Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly off topic but on topic.... is there anyone in this thread with a prior year performance 3... or even dual motor who is trying to trade it in to vroom/carvana/carmax/etc. Are trade in values still silly? I'm in between if I want to get another tesla, or explore a different car - at this point, I almost think I cant lose by just finally taking delivery of my performance order from a year ago... which is $4k cheaper than today. Worst case I don't like the car and just get something else (loss should be minimal).

Reactions: KGinCO
Slightly off topic but on topic.... is there anyone in this thread with a prior year performance 3... or even dual motor who is trying to trade it in to vroom/carvana/carmax/etc. Are trade in values still silly? I'm in between if I want to get another tesla, or explore a different car - at this point, I almost think I cant lose by just finally taking delivery of my performance order from a year ago... which is $4k cheaper than today. Worst case I don't like the car and just get something else (loss should be minimal).
I'm trading my 2021 LR with boost for a 22 performance. Paid 47k for my car in Dec of 2020, selling it to a local dealership for 53k this week with 27k miles on it. Teslas trade offer was insulting, and carmax was the highest of the usual places at 52k. If I was you I'd jump on it since you have a locked in price waaaay lower than today

I'm trading my 2021 LR with boost for a 22 performance. Paid 47k for my car in Dec of 2020, selling it to a local dealership for 53k this week with 27k miles on it. Teslas trade offer was insulting, and carmax was the highest of the usual places at 52k. If I was you I'd jump on it since you have a locked in price waaaay lower than today

Man - good for you - that is unbelievable. Its amazing how people just don't want to 'wait' for a new car.

Reactions: KGinCO and tm1v2
Damn! I guess I sold and got into the Tesla market a little early. I sold my 2017 GTI for $20k with 17k miles in 2020, we should have waited😭
This used car market is the only reason I took the plunge on a Tesla! I definitely dont need a car payment, but never in life will my used car appreiate in value ever again - it would have been inappropriate not to.

Reactions: HarpoonS