Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered in January of this year - order has been hold. Tesla said I have until December 2nd to take the order off hold, or it will be canceled forever. I figured, eh, lets see what happens - I think I did that on 11/24 or 11/25. By 11/26 I had 2022 VIN assignment and scheduled delivery next week LOL. Someone hasn't even contacted me from my local store ... need to switch my payment method to finance and need a trade in valuation done ASAP.

I ordered a MSM with black on 11/23, had a VIN on 11/26, and got a text it was ready for delivery as soon as 11/28 in Decatur. I'm going to be out of the country until 12/10 so hoping I can delay delivery until then.
I ordered performance on 11/22, had estimated Dec 9-23, and now just “December”. I’m in Michigan. Quite frustrating.

On the other hand, I’m still waiting on tires but it’s just the anxiety associated with waiting that’s killing me.

Got the delivery text today, scheduled for 12/8. Red/Black, Denver, order date 11/3.

I called yesterday and they said the car was in Salt Lake City, so I'm gonna call later and ask if the car has arrived to Denver and if I can pick up this Thursday 12/2 instead on my next day off. I REALLY don't want to wait another week and a half knowing my car is probably 20 minutes from my house just sitting there lol.

Anyone know how long it usually takes for the cars to go through their pre delivery inspection so I can take delivery?

Got the delivery text today, scheduled for 12/8. Red/Black, Denver, order date 11/3.

I called yesterday and they said the car was in Salt Lake City, so I'm gonna call later and ask if the car has arrived to Denver and if I can pick up this Thursday 12/2 instead on my next day off. I REALLY don't want to wait another week and a half knowing my car is probably 20 minutes from my house just sitting there lol.

Anyone know how long it usually takes for the cars to go through their pre delivery inspection so I can take delivery?
Got it hours after it arrived off the truck in IL

Just adding a data point from Phoenix, AZ:

MSM, white interior, no FSD
Ordered: 11/12 (Cash as payment option, no trade, uploaded DL, registration, and insurance info)
Original EDD: November-December
Updated EDD on 11/12: November 30 - December 28

I haven't heard anything at all from Tesla or SA. Nothing in source code.

Are we all confident on this forum to see the M3P delivering in December? Do you guys think they’re prioritizing us and potentially just shifting M3LR out till after the new years or we might be pushed out as well?
confident? Like id bet on it ? No. But I suspect there’s enough difference that the vehicles aren’t superficially identical, and so it’s just a function of demand. There’s fewer people ordering the M3P than the LR or SR+. There’s probably less supply too, but in relative terms the gap is smaller, hence shorter delivery window.

In general it seems like the delivery windows people cite jump around a bunch (for all models), but eventually settle on the same window originally given. So if they are saying Dec for M3P, I’d believe it for the moment.

To contribute, ordered 11/23, got delivery window of 12/10-12/24 on 11/24. No update since.

Reactions: HarpoonS
As I await my M3P I am curious if any of you know if I were to grab an existing inventory vehicle (Long Range for example), will the financing info/approval I submitted for the Performance, transfer over to the inventory car? Or will I need to resubmit the financing info and have another hard pull on my credit?

Good evening all,

I’m a long and avid reader but finally I’m in the financial position to make an order of a M3P!! Gone for white exterior, black interior with enhance auto pilot.

Ordered late on 31 Oct (halloween) and got a delivery estimate of Feb. Need to get my current car sold as that is the deposit for this M3.
Update - as I was going through the order process, the date was jan. On completion, it was early feb. 2 hours ago I got a text saying I should schedule delivery and got a window of 16-19 dec!!!! Booked in for 16 dec at 0900hrs!! Can’t believe it. Really need to sell the car which is the deposit now.

Though I'd give an update on the delivery process for me.

Recap:
Ordered 11/5 - White with black interior
Delivered 11/29
Denver, CO

Trade-in:
Traded in a VW GTI. All I had to do was hand over the keys, the title, and sign a couple papers - took all of 3 minutes. If you've got a trade-in, I think now is the time to give it to Tesla. They gave me more than MSRP for my 3 year old GTI.

Delivery:
Flawless. Could not have been any easier. I spent a solid 40min in the parking lot going over the 'checklists' that can be found online, and I couldn't spot one issue with my M3P. USB-C ports are present. Wireless charging works. Panel gaps were within tolerance. Weather stripping and head/tail lights were clean.

All smiles over here.

Though I'd give an update on the delivery process for me.

Recap:
Ordered 11/5 - White with black interior
Delivered 11/29
Denver, CO

Trade-in:
Traded in a VW GTI. All I had to do was hand over the keys, the title, and sign a couple papers - took all of 3 minutes. If you've got a trade-in, I think now is the time to give it to Tesla. They gave me more than MSRP for my 3 year old GTI.

Delivery:
Flawless. Could not have been any easier. I spent a solid 40min in the parking lot going over the 'checklists' that can be found online, and I couldn't spot one issue with my M3P. USB-C ports are present. Wireless charging works. Panel gaps were within tolerance. Weather stripping and head/tail lights were clean.

All smiles over here.
Glad to hear! Happen to see any Red/Black performances sitting around there or coming off a truck? Mine should be arriving there anyday now!

Reactions: SumOne