Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which is odd. Maybe they anticipate something with Tesla's dropping in value that the other entities don't know about. This is pure speculation, but why on Earth would they price themselves out of getting someone's trade for a perfectly great opporutnity to resell one of their own cars, but they'll take in other brands. Logic follows that if you're asking about trading your Tesla, you DONT plan on keeping it anyway, it makes zero sense why they wouldn't want to capitalize on the opportunity by offering a more competitive trade value for customers. That's why I think they know something others do not regarding short term future value. That's what logic would tell us anyway.

Don't forget that Tesla no longer runs a certified pre-owned car program. So they have no interest in doing much with used cars like a typical dealer would.

Reactions: jose3030 and .Slug
Which is odd. Maybe they anticipate something with Tesla's dropping in value that the other entities don't know about. This is pure speculation, but why on Earth would they price themselves out of getting someone's trade for a perfectly great opporutnity to resell one of their own cars, but they'll take in other brands. Logic follows that if you're asking about trading your Tesla, you DONT plan on keeping it anyway, it makes zero sense why they wouldn't want to capitalize on the opportunity by offering a more competitive trade value for customers. That's why I think they know something others do not regarding short term future value. That's what logic would tell us anyway.
I think they are more keen to capture ICE vehicle trade ins, converting people to the Tesla side. That's the only logic I can think of.

Do you guys think a 12/13-12/31 delivery will get delayed into next year for a M3P being in California? I’m getting worried it’ll get delayed and I won’t have a car to travel since I prematurely sold my car! Ive seen some LR M3s with January EDD and dont want this to be the case as Im going to be needing it for school for my winter quarter starting January 3rd, you guys think Ill be alright? I ordered 11/4

Do you guys think a 12/13-12/31 delivery will get delayed into next year for a M3P being in California? I’m getting worried it’ll get delayed and I won’t have a car to travel since I prematurely sold my car! Ive seen some LR M3s with January EDD and dont want this to be the case as Im going to be needing it for school for my winter quarter starting January 3rd, you guys think Ill be alright? I ordered 11/4
I'm in CA and ordered 10/29 a few days before you and having my doubts. My advice, find a car you can borrow reliably. That's what I did. Been borrowing a car since 10/25. I paid the person I'm borrowing from a calculated depreciation amount based on mileage estimates I'm planned to drive. Of course most stuff is appreciating, but it wasn't much. I'm also voluteering to pay their oil change this weekend.

Reactions: HarpoonS
I'm in CA and ordered 10/29 a few days before you and having my doubts. My advice, find a car you can borrow reliably. That's what I did. Been borrowing a car since 10/25. I paid the person I'm borrowing from a calculated depreciation amount based on mileage estimates I'm planned to drive. Of course most stuff is appreciating, but it wasn't much. I'm also voluteering to pay their oil change this weekend.
I see! I might have to borrow a family member's car in the event of that happening, I asked the SA about this and he said since everything is filled out on my account I may see my VIN get matched earlier than those who haven't completed all of the information but Im unsure of how true this is. Hopefully December is on the table!

I had been meaning to write for a couple days.

I took delivery of my M3P MSM w/white Interior on Sunday 11/14. I can confirm that the wireless charging is operable and all USB-C outlets are present.

Nothing stands out to me so far that would reflect poor workmanship to the vehicle build such has misaligned panel gaps or paint flaws. I do wish vehicle tint would be a factory option. All in all, I’m a happy camper.

Ive been reading and following (again) for a few weeks, but i guess it's time to throw my info in.

My 2020 performance got totaled on Sep 29th. Took 3 weeks for insurrance to decide to total it out. I ordered the night they told me they were not going to repair it:

Order date: 10/22
M3P Red w/ White interior
2022 VIN: 11/10
Final delivery range was 11/22-11/28 before actual date set
Delivery Date: 11/27 at noon
Omaha resident picking up in Kansas City

My last M3P was delivered to my doorstep in North Dakota in Dec 2019. That purchase experience was a lot different than this has been. Lot more involved back then.. as in many emails between 3-4 different people at different locations. This has been much smoother. I don't want to pay until i see the car, and Im hoping I can do a bank transfer at the store on delivery day? I have a bank check from my credit union for about half, and hoping they can do the transfer for the rest right then and there at delivery.

Besides some of the more obvious things (spoiler not stuck down fully on both ends, noticeable panel gaps, etc.), here’s a few other places that I’ve found to generally have very minor assembly differences on lots of Model 3s that I’ve seen:

- Hood sitting higher or lower on one side when looking straight at the front of the car from a low angle near the ground.
- Differences between the left and right side where the metal fender along the side of the hood meets the front bumper cover (the small ~3 inch wide piece between the headlight and the hood).
- Differences between how much the left and right side camera is pushed into the fender.
- Trim alignment below all the side windows matching and being even down the side of the car.
- Running your hand from the rear quarter panel forward across the gap into the rear door, one door may stick out further than the other. This can be adjusted by moving the latch bar but can also then cause the door not to pop open with the button if you pull it in too much.
- Alignment between the metal edge of the trunk lid that flips up along the side of the rear glass and the fixed painted metal piece that runs down the whole top of the car.
- All 3 sections of each taillight/side reflector lining up.
- Scratches on the long matte black plastic pieces that run down the the underside of the car below the doors (have to really look under the car from below to check).
- Black plastic trim on the inside of the rear fenders not being completely attached.

There’s probably others but these are common things I’ve seen on multiple cars so thought I’d throw it out there in case anybody wants to check them during delivery.