futaba